IGNORED

RIP Buster Footman - UPDATED with funeral arrangements

glynriley

6 hours ago, son of buster said:

Hi, I'm Busters son, I can confirm Dad passed away on Sunday evening, thank you so much for all your kind words and support. He loved City x

Sending you and the family lots of love and strength from BS3. Your dear Dad will always be a City legend. RIP Buster. 

6 hours ago, son of buster said:

Hi, I'm Busters son, I can confirm Dad passed away on Sunday evening, thank you so much for all your kind words and support. He loved City x

Just heard the sad news from @CyderInACan Buster will always be a legend at AG and you have every right to be really proud of him, most pass through Ashton Gate and are forgotten but he meant so much to all us fans that hearing this news will dampen a lot of spirits today. Please pass on our condolences to all your family and take heart from the affect he had on many people's lives. RIP Buster.

19 hours ago, poland_exile said:

no, the 3-3 I think was Garland's benefit in 92 or 93ish (United had just won the title for the first time in years). That was a belting night! Great atmosphere for a friendly! BUster's Man U match I have no further details other than what I've gleaned from the net - apparently it was a largely U21 team they faced with Wes Brown the name that stands out. I have no recollection of this game at all and would love to know further details!! 

Always thought I had the programme from that testimonial game. But after digging it out & actually reading it, turns out I don’t. Tony Fawthrop mentions they previously appeared at the gate for Busters testimonial. I think this match ended 2-2 or 3-3 though. 

7110189D-6E15-4F80-B45D-5429C49BC8EA.jpeg

A37066F6-03FF-4C88-97E7-991FAEB5DECC.jpeg

3AABDBA9-1377-444C-8222-62CEECA38E63.jpeg

Remember Buster walking around the side of the pitch after just giving someone the magic sponge treatment. The whole crowd singing "Buster, Buster, Buster" and he would always give us a little wave. Was one of my heroes when I was little along with Tins. A very sad loss for the club and by condolences to all his family and friends. Also remember him being unbelievably quick, whenever there was an injury to a player from each team and both physios had to run on the pitch Buster would always win the 'race' even if the other guy had a 10 yard start, the whole crowd would cheer as if they were watching the grand national or something, an absolute legend. Rest in peace Buster.

Read this, felt gutted. Went and had a shower, paused as i got dressed and thought to myself, i need to wear a white t-shirt today so put i one on in honor of the man.

RIP Buster. BCFC Legend and the most iconic physio we ever had.

Never to be forgotten.

It’s a measure of how highly the guy is thought of that “RIP Buster” is trending right now in the UK. That’s with all that’s going on elsewhere too.

I can’t imagine any physio anywhere else in football would do that. Legend to me and so many City fans. RIP.

072B2BAB-9700-4CB1-A321-D7C0C8E6CCD3.jpeg

RIP Buster. 

Fond memories of you coming and doing a talk at a Chippenham Referee's society meeting. Would not take any money for your travelling expenses and stayed and talked for hours. There was no white t shirt that night as you had taken the time to dress with a shirt and tie. 

I think you even bought me a drink.

Thoughts are with your family and friends

Was just about to say he's trending, that's no mean feat.  Absolutely gutted about this one - I remember being taken down to AG at an early age and standing/sitting in the east end. Everytime Buster would walk back to the dugout everyone would call out his name - as someone else said above, he'll be remembered far more than 99% of players.  Shouldn't forget the work he did post retirement raising thousands for charity.  

RIP Buster.

It's minus 5 degrees outside there's snow on the ground, the pitch has been cleared ready for match day, the sun is out.

Win, lose or draw, who knows!

Will so and so play? 

maybe!

Will the pies at half time be hot?

Will the tea be drinkable?

Will i be able to hear the tanoy?

Will the bus run on time?

So many questions without answers until they happen, but one thing you can be sure of is that Buster will sprint across the pitch should a player go down injured, wearing a white T-shirt no matter the weather, Legend.

Archived