IGNORED

RIP Buster Footman - UPDATED with funeral arrangements

glynriley

8 hours ago, son of buster said:

Hi, I'm Busters son, I can confirm Dad passed away on Sunday evening, thank you so much for all your kind words and support. He loved City x

Thank you for sharing. Such terribly sad news. All our thoughts are with you and your family. 

RIP Buster, you legend. 

A great guy, would always stop for a chat in Nailsea, in fact the last time I spoke to him was in Brown's where he seemed in good form. 

Played cribb against him when he played for the LA British Legion, we talked about the game at Southend when after coming on to treat a player was clapped all the way round the pitch from both sets of fans.  

Condolences to Geezer and family. 

RIP. Mate. 

10 hours ago, son of buster said:

Hi, I'm Busters son, I can confirm Dad passed away on Sunday evening, thank you so much for all your kind words and support. He loved City x

And we loved your Dad.

A real old school man’s man . 

My condolences to you , your family and loved ones.

Broadcaster Geoff Twentyman, in a message to Buster's son, Rick, said: "He gave so much to so many. A heart of gold. When I was at Rovers I was in hospital after an op on my ankle. Guess who my first visitor was? Yep, your dad, the City physio."

1 hour ago, Dynamite Red said:

RIP Buster

Perhaps part of the Stadium or new training ground could be dedicated or named after him.  I am sure he would see the funny side of a "Buster Footman Physio Room".

City legend.

I could also see “Beryl & Buster’s Bar” being a popular venue somewhere in the stadium ...

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

An absolute legend, Buster and his t-shirt. Regardless of the weather, always the t-shirt...always got a huge cheer from the fans, and gave a big wave and grin back. Great character and a sad loss.

That’s my memory of him too. Obviously the T-Shirt but also the wave and huge grin every time us fans sang his name asking for a wave.

I remember a few games where there had been a clash of heads and both physios were waved on by the Ref, the other team’s physio may have been younger and perhaps seemingly fitter but they were never a match for our Buster. He would run with a distinctive limp, but always seemed to leave the other physio standing and reach our injured player first, much to the crowds delight.

We were very proud of Buster and his T-Shirt, very proud he was one of our own. As people have said a true club Legend and a Gentleman.  RIP Buster. My deepest condolences to you and your family @son of buster

10 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Not much else I can add, you were a huge part of my days supporting City and will never be forgotten.

RIP Buster.

Exactly this, a real good guy R.I.P.

Always look back at Buster as an icon for the club!!!!

How the **** he would walk out of the tunnel when it was - 3 degrees or farting down with rain with just a tee shirt on was beyond me.

Once we went away to watch the lads at Oxford (the old Manor ground).

Out he came tee shirt on.

Me and my mates donkey jackets, bobble hats and so on.

Shouted out "Oi Buster, aint you cold"?

His response "You need to grow some son" We pissed ourselves.

There was another time i done me back in at work and rang Beryl Fudge to see if Buster could have a look at it. He said come on down after training.

Off i went i he welcomed me into the pyhsio room.

Down to me pants he started to pull push and thump like you wont believe then "crack"

There you go son, your done, get home take some parocetamol you,ll be right as rain in the morning.

I was in agony driving home, felt bloody worse but next day i couldnt feel a thing!!!

What a person, top top man and someone i shall never forget.

God bless Buster xxx

13 hours ago, son of buster said:

And as you can see, we all loved your Dad

Whatever the weather, t shirt and shorts. A club legend for sure

Best to you and the rest of the family. I'm sure the club will remember Buster when all this is over and we can show what the man meant to the fans

Archived