IGNORED

The pain when City never turned up.

Alan Dicks

That Brighton play-off final is the worst for me. We were just completely inept that game. 

The play-off defeat by Hull was a sickener, but I don’t think it was a case of us not turning up - it was just one of those tight, cagey games that didn’t go our way. 

The defeat by Mansfield at Wembley was another one where we didn’t play particularly well. 

And yes, more recently that final home game vs Brum - I really wanted to send them down that day but we just never go going. 

5 minutes ago, Offside said:

That Brighton play-off final is the worst for me. We were just completely inept that game. 

The play-off defeat by Hull was a sickener, but I don’t think it was a case of us not turning up - it was just one of those tight, cagey games that didn’t go our way. 

The defeat by Mansfield at Wembley was another one where we didn’t play particularly well. 

And yes, more recently that final home game vs Brum - I really wanted to send them down that day but we just never go going. 

Yeah the Hull game we did try and have ago. Could've went either way. Quite a enjoyable game apart from the result 

Brighton was just awful and didn't show up 

On 02/05/2020 at 22:14, Club and Country said:

That Blackpool game, remember it and was there but rarely gets mentioned, in some temporary away stand on side of pitch that was literally falling apart, were we not 3-0 down at half time or something?

A beautiful, sunny day in Blackpool was spoiled because BCFC refused to have a have a defence like a rock. A rock with Blackpool written inside was what the team chose.

IIRC, the away tickets were sold prior to a penultimate game for one of the other contenders in the promotion race. They had won midweek making our game meaningless anyway. At least we only had to drive back to Stoke afterwards.

On 02/05/2020 at 18:30, Alan Dicks said:

Here’s my pain level over the past 30 years.

1 Screwing up the title at Twerton

2 The Hull defeat at Wembley , only in 2nd place because the booze numbed it.

3 A complete cock up v Brighton at the Milstad.

4 Walsall play off final 2nd leg replay.

5 Gordon’s pen miss in front of the EE, a win would have seen us in the play offs.

6 Every game we’ve been 2 or 3 up at HT and cocked up.

What games are top of your pain list?

Equally as painful was his miss against Mansfield in the 1987 Freight Roger Trophy Final.

He missed two crucial ones that season!

I was incandescent with rage after Derby. We couldn’t shoot for toffee. The glorious failure surrender monkeys in these parts made it worse.

Brighton and Hull were tough. Wilson has a lot to answer for Brighton ....the Hull game, Well that’s the way it goes! If McConbe was fit It could have been different i would never say we didn’t show up

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 21:54, Dolman_Stand said:

As a kid went to Bournemouth for my first away game for my birthday with my dad and we got battered 4-0, think they had a young Jermaine Defoe playing up front and Wade Elliott pulling the strings in midfield.

Can still remember the chants of "dodgy keeper" at Steve Phillips from all four sides of the ground!

Last bit not right as their ground only had three sides then. 

On 02/05/2020 at 19:42, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Not sure we were in a position to be insulting teams based on how many Chelsea loans they had 

Exactly. Talksport have just mentioned us in the same breath as Chelsea when talking about loans. Seem to think we are a feeder club for Chelsea.

On 03/05/2020 at 02:10, Midlands Robin said:

Remember that one all too well. All we had to do was match whatever Watford did, win, lose or draw as we were ahead on goal difference going into the game. For Preston it was a nothing game as they were well down in mid table and safe. 

Sadly, the man who'd got most of our goals that season had been sold to Man City. Jason Roberts had ****** off to the sags in a huff after 3 games on loan because Ward wouldn't let him play in an international friendly so we were left with "big" Sean Mccarthy as our only striker on the pitch. 

We start well and Big Sean scores his one and only goal for us making it 1-0. However, the dipshit gets injured in the celebration, hobbles off and were left with Greg Goodridge playing up front as a make do striker. 

I don't think we had another shot on target. 

Preston won 2-1. Watford had also come back from behind to win and they took the title by three points. 

Sean’s dad died the night before I think

Archived