IGNORED

What do you drink in lock down.

City oz

I have been closely monitoring the updates on SKY UK news at home in OZ. Looking on OTIB every few days and I have got to admit that are have been some very great posts and heaps that have made me laugh out loud.

when i was back in the UK last November I remember always stocking up on beer and wine from the local ASDA. Going to a pub at least once a day as the English pub is the best comforting and social thing you can do when you get chance to get back to the UK.

with your lock down are you getting plenty of supplies of beer etc from your local supermarkets and what are you purchasing. ? Stupid question “are you missing the pubs” i bet you all are.

Have the supermarkets raised the pricing of beers/wines/spirits and is there a limit on what you can purchase.

In Western Australia there were some local restrictions of 1 x carton of beer and 2 x bottles of wine per day. Being a carton of beer being 24 cans x 375mm wow the problem I have is drinking the bloody stuff.

Delivery of draught beer once a week from the local small independent brewery - they do 5L, 10L, and 20 litre  boxes but I can't say which size I order!

I can actually get a home delivery from 3 different breweries that will deliver to my postcode, none of these previously did delivery but small companies are finding a way to survive and keep customers hydrated!

1 hour ago, City oz said:

In Western Australia there were some local restrictions of 1 x carton of beer and 2 x bottles of wine per day. Being a carton of beer being 24 cans x 375mm wow the problem I have is drinking the bloody stuff.

No restrictions here but definitely finding it easier to buy boxes of wine rather than bottles nowadays! Cheers :drunk2:

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

No restrictions here but definitely finding it easier to buy boxes of wine rather than bottles nowadays! Cheers :drunk2:

Cheers, I’m drinking the box red wine and while watching pre recorded football on BE IN SPORTS. Mainly though Arsenal and Liverpool historic continual re-runs. Championship Highlightes from Feb are also having a re-run and I have watched all my city recorded live ones that were on live in OZ. They are the ones that are on SKY Friday nights, early starts on Saturdays or the Sunday

4 minutes ago, City oz said:

Cheers, I’m drinking the box red wine and while watching pre recorded football on BE IN SPORTS. Mainly though Arsenal and Liverpool historic continual re-runs. Championship Highlightes from Feb are also having a re-run and I have watched all my city recorded live ones that were on live in OZ. They are the ones that are on SKY Friday nights, early starts on Saturdays or the Sunday

Capital letters obviously A THING in OZ?

Hahahaha. Doing on my I PAD WITH ONE EYE. It’s 4.30 pm and have had five beers and six glasses of wine while watching the roast pork in the BBQ Webber. Social distancing is good as i dont have to share my tucker and grog with the neighbors looking over the fence.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Boxes are definitely the way to go.

1. Fewer trips and easier to transport

2. Many shops restrict you to 3 of the same item. 3 boxes is within the rules

3. You can recycle the cardboard more easily, so people won’t judge you by your recycling box.

4 hours ago, City oz said:

with your lock down are you getting plenty of supplies of beer etc from your local supermarkets and what are you purchasing. ? Stupid question “are you missing the pubs” i bet you all are.

Only enjoy drinking in pubs (and perhaps parties, but never get invited to any) so haven't had a drop since my last session in the Nova in early March.

Can't wait for it to be safe enough for pubs to reopen, just hope the vast majority survive. :pray:

2 hours ago, Ring said:

3. You can recycle the cardboard more easily, so people won’t judge you by your recycling box.

Mine was shamefully overflowing for all to see -  until I switched to the box delivery?

Oddly, after a week or two of treating every night like a Thursday (you can busk through a Friday with a cloudy head), my booze in take has fallen off a cliff.

Last weekend I had a couple on the Friday and didn't touch a drop for 3 or 4 days, During the week I have somewhere between one and two cans.

Before lockdown, I would be in the pub pretty much every evening for an hour or two.

I've started up my homebrew again; first of the year.

It's only from kits but I am still brewing.  Plus given the water comes out of the tap and that's 95% of the weight of beer I was easily able to carry 240 "pints" back to the car yesterday.

Positives are:

35p a pint (all in - kit, sugar, steriliser)

the women on the tills at the supermarket aren't mentally labelling you an alcoholic when you make your fifth beer run of the week

Very little waste - I've been reusing the same bottles for years

As long as you have the space it is really easy and this is a good time to have a go at a new hobby or restart an old one.

If anyone thinks it's too much faff have a go at "turbo cider" - several vids on YouTube.

Remember minimum alcohol pricing is already in place in Scotland and coming in Wales. We're next.

2 hours ago, Ring said:

Spot on Ringpiece. Spot on. 

I can honestly say I haven't touched a drop since lockdown started. No reason, just haven't bothered.

How pissed am I going to get when we ARE out of lockdown.

Flavoured water and peach tea is what I have been drinking.

I need to have a word with myself as there is a crate of gold in the fridge! ?

4 hours ago, City oz said:

Hahahaha. Doing on my I PAD WITH ONE EYE. It’s 4.30 pm and have had five beers and six glasses of wine while watching the roast pork in the BBQ Webber. Social distancing is good as i dont have to share my tucker and grog with the neighbors looking over the fence.

Fair Dinkum ? Have a go ya mug and may your chooks turn into Emu's and kick your shithouse down.

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I can honestly say I haven't touched a drop since lockdown started. No reason, just haven't bothered.

How pissed am I going to get when we ARE out of lockdown.

Flavoured water and peach tea is what I have been drinking.

I need to have a word with myself as there is a crate of gold in the fridge! ?

Sorry Son but Mum found it

I get Holsten Pils from Co-OP. 

I also get my beer from Lost and Grounded brewery.  Keller.  All the cool cats , and other ones they do. 

Those were the days on a Friday after work , on the way home, have a pint of Keller's,  at Lost and Grounded,  and stock up the beer for the weekend. 

Archived