IGNORED

Last day of the season...

25 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Nope, me too. It`s my birthday tomorrow and I was planning on going up to the Gate for the PNE game (and hopefully getting in the playoffs) and then a do down the pub in the evening.

I`ll be staying in trying to avoid watching Ant and ******* Dec now.

I always avoid watching them…they used to be funny on SM:TV Live.

A season emasculated! What was shaping up nicely has been almost instantly obliterated. The intervening time has really whizzed by - emphasising how much my world is measured out by football. I am timeless  without it.

10 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Nope, me too. It`s my birthday tomorrow and I was planning on going up to the Gate for the PNE game (and hopefully getting in the playoffs) and then a do down the pub in the evening.

Happy birthday 

8 hours ago, Erithacus said:

A season emasculated! What was shaping up nicely has been almost instantly obliterated. The intervening time has really whizzed by - emphasising how much my world is measured out by football. I am timeless  without it.

What was shaping up nicely?

We had slipped to seventh and if I’m honest I feel we we’re going to finish somewhere between 9th-12th.

12 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Have a great day anyway

11 hours ago, 054123 said:

What was shaping up nicely?

We had slipped to seventh and if I’m honest I feel we we’re going to finish somewhere between 9th-12th.

But we had signed Nahki Wells and had Benik Afobe to come back, personally I was quietly confident we would sneak into the playoffs.

If the decision is decided not to end the season, but simply write it off then for next season the EFL could follow precedent.

The 1939 - 40 season lasted just three games and was abandoned. When the League resumed after the war, the first season used the same fixture list as the 39/40 season had been.

Archived