IGNORED

Season ticket refund?

Thornbury Red

10 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

just had notification of 22.34 refund, but what is interesting the original payment reference stated relates to next years season tickets which I bought 3 of at £1500, no refund has been paid into account so maybe computer error email.

But looking at again not sure if I was charged to much, I paid £1542 for 3 adults in the sides of the Lansdown W16 when 1st released, but can't remember how much the renewal was supposed to be, anyone remember?

A computer error wouldn’t randomly start sending out refund emails. It’s obvious someone has cocked up.

There won’t be any actual refund just the emails. 

Just to throw my hat into the ring, my surname begins with A, I'm a senior ST holder in the central lower Lansdown, and paid my 2020-21 renewal in a single payment back in March. My email stipulates £21. Doesn't look to me like any attempted scam I've ever seen, for what that's worth. The content - font, layout, wording - all looks exactly like the payment confirmations you normally receive and would appear to be authentic. Strange one. Haven't checked my credit card statement yet, but no doubt all will be revealed in due course.

10 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

Pretty obvious what has happened, 

The club have been seeing how much it would be per game to refund people, instead of doing it in a mock live environment they have done it in a real one and sent emails out. 

It’s the same as failing to check the signing section season tickets before going on sale. 

I reckon we have a winner. I’ve had my email through and it’s £22.34 for Dolman Centre and the original reference transaction clearly relates to when I paid for the 19/20 season tickets. No refund for either of the kids tickets (and tbf wouldn’t really kick off there). 

I reckon they’ve simmed the refunds on a per game basis but excluded kids tickets as they already had shirt etc (ie other benefits) which you can’t slice in part to refund

Someone posted this on Facebook so don’t go giving any details away

Hi guys, I’ve just spoken to the club & they confirmed the email looks like it is from the ticketing company they have not used for the last 2 years & contains old bank card numbers. The likelyhood is that this is a scam & the club have asked that people be wary of further emails asking for updated card details to enable the money to be paid to your bank. This is definitely not from City & the club advise DO NOT respond. Pass the word 

7 minutes ago, Gordon Saunderson said:

Hi guys, I’ve just spoken to the club & they confirmed the email looks like it is from the ticketing company they have not used for the last 2 years & contains old bank card numbers. The likelyhood is that this is a scam & the club have asked that people be wary of further emails asking for updated card details to enable the money to be paid to your bank. This is definitely not from City & the club advise DO NOT respond. Pass the word 

I’m calling rubbish on that 

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Gordon Saunderson said:

Were Bristol sport not doing the ticketing 2 years ago?

It's not bank card details - surely it's bank account numbers used?

Having just checked my saved YesPay receipts from previous purchases, the payment reference number in my email received earlier relates to the purchase of season tickets for the 2019/20 season on 25th February 2019.

This was obviously NOT two years ago, in fact not much more than a year.

38 minutes ago, Gordon Saunderson said:

This is total rubbish I'm afraid.

41 minutes ago, Gordon Saunderson said:

Junk. 

It is not from 2 years ago. It was the card I used last year, shiny new card with new number

7 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

As it’s clearly rubbish 

Yeah, ordinarily an email would come looking like it is from a particular sender but when you hover over the email address you would actually see the real email address - some random.  This is definitely from the legit company.

4 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

Yeah, ordinarily an email would come looking like it is from a particular sender but when you hover over the email address you would actually see the real email address - some random.  This is definitely from the legit company.

That’s fair enough then, I only posted this to warn other people just in case. If it’s total bullshit then I can only apologise and say better safe than sorry

57 minutes ago, Gordon Saunderson said:

Likelihood...

Likelihood that what, card information and card details have been stolen?!?!

21 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Having just checked my saved YesPay receipts from previous purchases, the payment reference number in my email received earlier relates to the purchase of season tickets for the 2019/20 season on 25th February 2019.

This was obviously NOT two years ago, in fact not much more than a year.

Just checked how much I paid for my season card on 25th Feb. 2019.

OAP South Stand: £294

Divide £294 by 23 (number of home games) = £12.78

Refund amount on email: £12.78

The fact is that I paid a total of £1300 for mine and three other tickets.

So why only a refund for mine? 

And why a refund anyway?

:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

Archived