Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Season ticket refund?


Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, Olé said:

The wording is a bit hard to follow, but it was the ticketing partner not the payments company (you know - the ticketing partner we pay £1 per ticket booking to pay for the cost of their amazing technology and professionalism). Side question - why would the ticket company be independently running scenarios, surely it would be under instruction from the club and it's a bit feeble (political) not to admit to that.

Some other manager throwing someone under the bus ? :laughcont:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nibor said:

Almost certainly not - you will probably find that buried in the Ts & Cs you have agreed to a very wide use of data including testing so it will be ok on the basis of consent or failing that necessity.

Yes it's a good idea to obfuscate it but it's not a requirement.

If you're referring to payment data, then there is a need to obfuscate.

As @BRISTOL86 says, the most plausible explanation is that the ticketing operator was carrying out some tests and accidentally sent a payment request into Wordplay's live environment, triggering the payments. But I see nothing here to suggest that Wordpay's storage of our payment details has been compromised.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Olé said:

The wording is a bit hard to follow, but it was the ticketing partner not the payments company (you know - the ticketing partner we pay £1 per ticket booking to pay for the cost of their amazing technology and professionalism). Side question - why would the ticket company be independently running scenarios, surely it would be under instruction from the club and it's a bit feeble (political) not to admit to that.

Spot on mate. 
There’s no way in the world this company would’ve done this without BCFC knowing they were doing it. 
They can run whatever tests they want, but if they’re using BCFC data then BCFC would’ve been aware. 
Sometimes you just wish people would fess up and acknowledge the problem. Makes them look slimy by not being honest. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Harry said:

Spot on mate. 
There’s no way in the world this company would’ve done this without BCFC knowing they were doing it. 
They can run whatever tests they want, but if they’re using BCFC data then BCFC would’ve been aware. 
Sometimes you just wish people would fess up and acknowledge the problem. Makes them look slimy by not being honest. 

Makes them look like the government !

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harry said:

Spot on mate. 
There’s no way in the world this company would’ve done this without BCFC knowing they were doing it. 
They can run whatever tests they want, but if they’re using BCFC data then BCFC would’ve been aware. 
Sometimes you just wish people would fess up and acknowledge the problem. Makes them look slimy by not being honest. 

Does any person, company , government or superior extra terrestrial being ever fess up? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scrumpty said:

If you're referring to payment data, then there is a need to obfuscate.

As @BRISTOL86 says, the most plausible explanation is that the ticketing operator was carrying out some tests and accidentally sent a payment request into Wordplay's live environment, triggering the payments. But I see nothing here to suggest that Wordpay's storage of our payment details has been compromised.

That's not a GDPR thing it's a PCI-DSS thing - very few businesses need to keep or test with actual card details, mostly they are tokenized at somewhere like Worldpay and only the tokens are retained and dummy cards are used for testing.

All I'm saying is that most of the time you give data to a business you are alongside that agreeing that they can do all sorts of things with the data.  It's worth glancing at the terms because sometimes they are awful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nibor said:

That's not a GDPR thing it's a PCI-DSS thing - very few businesses need to keep or test with actual card details, mostly they are tokenized at somewhere like Worldpay and only the tokens are retained and dummy cards are used for testing.

All I'm saying is that most of the time you give data to a business you are alongside that agreeing that they can do all sorts of things with the data.  It's worth glancing at the terms because sometimes they are awful.

Agreed, it's a PCI DSS thing, so there's no way our PAN data was held 'in the clear'. Hence, I don't think there's anything to worry about here - looks like a testing faux pas to me!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Scrumpty said:

Agreed, it's a PCI DSS thing, so there's no way our PAN data was held 'in the clear'. Hence, I don't think there's anything to worry about here - looks like a testing faux pas to me!

Geeking out about the fact there are clearly some City fans who work in the same line of business as me 🤓

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the South Stand & I've had the £15.43 too. I thought it was a scam too.

Oh well, with so many getting the same email look on the bright side, over at tent city many will miss out as it doesn't count on duplicate tickets passed through the fence. Still I would expect a few of the window licker's finest to complain though.

I'm in the South Stand & I've had the £15.43 too. I thought it was a scam too.

Oh well, with so many getting the same email look on the bright side, over at tent city many will miss out as it doesn't count on duplicate tickets passed through the fence. Still I would expect a few of the window licker's finest to complain though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Swede said:

I'm in the South Stand & I've had the £15.43 too. I thought it was a scam too.

Oh well, with so many getting the same email look on the bright side, over at tent city many will miss out as it doesn't count on duplicate tickets passed through the fence. Still I would expect a few of the window licker's finest to complain though.

I'm in the South Stand & I've had the £15.43 too. I thought it was a scam too.

Oh well, with so many getting the same email look on the bright side, over at tent city many will miss out as it doesn't count on duplicate tickets passed through the fence. Still I would expect a few of the window licker's finest to complain though.

You can say that again

  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Swede said:

I'm in the South Stand & I've had the £15.43 too. I thought it was a scam too.

Oh well, with so many getting the same email look on the bright side, over at tent city many will miss out as it doesn't count on duplicate tickets passed through the fence. Still I would expect a few of the window licker's finest to complain though.

I'm in the South Stand & I've had the £15.43 too. I thought it was a scam too.

Oh well, with so many getting the same email look on the bright side, over at tent city many will miss out as it doesn't count on duplicate tickets passed through the fence. Still I would expect a few of the window licker's finest to complain though.

Must live in New York.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Swede said:

I'm in the South Stand & I've had the £15.43 too. I thought it was a scam too.

Oh well, with so many getting the same email look on the bright side, over at tent city many will miss out as it doesn't count on duplicate tickets passed through the fence. Still I would expect a few of the window licker's finest to complain though.

I'm in the South Stand & I've had the £15.43 too. I thought it was a scam too.

Oh well, with so many getting the same email look on the bright side, over at tent city many will miss out as it doesn't count on duplicate tickets passed through the fence. Still I would expect a few of the window licker's finest to complain though.

So, you've had £30.86?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can beat all of you. I haven`t had an e-mail promising me a paltry £15.43 from the club, I`ve had one from a reputable Nigerian solicitor promising me ten million pounds. I`ve e-mailed him my bank account details so he can deposit the money tomorrow.

Beat that losers! A box in the Lansdown for me from now on!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I can beat all of you. I haven`t had an e-mail promising me a paltry £15.43 from the club, I`ve had one from a reputable Nigerian solicitor promising me ten million pounds. I`ve e-mailed him my bank account details so he can deposit the money tomorrow.

Beat that losers! A box in the Lansdown for me from now on!

Only you could fall for a scam by BCFC...

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I can beat all of you. I haven`t had an e-mail promising me a paltry £15.43 from the club, I`ve had one from a reputable Nigerian solicitor promising me ten million pounds. I`ve e-mailed him my bank account details so he can deposit the money tomorrow.

Beat that losers! A box in the Lansdown for me from now on!

So jealous! 😉

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...