IGNORED

Season ticket refund?

Thornbury Red

2 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Just checked how much I paid for my season card on 25th Feb. 2019.

OAP South Stand: £294

Divide £294 by 23 (number of home games) = £12.78

Refund amount on email: £12.78

The fact is that I paid a total of £1300 for mine and three other tickets.

So why only a refund for mine? 

And why a refund anyway?

:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

If the final games of this season aren't played you'll be refunded. 

@JerrySLO pre made statement for you here. 

Statement will be as follows

Earlier today a number of erroneous emails were sent regarding refunds from our ticketing platform. These emails were part of our extensive planning for all eventualities due to the coronavirus outbreak, we would like to stress that no information has been accessed by third party companies and we are aware of how the emails were sent. 

We would like fans who received the emails to delete the email, we will relay any further information regarding the end of the season as and when we have received communication from the FA. 

Please stay home, stay safe and protect the NHS. See you soon at the gate!

5 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

Earlier today a number of erroneous emails were sent regarding refunds from our ticketing platform. These emails were part of our extensive planning for all eventualities due to the coronavirus outbreak, we would like to stress that no information has been accessed by third party companies and we are aware of how the emails were sent. 

We would like fans who received the emails to delete the email, we will relay any further information regarding the end of the season as and when we have received communication from the FA. 

Give this person a job

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

I would expect the amount to be shown on my online credit card statement as "pending transaction" even if not yet actually credited - but it's not.  For example I bought something at 12 o'clock today using that card from Amazon and it's already showing on my online acc as "pending".

A payment authorisation is sent and processed in real time and is shown as pending, a refund isn't necessarily authorised real time (until recently they were only sent overnight) so won't show up as a pending transaction (also some banks/issuers love to drag their feet on mentioning a refund, to sit on a float of money for a day, every little helps - themselves).

On the wider subject - I also had notification of exactly 1 match (1/23rd) refund of my season ticket purchase to the card I used. Through my job I've seen all manner of complex phishing relating to breached payment data but even I will have truly seen it all if some fraudster in Russia actually works out a 1 game refund applicable to every seat at Ashton Gate. 

This is definitely the club and it's definitely not a 2 year old ticketing platform, it's the payments solution they were using a year ago and are still using (albeit via a different platform).

5 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

Thanks for that. 

I had the email, but like many others have said the refund if genuine would have gone to an expired card. 

Mine was £22.34 but that covers two adult cards in Dolman central. It relates the renewal of the two seats for the 19-20 season. 

I guess if nothing else it indicates that a refund is being considered as an option. 

2 minutes ago, HomerRed said:

Thanks for that. 

I had the email, but like many others have said the refund if genuine would have gone to an expired card. 

Mine was £22.34 but that covers two adult cards in Dolman central. It relates the renewal of the two seats for the 19-20 season. 

I guess if nothing else it indicates that a refund is being considered as an option. 

Ordinarily I believe the long card number on cards is carried over to new cards when a simple re-issue at expiry date. You should still get a refund in those circumstances.

8 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Great post from @Olé - sums up the details better than I could!

Has anybody received the email once this has flared up on here? If noone has received one in a while, that would likely be a further sign it was a club operation and perhaps just went out a little prematurely and has been put on hold...

My email was timed 13.32, which was similar to most I imagine. 

19 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

Ordinarily I believe the long card number on cards is carried over to new cards when a simple re-issue at expiry date. You should still get a refund in those circumstances.

Thanks. Strangely enough the bank issued a new one early after a scam attempt, but I imagine the same would apply. ?

25 minutes ago, Thameswey Red said:

But why refund only one game, doesn’t make any sense. I’ve received  the same email at 12.40 today with £15.46 , I’ve paid in full for both this  season and next . 

My bet  is a rehearsal for if the worst case scenario happens.  

8 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

My bet it's a rehearsal for if the worst case scenario happens.  

My bet is that Mr Arse asked Mr Elbow if a Mr Ashton could make his way to the Dolman stand.

Only for a PA announcement to then say that Mr Ashton was no longer required in the Dolman stand.

Not that anyone in the Dolman stand could hear it in the first place.

Just as a general point, when you get an email that asks you to enter personal information like passwords and security questions into a web page, it's a bad idea to do so unless you were expecting that email.

On the other hand, the club were using yes-pay for online transactions at least as recently as March 2019.

It could be that the payment provider got hacked, it could be that someone has sent legitimate refunds to the wrong people. 

Until you know, no clicky.

Come on City, get something out about this so that fans can better understand if they have to take measures to protect themselves.

Personally, I've not seen any email.

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Great post from @Olé - sums up the details better than I could!

Has anybody received the email once this has flared up on here? If noone has received one in a while, that would likely be a further sign it was a club operation and perhaps just went out a little prematurely and has been put on hold...

I had email at 16:58 - receipt for refund of £22.34 

Archived