IGNORED

Tenuous claims to fame

MrBibs

Non football related one, but Mrs F was in Beverley Hills visiting a friend when this old guy came up to her and asked her where Bank of America was. She told him he was right by it, and off he walked.  Mrs F’s friend came out of a shop and said “what were you doing talking to Charlton Heston”!  Mrs F had no idea.

The next time she saw him was as a waxwork.E39AD4E7-7F6E-482D-A120-2428BF692111.thumb.jpeg.1000c53bcb40ff4352ca6892d48e36b2.jpeg

21 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Played against Gary Megson when his father Don was Gas manager. I think it was an under 16's game and they were called Parkway. Anyway I made sure I kicked him.

Went out with John Atyeos neice when I was at school.

As a kid I played in a sandpit with Gary Megson while his dad played in a celeb charity cricket match in Stoke Bishop....(only other celeb there i can remember was Precious McKenzie....)

I went to school with Steve Phillips, he was in the year below. We lived in the same village played footy at the local park and in his back yard.

Still remember the save he made when we played at St Johns as a 9 year old, you could tell then he was going to be decent.

17 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I was in the Yugotours holiday brochure, in the swimming pool with a plastic bag on my head

I was in some TV ads, a building show on Discovery and in a film with Cate Blanchett & Colin Farrell.

Football wise ...... not alot

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Non football related one, but Mrs F was in Beverley Hills visiting a friend when this old guy came up to her and asked her where Bank of America was. She told him he was right by it, and off he walked.  Mrs F’s friend came out of a shop and said “what were you doing talking to Charlton Heston”!  Mrs F had no idea.

The next time she saw him was as a waxwork.E39AD4E7-7F6E-482D-A120-2428BF692111.thumb.jpeg.1000c53bcb40ff4352ca6892d48e36b2.jpeg

My God banks turn people into waxworks.

:shocking:

19 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Chris Honor was my ex boss and we didn’t talk about football once

I bought an office water dispenser off him and also was in the same team as him in 6 a side cricket at the County Ground for a Rob Newman testimonial thing.

Break times at junior school consisted of me, Keith Curle plus one other, take on the rest of the class (We always won)

Been on the piss in Newcastle with Dennis Smith & Paul Bracewell (Very strange night that was)

Known lots of lower league footballers well and through them have ended up drinking with 'bigger' names. John Aldridge and Mark Wright (likes a fight) spring to mind.

3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I bought an office water dispenser off him and also was in the same team as him in 6 a side cricket at the County Ground for a Rob Newman testimonial thing.

Break times at junior school consisted of me, Keith Curle plus one other, take on the rest of the class (We always won)

Been on the piss in Newcastle with Dennis Smith & Paul Bracewell (Very strange night that was)

Known lots of lower league footballers well and through them have ended up drinking with 'bigger' names. John Aldridge and Mark Wright (likes a fight) spring to mind.

I was sat 2 rows behind Aldridge on the 3rd day of the 3rd test at Old Trafford a few years back.

He made a pint last pretty much all day.

1. Keith Fear was 2 years ahead of me at school

2. I was in the same pub as Bobby Gould - The Bell, Redcliff (closed)

3. I was in the same pub as John Ward - The Sussex, Streatham (closed) after Wolves last game of the season at Palace

4. I may live on the same planet as Messi

I used to know Donnie Gillies when he worked as a salesman for Arthur David at Bishop Sutton. Years ago knew his late wife Anne, who worked for Chris Crowe in his estate agency on Red Lion Hill. Knowle. Knew Jantzen Derrick when he worked at Hodge and Co in Queen Square. Also used to have physio from Les Bardsley at his clinic in Greenhill Grove. Ashton.

57 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I was sat 2 rows behind Aldridge on the 3rd day of the 3rd test at Old Trafford a few years back.

He made a pint last pretty much all day.

I always disliked Aldridge after he ruffled Brian Laws hair when he scored an own goal in the replayed Hillsborough semi final, but he came across as a really nice bloke when I met him.

5 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I always disliked Aldridge after he ruffled Brian Laws hair when he scored an own goal in the replayed Hillsborough semi final, but he came across as a really nice bloke when I met him.

Funny that Miah, I went right off him too after he did that - it was so unnecessary.

Archived