IGNORED

Michael Robinson RIP

Lanterne Rouge

• Admin
21 minutes ago, 77 punk said:

he was a good player i did not realise he only played one season for liverpool ,he moved to spain in the late eighties and was a pundit for thirty years and has cyderinacan has just posted the whole country loved his football commentary

This makes sense why I recognised his name and face but couldn't place him ever playing for Liverpool

Either way, always a sad day when anyone passes, may be RIP

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

His passing is being reported with a real sense of loss and reverence in Spain. RIP. 

It is. He became a real institution over there. I`m trying to think of a similar equivalent over here and can only really come up with one from cricket when Bob Willis passed away recently.

24 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It is. He became a real institution over there. I`m trying to think of a similar equivalent over here and can only really come up with one from cricket when Bob Willis passed away recently.

Wouldn't Richie Benaud would be more appropriate?

Richie was definitely English and most certainly not Australian despite the fact he wasn't born over here or play for us! 

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

His passing is being reported with a real sense of loss and reverence in Spain. RIP. 

When you see that Rafa Nadal has tweeted about him you know how popular in Spain he was.

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

Lovely article here by the fantastic Sid Lowe:

Michael Robinson, from European Cup winner to the voice of Spanish TV

It is a lovely tribute to a man, who it doesn`t seem had an enemy in the world or a malicious bone in his body.

I`d forgotten too that he played in the only FA Cup Final I actually attended - Brighton v Man Utd in 1983.

Archived