IGNORED

Song for when the boys emerge ...

BS4 on Tour...

Apologies if this one has already been mentioned in the numerous discussions on music our chaps should hear when emerging from the tunnel - but I just thought “Back Home in Bristol” by The Dreadnoughts is a rousing little ditty that may pump up the atmosphere a notch when we are finally allowed back into our second home, especially as it samples ‘Drink Up Thy Zider’ as part of the tune, here it is ...

52 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Boys boys ..

Have a listen to this.

What's it about?

Well its about Jim Wilson wanting to be back in Bristol during wartime.

A hero?

Well not exactly.

He was executed for cowardice … But it sounds great.

Well, to answer you and the ‘laughing’ @GTFABM - this song appeared on an album which was in itself a tribute to all the people who fought during the First World War, who lived through the First World War and who died during the First World War.

During this war, all armies on all sides executed their own soldiers for ‘disobeying orders.’ 

They remained criminally unaware of the psychological damage that the new kind of warfare (experienced during WW1) had on young men - so they just shot the ones who couldn’t cope so well - and you cheerfully call it ‘cowardice’ - I don’t agree and still fully endorse this song ...

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, to answer you and the ‘laughing’ @GTFABM - this song appeared on an album which was in itself a tribute to all the people who fought during the First World War, who lived through the First World War and who died during the First World War.

During this war, all armies on all sides executed their own soldiers for ‘disobeying orders.’ 

They remained criminally unaware of the psychological damage that the new kind of warfare (experienced during WW1) had on young men - so they just shot the ones who couldn’t cope so well - and you cheerfully call it ‘cowardice’ - I don’t agree and still fully endorse this song ...

I read it as a comedic witty quip... you don’t need to get offended on other peoples behalf and write 3 paragraphs to justify your self importance.

6 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Any idea how a band from Vancouver came to sing that (with Wurzels thrown in) and film a video in Bristol? :blink: 

Loved it by the way.

Wiki mentions that they are influenced by west country folk particularly the wurzels, also influence by the Pouges and Rancid.

i'm a huge Rancid fan and must confess to not hearing of the dreadnoughts before this thread but can hear the influences above on this track. 

This would be much better than the Lone ranger music we currently use for the players to enter the pitch.

44 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Wiki mentions that they are influenced by west country folk particularly the wurzels, also influence by the Pouges and Rancid.

i'm a huge Rancid fan and must confess to not hearing of the dreadnoughts before this thread but can hear the influences above on this track. 

This would be much better than the Lone ranger music we currently use for the players to enter the pitch.

It's a very random connection, but I love it. A quick Youtube search had me watching a room full of French-Canadians in Quebec City singing Drink Up Thy Zider. Love it!

I'm a Boston Red Sox fan, and this song definitely has somewhat of a Dropkick Murphys Shipping Up To Boston vibe ?

Yeah I know what it is about BS4 ..

Saw them support the Surfin Turnips.

Tis as I said it was.

Happen to think that Bristol City already have fine traditions.. The Wurzels.

A Wurzels this outfit admire.

Nothing to get vexed about.

But I may be losing my touch as its weeks since my posts have received an aubergine.

Gotta do you do home delivery line waiting to be used.

20 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apologies if this one has already been mentioned in the numerous discussions on music our chaps should hear when emerging from the tunnel - but I just thought “Back Home in Bristol” by The Dreadnoughts is a rousing little ditty that may pump up the atmosphere a notch when we are finally allowed back into our second home, especially as it samples ‘Drink Up Thy Zider’ as part of the tune, here it is ...

Erm I actually quite like that. What’s happened to me? :blink:

19 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

That really is a great song to possibly run out to at our first home fixture after the lock down but could we  also play the theme music to The Great Escape?

Time to resurrect The Boys Are Back In Town too?

Pity Tim`s not still doing it - he`d put together a banging playlist I reckon.

6 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I dropped them a message on Instagram asking this very question. ?

If you get a response could you post it on here please. Sure others would be interested too.Perhaps we should adopt them as unofficial City band?

P.S.Don't ask them if they prefer the Gas!

Archived