IGNORED

Song for when the boys emerge ...

BS4 on Tour...

16 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I dropped them a message on Instagram asking this very question. ?

9 minutes ago, Slacker said:

If you get a response could you post it on here please. Sure others would be interested too.Perhaps we should adopt them as unofficial City band?

P.S.Don't ask them if they prefer the Gas!

I contacted them on Twitter too - hopefully between us @Vincent Vega we will get a decent response ...

I'll have a crack at this.

This type of folk Punk is influenced by Gods West Country here in blighty.

Its also sort of mixed with other influences like Celtic folk.

Cider and punk is not uncommon elsewhere.

Chaos UK were Wurzels fans.

Influenced by them.

Played as a Punk Wurzels tribute band.

They influenced bands and scenes world wide.

The Surfin Turnips also local were Wurzels fans.

The Dreadnoughts are influenced by the Surfin Turnips folk punk.

They covered the Surfin Turnips Turbo Island.

And supported them at the Exchange couple of years back.

I went to see this band at the exchange a few years ago and somehow ended up smashing down the traditional in the Cider pub next door with them after the gig before the singer gave me and my mate 20 quid to get home cause we were broke. 

Nice people 

Edit: it is quite a strange connection to the West Country they’ve got, I remember them being fascinated to be talking to ‘real Bristolians’ haha. Never really worked it out. Would love to hear them played at Ashton gate and I’m sure they’d be absolutely chuffed 

On 27/04/2020 at 10:56, BS4 on Tour... said:

What religion does it mention? Must have missed that ....

Not directly, but I feel sadly the mentioning of jesus christ is enough for a song not to be selected as bristol citys entry song. 

Not in anyway saying that I wouldn't be for the song, just cant see it. 

11 hours ago, City18 said:

Not directly, but I feel sadly the mentioning of jesus christ is enough for a song not to be selected as bristol citys entry song. 

Not in anyway saying that I wouldn't be for the song, just cant see it. 

You wouldnt need the whole song played, just maybe 90 seconds or so, so maybe they could miss out the bit about JC.

On 26/04/2020 at 20:26, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apologies if this one has already been mentioned in the numerous discussions on music our chaps should hear when emerging from the tunnel - but I just thought “Back Home in Bristol” by The Dreadnoughts is a rousing little ditty that may pump up the atmosphere a notch when we are finally allowed back into our second home, especially as it samples ‘Drink Up Thy Zider’ as part of the tune, here it is ...

I’ve had a reply from The Dreadnoughts on Twitter after I asked them why they wrote a song about Bristol when they are from Vancouver @Vincent Vega @elhombrecito @Slacker - they said “the cider and the people have always drawn us to the place” - superb, love em even more now! 

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’ve had a reply from The Dreadnoughts on Twitter after I asked them why they wrote a song about Bristol when they are from Vancouver @Vincent Vega @elhombrecito @Slacker - they said “the cider and the people have always drawn us to the place” - superb, love em even more now! 

Cheers m8.

Listened to the dreadnoughts song in work twice today, just got home and played it again, as a proud Bristolian it sent shivers up me spine. Absolutely fantastic song. 
I know songs on here very rarely reach the stands but I would love to hear the chorus sang by us at an away game. Thanks for sharing ?

A new dreadnoughts fan !!

Archived