IGNORED

Season ticket refund?

Thornbury Red

22 minutes ago, Thornbury Red said:

Thinking this through. I'll wager that the club have asked their payment provider about potential season ticket refunds. Provider has done some testing but using a copy of live data (which is a big no no under GDPR) and forgotten to redact email addressess.

Why they can't come out and admit that though? Dunno?

or just give advice on if it was an accidental data leak or maybe advise as it was a phishing thing (so telling people to not respond)  maybe even a (messed up) positive attempt to refund us or in fact anything else .. but they remain steadfastly silent.

like a kid who closes his eyes so that they think they become invisible...

1 hour ago, Thornbury Red said:

Thinking this through. I'll wager that the club have asked their payment provider about potential season ticket refunds. Provider has done some testing but using a copy of live data (which is a big no no under GDPR) and forgotten to redact email addressess.

It is something along those lines etc, I wouldn’t be surprised if they magically don’t mention it again like a lot of things. 

2 hours ago, Thornbury Red said:

Because maybe they don't know yet and are still investigating?  What would you rather have?  The truth, or some knee jerk reaction before they know the truth?

Don't get me wrong, the first thing they should have done was send an e-mail to all season ticket holders advising that they were looking into the issue, but I'd rather they say nothing than lie to us if they are still trying to get to the bottom of it.  With many companies running reduced operations, it's possible that the person they need to speak to to find out what is going on, simply hasn't been available.

Something will be said today.  Jerry won't allow that to not happen.

14 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I use my work email for our ST's and the AV picked it up, suggesting it's spam.

doesn't look like its' official. On the email I received, I hovered over the sham Bristol sport sender / attachment link and a spoof URL came up which also suggests spam / scam email.

My email is from YESpay, and it has definitely come from them, because in my outlook it then gives me the option to open up previous emails from the email address - and all of my previous emails from them are City transactions. It seems to me that as mentioned previously, I think it has been a mock costing per game for each season ticket, and the club have tried to find out how much the total refunds would be if the season has been cancelled. I wouldn't be surprised if they asked Yespay to work out 1/23rd of each season ticket transaction and give them the figure (hence why some have different amounts for same tickets by a penny)? They have then sent them to us just by mistake.

@Nibor I do not have any links whatsoever in mine, all I have is the following with no links whatsoever:

Here's your receipt.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Receipt Number: 1467
Date: 27-04-2020

Orignal Payment Reference #: PGTR1308935xxx
Refund Reference #: PGTR2319709xxx
Invoice #: 455251127xxxxx
Card Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Transaction Type: REFUND
Card Entry Method: KEYED

Buyer: xxxxxxx
Seller: Bristol Sport Limited - Internet
  Ashton Gate Stadium
  Ashton Gate
  Bristol
  BS3 2EJ
  UNITED KINGDOM
  Tel : 01179630600
  [ www.bristol-sport.co.uk ]www.bristol-sport.co.uk
Your Total: 18.57 GBP

Refunded via Worldpay Payments Hub operated by YESpay Using : VISA DEBIT

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will need the Refund reference number for any queries regarding your transaction.

Please print or save this electronic receipt for future reference.

This email was generated as a consequence of an order placed with Bristol Sport Limited - Internet.
Any queries regarding the products or services you have purchased or the status of your order, must be directed to Bristol Sport Limited - Internet.
Please refer to the merchant's web site for the cancellation, return, and refund policies, and terms and conditions applicable to your payment.
Neither Worldpay nor YESpay International Ltd is able to respond to cardholder payment queries.

Please don't respond to this email, this email address can't accept replies.

The card payment authorisation was provided via the merchant's payments acquiring bank and this email sent to you by YESpay International Ltd, a Worldpay group company.
Yespay International Limited is a private limited company incorporated in England & Wales under registered company number 4509853 and whose registered office address is at The Walbrook Building, 25 Walbrook, London, EC4N 8AF. For further corporate information, please see: http://www.worldpay.com/uk

Whether its spam or not its clearly linked to the club ....we all have emails from 'Bristol  sport' and we all have season tickets with 'bristol city's so theres been a big mess up either in the leak of data , a rogue email or we all have a refund on its way to us!

If money arrives in our banks the club will be livid as they'll want all cash available in the current climate. 

I suspect however it's a system error/data problem 

1 hour ago, S25loyal said:

It is something along those lines etc, I wouldn’t be surprised if they magically don’t mention it again like a lot of things. 

The club is run like something out of 1984 these days !

Cotterill airbrushed from history 

Match reports when we lose are quickly pushed down the site and replaced with interviews with the womens team 

Afobes injury bizarrely reported by all other media outlets apart from the club before we confirmed it

When Dasilva got injured for the best part of 6 months it was barely mentioned too 

The furloughing /wage cut article implying 'all staff' had taken a wage cut when in fact it was just non playing staff . (Players 3 month deferral) . Cant remember if it even mentioned furloughing. 

The fear for some people is that if the club don't know what it is, and are saying to callers 'it isn't us, don't click on it' (as people were saying yesterday), they'll end up cancelling their debit cards as they are worried, and most places at the moment don't want to be handling cash.

36 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Because maybe they don't know yet and are still investigating?  What would you rather have?  The truth, or some knee jerk reaction before they know the truth?

Don't get me wrong, the first thing they should have done was send an e-mail to all season ticket holders advising that they were looking into the issue, but I'd rather they say nothing than lie to us if they are still trying to get to the bottom of it.  With many companies running reduced operations, it's possible that the person they need to speak to to find out what is going on, simply hasn't been available.

Something will be said today.  Jerry won't allow that to not happen.

Jerry is a reliable bloke. He’s clearly not been told anything about this. 
The competence of everyone else at the club is very much questionable. 
If anything would’ve been agreed regarding a refund, then John Lansdown would be aware - he’d surely have given it the green light. 
All John needs to do is contact Jerry and say either “yes Jerry, we are looking at issuing refunds” or “no Jerry, we haven’t had any conversations about this”. 

The fact the SLO has been left in the dark, and 24 hours after it was raised with him he still hasn’t been authorised to say anything, tells you a lot about those that are in charge! 

51 minutes ago, Harry said:

If anything would’ve been agreed regarding a refund, then John Lansdown would be aware - he’d surely have given it the green light. 
All John needs to do is contact Jerry and say either “yes Jerry, we are looking at issuing refunds” or “no Jerry, we haven’t had any conversations about this”. 

The fact the SLO has been left in the dark, and 24 hours after it was raised with him he still hasn’t been authorised to say anything, tells you a lot about those that are in charge! 

What is even more concerning, it’s now 24 hours since what could be a security breach with no updates at all. 

that’s awful, people could be seriously concerned about their privacy and details being hacked and Bristol Sport are hiding behind their normal wall of silence.  

3 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

What is even more concerning, it’s now 24 hours since what could be a security breach with no updates at all. 

that’s awful, people could be seriously concerned about their privacy and details being hacked and Bristol Sport are hiding behind their normal wall of silence.  

That’s exactly what I was alluding to. 
John Lansdown must know one way or the other whether they did or did not authorise refunds. 
Why it takes over a day to clarify this says a lot. 

3 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

Just about to post exactly the same thought.

It's either a cock up or it's a serious data breach; one of the two.

If it's genuine then it's pretty clear it was a mistake - no-one seems to know anything about it.

If it's a "scam" then it's not some Nigerian prince who's bought a load of random email addresses from somewhere. It's email addresses of people who are City season ticket holders, and it includes credit card details, names, amounts paid and so on. Whether that's held by someone who's got nothing to do with the club, or someone who has/had access to certain bits of City's systems at some time, then it's a data breach of significant proportions - and one of the things the information Commissioner is very clear about is that when there's a data breach you're meant to alert those affected as quickly as possible.

59 minutes ago, Harry said:

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

John Lansdown must know one way or the other whether they did or did not authorise refunds. 

My fear is I wouldn't even be surprised if JL even knows about it unless a supporter has contacted him direct. I just get the impression many issues that do/have happened just do not make it to the top of the club (like many businesses). I know that is what managers are for, but it is the club and owners who end up being perceived as non communicative to fans (paying customers).

Anyone within the club with any sense, would contact Worldpay straight away and find out what has happened and put some sort of statement out as soon as they were aware of the problem. It really isn't that hard to deal with.

24 minutes ago, Harry said:

As it’s clear it’s a cock up, and Bristol sport do not admit to cock ups.

If they hide behind their wall of silence long enough they hope it will go away. 

Its obvious it’s not a scam, or a hack. The club were clearly testing if they could refund people per game and how much a per game refund was. A scam wouldn’t work out the exact money per game of a 23 game season, with no phishing attempt and no attempt to ask for card details. 

Why they haven’t come out to admit it is utterly beyond me, I’ll actually be amazed if they release any statement at all. 

16 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

If they hide behind their wall of silence long enough they hope it will go away. 

Its obvious it’s not a scam, or a hack. The club were clearly testing if they could refund people per game and how much a per game refund was. A scam wouldn’t work out the exact money per game of a 23 game season, with no phishing attempt and no attempt to ask for card details. 

Why they haven’t come out to admit it is utterly beyond me, I’ll actually be amazed if they release any statement at all. 

Agree with your interpretation. But surely when 15000 people fail to get refunds they've been told are on their way then they'll have to say something!

43 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

Might well be a test, but you can't use live data in a test environment, it should be obfuscated. Unless of course you agreed for you data to be used in test.

42 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Agree with your interpretation. But surely when 15000 people fail to get refunds they've been told are on their way then they'll have to say something!

Especially if/when everyone starts contacting yes-pay asking where their refund is!

43 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Might well be a test, but you can't use live data in a test environment, it should be obfuscated. Unless of course you agreed for you data to be used in test.

Yes you are completely right, but this is Bristol sport we are talking  about. 

5 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

Yes you are completely right, but this is Bristol sport we are talking  about. 

Who have already dropped the ball once in the last 12 months (I think) with some sort of data cockup.

Given you only get 72 hours to report anything to the CIO if there is an issue, the silence is deafening.

1 hour ago, S25loyal said:

The Donald Trump of world football. 

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 13:39, CodeRed said:

I would expect the amount to be shown on my online credit card statement as "pending transaction" even if not yet actually credited - but it's not.  For example I bought something at 12 o'clock today using that card from Amazon and it's already showing on my online acc as "pending". But nothing about Bristol Sport or the amount quoted in the refund email.

So don't go spending it just yet guys!

I've just received a refund, on my Credit Card, from an Hotel Break that was cancelled. The first I knew of the transaction was when it appeared in my account. Was never shown as pending. I don't think refunds do, only payments you're making. Lets just keep our fingers crossed that the refunds are back in our account ASAP.

43 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

I am sure if someone contacted the local press and mentioned the email, the club would give an explanation quite quickly.

The Post are aware and mentioned it on their live blog yesterday... their interest though is not going to be aided by Gregor being furloughed.

There has been considerable chatter across City Twitter and Facebook concerning the emails supporters have received today regarding a “refund transaction”.

The email contains a link with an apparent refund from “Bristol Sport Ltd - Internet”, and is, at the very least, curious, given no money has been deposited.

City SLO Jerry Tocknell tweeted earlier today: “We are aware that several people have received refunds today that they weren’t expecting. We are investigating and when I know what’s happened I put out a tweet.

“Reference my previous tweet please don’t click on any links you get on the emails about refunds received today until this has been investigated .”

It’s understood that the email is NOT of a fraudulent nature. However, it has not been sent directly from City or Bristol Sport but a third party they use for ticketing purposes.

A statement clarifying the matter is expected. So, basically, don’t panic.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-news-transfers-live-4081058

Rang the club earlier this morning. 

It's not a scam but an issue with the payment service provider they said.

The club are investigating but as of yet dont know what happend. 

When they know they said they will communicate with those affected.

Said they'd had many calls from people concerned because emails have personal data on.

Archived