IGNORED

26/04/2014

Vincent Vega

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Crewe at home 0-0 , last game in the old Eastend.

14000 crowd that day and more in the East end itself than turnt up for East ville's last game. Which = we are more massive than Norwich. And Eastville.

41 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

How things have changed in only six years. When you think we`ve built the Lansdown and revamped the Dolman in that time too.

These things take .... money. Loads of it.

50 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I wonder how/when the Wedlock’s became known as the EE?  Its actually not in the east........:dunno:

From the history book; In 1926(?) two players (Bourton and Keating) were transferred and the money received was spent on corrugated sheeting to make the back of the covered end. For site time after that it was known as "The Bourton "Keating Stand".. Like you, I've no idea though when it was first referred to as The East End.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

From the history book; In 1926(?) two players (Bourton and Keating) were transferred and the money received was spent on corrugated sheeting to make the back of the covered end. For site time after that it was known as "The Bourton "Keating Stand".. Like you, I've no idea though when it was first referred to as The East End.

I’m sure someone must know!

I wonder if NNTDS has the answer?

Archived