IGNORED

RIP Buster Footman - UPDATED with funeral arrangements

glynriley

10 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Great idea - do you know if this is either Ashton Rd or Winterstoke Rd? 

Don't know. I assume the cortege will make its way to Bemmy Cremmy? Probably up WInterstoke if that's the case.

Hopefully the club may give a clearer indication nearer the time? Surely we can all observe the regulations and still pay our respects thoughtfully.

7 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Don't know. I assume the cortege will make its way to Bemmy Cremmy? Probably up WInterstoke if that's the case.

Hopefully the club may give a clearer indication nearer the time? Surely we can all observe the regulations and still pay our respects thoughtfully.

Geoff  Twentyman  mentioned it on his radio show on Saturday, where he replayed his interview with Buster and spoke about how he was visited by Buster when he was in hospital. Hopefully if details about the cortège don’t appear on this forum or the club website, Geoff will be able to give more details on his show this coming Saturday.

• Admin
4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

@JerrySLO hi Jerry do you know the answer to this? Cheers. 

@Erithacus @CyderInACan @Bristol Rob @E.G.Red @JerrySLO

The cortege will be going along Marina Dolman way approximately 3pm

The club have agreed to clear the area of deliveries etc and will man the barriers to allow the cortege to pass closely to the ground

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

@Erithacus @CyderInACan @Bristol Rob @E.G.Red @JerrySLO

The cortege will be going along Marina Dolman way approximately 3pm

The club have agreed to clear the area of deliveries etc and will man the barriers to allow the cortege to pass closely to the ground

Oh wow - that's amazing. Well done City. 

Dear friends

BUSTER FOOTMAN'S FUNERAL COURTAGE TO PASS THROUGH ASHTON GATE STADIUM

Buster's funeral takes place at Bristol South Crematorium on Thursday 4 June at 3.30pm.

Due to the current regulations, only close family members are able to attend.

In order to allow others to pay their final respects, the funeral cortege will pass through Ashton Gate Stadium along Marina Dolman Way.

This is expected at approximately 3pm.

Those wishing to attend may use the Winterstoke Road car park then proceed to

Marina Dolman Way

Social distancing must be observed at all times.

The family intend to hold a Celebration of Buster's Life at a suitable time in the future.

Thank you, on behalf of the family

Mike Adams

Bristol City Supporters Club & Trust

When the Grandson of one of the directors passed away a couple of years ago his courtage did the same route along Marina Dolman way. All the stadium staff came out and formed a guard of honour arch and I heard it was very emotional and a fitting tribute. I am sure Buster will be afforded the same honour.

RIP Buster.

1 hour ago, Super said:

I went down there to pay my respects today. 

A good turn out, all things considered. Probably a couple of hundred..? Including Scott, Carey & Rob Edwards. 

A touching tribute to a great guy! 

RIP Buster. 

Couldn't be there, but I've raised a glass to Buster this evening. I genuinely believe in 40-50 years time Buster will be remembered as well as any player.

RIP to one of City's most iconic faces. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I went down there to pay my respects today. 

A good turn out, all things considered. Probably a couple of hundred..? Including Scott, Carey & Rob Edwards. 

A touching tribute to a great guy! 

RIP Buster. 

Tinns and Walshy were there too. A lovely tribute to an iconic gentleman. 

48 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

It was a privilege to be there today.

Hopefully the turnout and the applause would have brought a moment's happiness to Busters family on a sad day for them.

I know that one member of the Footman family is on this forum, but hopefully the turnout today and the level of respect the great man has on this forum will bring some peace and happiness to the family. Losing anyone will always be hard, but I hope the family have the knowledge that he was an absolute gentleman, and an iconic part of the fabric of Bristol City's history.

Never to be forgotten, Buster Footman.

Fair play to those you went along to pay their respects, won't be too many physio's who get a send off like that.  And fully bloody deserved too.  Top man Buster.  Rest easy fella.  I'm sure it won't be long before he's at heaven's treatment table doing his stuff.

i owe Buster a massive debt of gratitude he saved my sons life in 1993 , a sweet lodged in the throat whilst playing on  Ashton park which no one could get out Buster came sprinting over from the city ground and managed to dislodge it,took him over to to treatment room checked him out and sent him on his way,its a much longer story than that but you get the general idea ....RIP Buster legend??

Archived