IGNORED

Season ticket refund?

Thornbury Red

6 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Rang the club earlier this morning. 

It's not a scam but an issue with the payment service provider they said.

The club are investigating but as of yet dont know what happend. 

When they know they said they will communicate with those affected.

Said they'd had many calls from people concerned because emails have personal data on.

Not concerned enough to put people's mind at ease though.

• Admin
31 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Rang the club earlier this morning. 

It's not a scam but an issue with the payment service provider they said.

The club are investigating but as of yet dont know what happend. 

When they know they said they will communicate with those affected.

Said they'd had many calls from people concerned because emails have personal data on.

This isn't picking fault with you @The Humble Realist but what you have written is exactly what the club should have made 

46 minutes ago, phantom said:

This isn't picking fault with you @The Humble Realist but what you have written is exactly what the club should have made 

It's also very hard to believe.

Worldpay are just the payment processor - they don't administrate the transaction. The only way they would be able to refund an amount that is specifically calculated as £X (being initial payment) / 23 games is if someone at the club has fed that information into the system.

Seems like the only plausible explanation is that the club were testing processes for if they need to issue refunds en masse and someone ballsed it up.

6 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

How many home games were left after Fulham? The fixtures have been deleted off the OS

From memory we had the following left, all postponed of course:

March 2020

Sheffield Wednesday

April 2020

Cardiff 

Hull

Stoke

May 2020

Preston

Think we had 5 left though there could be one I've missed.

Anyway, I'll go with 5!

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

From memory we had the following left, all postponed of course:

March 2020

Sheffield Wednesday

April 2020

Cardiff 

Hull

Stoke

May 2020

Preston

Think we had 5 left though there could be one I've missed.

Anyway, I'll go with 5!

It is 5.

• SC&T Board Members
58 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It's also very hard to believe.

Worldpay are just the payment processor - they don't administrate the transaction. The only way they would be able to refund an amount that is specifically calculated as £X (being initial payment) / 23 games is if someone at the club has fed that information into the system.

Seems like the only plausible explanation is that the club were testing processes for if they need to issue refunds en masse and someone ballsed it up.

Agreed. The fact that Worldpay handle all ticket transactions and only those relating to 2019/20 season tickets seem to have been involved in this and then also that the amounts have been divided by 23 does suggest that someone who understood that there may be a requirement in due course to offer pro rata season ticket refunds has had a hand in this.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Agreed. The fact that Worldpay handle all ticket transactions and only those relating to 2019/20 season tickets seem to have been involved in this and then also that the amounts have been divided by 23 does suggest that someone who understood that there may be a requirement in due course to offer pro rata season ticket refunds has had a hand in this.

Are there any discussions for the SC&T to get involved @Blagdon red?

• SC&T Board Members
5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Are there any discussions for the SC&T to get involved @Blagdon red?

We've asked for clarification from @JerrySLO (yesterday) and top management at AGL/BS (early this morning). So far we've heard nothing more than what Jerry has said via Twitter, i.e. we don't know what happened and are investigating.

On 27/04/2020 at 12:45, Vincent Vega said:

Does seem a little odd. Why would they even have a plan in place without a decision. Doesn't bode well does it.

But surely a decision means nothing as your'e already out of pocket because of games not played so therefore a refund is reasonable. Lets not make a conspiracy out of it just yet.

14 minutes ago, BigTone said:

But surely a decision means nothing as your'e already out of pocket because of games not played so therefore a refund is reasonable. Lets not make a conspiracy out of it just yet.

This doesn't even make my top 10 of conspiracy theories at the moment Tone.

A response:

Dear

Firstly I would like to reassure you that the ticketing refund email you received yesterday from Yes-Pay/World-Pay is not the result of any data breach or fraudulent activity/phishing scam. 

Following an initial investigation, our ticketing partner has confirmed it was the result of scenarios they were running with their background systems, which in turn issued a batch of refund emails to be generated from the Yes-Pay/World-Pay platforms to a number of our supporters.

The automatically generated email should not have been issued but please be assured that your data has not been compromised in any way. The email was from our official partner, under our Privacy Policy, and issued to you because you had opted in to have notification of receipts. Our ticketing partner has apologised for any inconvenience caused, as of course do we.

We are aware that a small number of you have received a nominal refund, which was issued in error. As a result of this we will not be asking for you to return this. 

If you have any further queries on the matter please contact supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk

Best wishes,

Mark Kelly

3 minutes ago, wood_red said:

A response:

Dear

Firstly I would like to reassure you that the ticketing refund email you received yesterday from Yes-Pay/World-Pay is not the result of any data breach or fraudulent activity/phishing scam. 

Following an initial investigation, our ticketing partner has confirmed it was the result of scenarios they were running with their background systems, which in turn issued a batch of refund emails to be generated from the Yes-Pay/World-Pay platforms to a number of our supporters.

The automatically generated email should not have been issued but please be assured that your data has not been compromised in any way. The email was from our official partner, under our Privacy Policy, and issued to you because you had opted in to have notification of receipts. Our ticketing partner has apologised for any inconvenience caused, as of course do we.

We are aware that a small number of you have received a nominal refund, which was issued in error. As a result of this we will not be asking for you to return this. 

If you have any further queries on the matter please contact supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk

Best wishes,

Mark Kelly

Not before time, but at least they've now done it. Mystery resolved.

5 minutes ago, wood_red said:

A response:

Dear

Best wishes,

Mark Kelly

.... and we have reported this to CIO...

If they were using your data in test then it has been compromised.

Bristol%20Sport%20Header%20email.jpg

Best wishes,

Mark Kelly

Director, Bristol Sport Ltd.

The wording is a bit hard to follow, but it was the ticketing partner not the payments company (you know - the ticketing partner we pay £1 per ticket booking to pay for the cost of their amazing technology and professionalism). Side question - why would the ticket company be independently running scenarios, surely it would be under instruction from the club and it's a bit feeble (political) not to admit to that.

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

.... and we have reported this to CIO...

If they were using your data in test then it has been compromised.

Almost certainly not - you will probably find that buried in the Ts & Cs you have agreed to a very wide use of data including testing so it will be ok on the basis of consent or failing that necessity.

Yes it's a good idea to obfuscate it but it's not a requirement.

13 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Almost certainly not - you will probably find that buried in the Ts & Cs you have agreed to a very wide use of data including testing so it will be ok on the basis of consent or failing that necessity.

Yes it's a good idea to obfuscate it but it's not a requirement.

Not sure the GDPR laws would allow that. 

2 minutes ago, James54De said:

Not sure the GDPR laws would allow that. 

They do.  They are far less restrictive than the hype would have you believe.  As long as you have a valid legal basis and you're fulfilling your duties you're fine in the main.

I wasn’t too miffed about the strange email I received, but now I am. Apparently some people have actually received a small refund which they can keep. You lucky so-and-sos, your life has been transformed by this windfall. Is this a conspiratory? 

10 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I wasn’t too miffed about the strange email I received, but now I am. Apparently some people have actually received a small refund which they can keep. You lucky so-and-sos, your life has been transformed by this windfall. Is this a conspiratory? 

Yes, we should be compensated for not receiving a refund...

Archived