IGNORED

Under the cosh Andy Johnson

yardy

Under the cosh is a podcast with ex footballers, i think it has been mentioned on here because Wilbs is on one and very enjoyable too.

I watched the Andy Johnson one last night and straight a way i picked up his Bristolian accent which surprised me, Johnson was a midfielder who played for Norwich, Forest, WBA and Wales.

At the end of this podcast he revealed he was a gas head and was desperate to join them towards the end of his career but Lennie Lawrence put a stop to it.

It is a really enjoyable podcast and Johnson has some funny stories to tell and most are about drinking, seems as he was a bit of a lad and a big drinking culture at every club he has been.

Has anyone else seen this podcast? Did anyone know he was Bristolian? 

Edit : link to this podcast 

43 minutes ago, yardy said:

Under the cosh is a podcast with ex footballers, i think it has been mentioned on here because Wilbs is on one and very enjoyable too.

I watched the Andy Johnson one last night and straight a way i picked up his Bristolian accent which surprised me, Johnson was a midfielder who played for Norwich, Forest, WBA and Wales.

At the end of this podcast he revealed he was a gas head and was desperate to join them towards the end of his career but Lennie Lawrence put a stop to it.

It is a really enjoyable podcast and Johnson has some funny stories to tell and most are about drinking, seems as he was a bit of a lad and a big drinking culture at every club he has been.

Has anyone else seen this podcast? Did anyone know he was Bristolian? 

Edit : link to this podcast 

Have you listened to the Clarke Carlisle ones ?

3 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Have you listened to the Clarke Carlisle ones ?

No i don't think so although i have seen him interviewed a few times about his career and troubles, i will watch it soon for sure.

I actually forced myself to watch the Dean Windass one, yes i know i feel bad but it was actually pretty decent and didn't mention that goal much......thank god.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, he’s the brother of a mate, Dave Johnson, who played locally for Frys, DRG, etc.

Dave used to run a Sunday side I played in, and Andy used to come along and watch.  He seemed quite a grounded lad.  Both are gasheads.

Grounded lad and gashead....that's a rare statement mate !!!??

6 minutes ago, yardy said:

No i don't think so although i have seen him interviewed a few times about his career and troubles, i will watch it soon for sure.

I actually forced myself to watch the Dean Windass one, yes i know i feel bad but it was actually pretty decent and didn't mention that goal much......thank god.

Eye opener for me. A really good insight into depression in the game. Give it a go it's in 2 parts

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, he’s the brother of a mate, Dave Johnson, who played locally for Frys, DRG, etc.

Dave used to run a Sunday side I played in, and Andy used to come along and watch.  He seemed quite a grounded lad.  Both are gasheads.

How long before he appears on their list of famuzz gasheads?

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Had me laughing out loud a few times, funny guy that would be great to have a few beers with.

I remember him being a decent footballer and was surprised to hear that he drank heavily throughout his career.

What he said about being 'welsh' and playing for them is funny.

Archived