IGNORED

RIP Buster Footman - UPDATED with funeral arrangements

glynriley

A one off.  Thanks for your service to our club Buster.  And thanks for your kindness to me many years ago with a charity football match.  A sad day for Bristol City. Thoughts with Buster’s family, friends and our players who must have their own special memories over many a year. 

• Admin
12 hours ago, poland_exile said:

no, the 3-3 I think was Garland's benefit in 92 or 93ish (United had just won the title for the first time in years). That was a belting night! Great atmosphere for a friendly! BUster's Man U match I have no further details other than what I've gleaned from the net - apparently it was a largely U21 team they faced with Wes Brown the name that stands out. I have no recollection of this game at all and would love to know further details!! 

You are correct that it started advertised as a man utd 11, and Wes Brown was returning from an injury and wasn't the only recognised utd player 

Dreadful news. Such an amazing man.

The word legend is bandied around far too much these days...it should be reserved for those truly deserving.

Buster is, was and always will be befitting of that title.  

Buster is in one of my favourite memories as a City fan. We were shit, probably under Osman, and drawing 0-0 with Cambridge. I was ball boy between the dugouts that day and had an altercation with John Beck because I delayed giving his players the ball back. We were under the cosh and it disrupted their momentum. I turned my head to the right after and buster was staring at me with a massive grin on his face and then just gave me a huge double thumbs up. Little thing, granted, but for this then 15 year old it left me beaming!

RIP Buster. ?

On 24/04/2020 at 19:53, glynriley said:

Mate just text to say say Buster is recovering in hospital following a heart attack. 

He's probably sat up in bed in a t-shirt...!

If true, speedy recovery Buster. 

Hi, I'm Busters son, I can confirm Dad passed away on Sunday evening, thank you so much for all your kind words and support. He loved City x

Very sad news. 

I remember Buster's testimonial match at Clevedon Town. Bob Taylor played along with Alan Walsh and many other City legends. There was a bar and a buffet after the match at the club where many of the players stayed behind for a chat and to sign autographs. 

I think Buster ended up in goal trying to save a penalty. 

An absolute legend and a stark reminder than it takes more than a squad of players to make a football club what it is. 

Rest in peace Buster. 

I think that the majority of supporters (of all clubs) think most fondly of former players. It's a measure of the man that I hold Buster in as high regard as my favourIte players. Rest well, Sir. I certainly won't forget your character and individuality. 

Fantastic character and another nod back to when football was so much better.Amazing that a non player was so popular with the fans.A very sad day for all of us that watched City during Buster's time there.R.I.P. Buster.

Archived