IGNORED

Season ticket refund?

Thornbury Red

The club are clearly still preparing a statement that will cover the premature announcement of refunds. I fully believe the email to be genuine as there is no attempt to fraudulently obtain money on that email and the email address itself is valid.  Maybe the key decision makers on explaining the error have not been available today.  

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Great post from @Olé - sums up the details better than I could!

Has anybody received the email once this has flared up on here? If noone has received one in a while, that would likely be a further sign it was a club operation and perhaps just went out a little prematurely and has been put on hold...

Let's hope the curve has flattened out !?

2 hours ago, Olé said:

A payment authorisation is sent and processed in real time and is shown as pending, a refund isn't necessarily authorised real time (until recently they were only sent overnight) so won't show up as a pending transaction (also some banks/issuers love to drag their feet on mentioning a refund, to sit on a float of money for a day, every little helps - themselves).

On the wider subject - I also had notification of exactly 1 match (1/23rd) refund of my season ticket purchase to the card I used. Through my job I've seen all manner of complex phishing relating to breached payment data but even I will have truly seen it all if some fraudster in Russia actually works out a 1 game refund applicable to every seat at Ashton Gate. 

This is definitely the club and it's definitely not a 2 year old ticketing platform, it's the payments solution they were using a year ago and are still using (albeit via a different platform).

Firstly, I’ve not had an email.

Do you think they might have been doing some testing around how they might make refunds and did a batch in production rather than test, or didn’t back out properly.

Has anyone actually had their account credited or was it just an email?

8 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

The club are clearly still preparing a statement that will cover the premature announcement of refunds. I fully believe the email to be genuine as there is no attempt to fraudulently obtain money on that email and the email address itself is valid.  Maybe the key decision makers on explaining the error have not been available today.  

I agree - the email isn't asking for bank details or anything and no link to click on for it to be a scam .... however is strange that would be a refund for just one match (if that's what it works out as)

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Firstly, I’ve not had an email.

Do you think they might have been doing some testing around how they might make refunds and did a batch in production rather than test, or didn’t back out properly.

Has anyone actually had their account credited or was it just an email?

Live data for testing without necessary controls, e.g. select a group of live customers to use their data and give them pre warning?

20 minutes ago, Chessels Chick said:

I agree - the email isn't asking for bank details or anything and no link to click on for it to be a scam .... however is strange that would be a refund for just one match (if that's what it works out as)

It`s probably easier to calculate, just work out the figures based on a few of every category of season ticket multiply that up by the number of each sold and then multiply by five to get a grand total of what a refund would cost the club. It`s eminently sensible to prepare for a refund scenario and have the figures to hand but as usual, City have cocked it up and sent out these e-mails when they shouldn`t have.

They could also be seeing whether giving refunds is a cheaper option than giving all ST holders free access to Robins TV if games are played behind closed doors.

• Admin
52 minutes ago, foghornred said:

NO E_MAIL, and I am a season ticket holder who has paid for next season plus the away game at Blackurn so would think that I would hear something as soon as they know whats happening but nothing so must be a con or error

@foghornred

Did you follow the instructions as per Blackburn refund?   https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/postponement-of-fixtures-faqs/

This email is not in relation to next season

41 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

You have the same email as me that asks you to setup an account to read a secure message, confirming name and email address, choosing a password and answering some security questions?

I can think of few better ways of stealing passwords and security details for people than offering refunds as an inducement to "sign up" and the using those harvested passwords to access their accounts on dozens of other websites.

It might be genuine - in fact quite likely is a **** up not a phishing attempt - but people really need to be a lot more skeptical about this sort of thing. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, S25loyal said:

How can it be 6 hours after the said emails and no update.

Truly laughable at times. 

What is bad is that the only place any communication has come from the club has been the SLOs tweet in Twitter this morning

There must be a large number of City supporters that have had this email that have no idea what is going on - not that anyone appears to actually know

I've just had my email. I won't be getting my knickers in a twist about it though, I'll just wait for some update from the club. 

Some of the overreactions on here are hilarious.

Agree that they really should have put something out by now to either explain what's happening, or say it was an error, but it's certainly nothing to get worked up about.

I've just checked, and last year's season payment ticket was definitely purchased through YesPay, and the reference used in today's email is the same as the reference on the original payment. And the email doesn't ask you to click on anything.

So there's no way this is a scam. Just somebody pressing the wrong button somewhere!

• Admin
5 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I've just had my email. I won't be getting my knickers in a twist about it though, I'll just wait for some update from the club. 

Some of the overreactions on here are hilarious.

Agree that they really should have put something out by now to either explain what's happening, or say it was an error, but it's certainly nothing to get worked up about.

I do understand and agree, but can understand people being concerned about the email being a scam and to some may see it as them being hacked etc

8 minutes ago, Nibor said:

You have the same email as me that asks you to setup an account to read a secure message, confirming name and email address, choosing a password and answering some security questions?

I can think of few better ways of stealing passwords and security details for people than offering refunds as an inducement to "sign up" and the using those harvested passwords to access their accounts on dozens of other websites.

It might be genuine - in fact quite likely is a **** up not a phishing attempt - but people really need to be a lot more skeptical about this sort of thing. 

Sounds like your email may be different. Mine just says here is your receipt for your refund - no action is required and it doesn’t request anything. 

PS if it helps, the email I’ve received is from e-comm@yes-pay.net

7 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I think your email sounds different to what everybody else seems to have received. My email contains no reference to a secure message and doesn't require me to setup an account. 

I've had an email followed by a email from some Nigerian prince saying he's had a refund for his hospitality box purchases that totals £10000. He's out of the country so can't get his hands on it but says if I send him £5000 now then he will give me his details and I can keep the £10000. Seems legit 

8 minutes ago, Nibor said:

That sounds absolutely nothing like the email I have received (see below).

Screenshot_20200427-184705.png

3 minutes ago, eardun said:

Sounds like your email may be different. Mine just says here is your receipt for your refund - no action is required and it doesn’t request anything. 

Quite likely, just had one through for one of the kids which is just a receipt.

The one they sent to me however looks like this:

image.png.9309ed2c484ceccafa54f5e10177203a.png

If you follow the link it takes you to what could very easily be a trap.

• Admin

Just spoke to my mate and he has had the email for £26 odd.  His misses who works for the OB has spoken to the club and were advised very similar to what has been posted, that this is nothing to do with the club and not to give any bank details/passwords etc. as it could be a scam.  This was totally unsolicited by me, as I hadn’t seen this thread and I have no reason to doubt what my friends told me.

I would just advise caution until the club issue some definitive information on this.

I use my work email for our ST's and the AV picked it up, suggesting it's spam.

doesn't look like its' official. On the email I received, I hovered over the sham Bristol sport sender / attachment link and a spoof URL came up which also suggests spam / scam email.

Archived