IGNORED

Happy May 3rd

lenred

It was a strange time for me, my dad who was a keen City fan died in April and his funeral was on the 6th May. My brother another keen City fan was over from NZ for the funeral, we went out for lunch on the 3rd and afterwards he went back to my mothers and I went for a couple of pints. I wasnt that bothered about the scores even the City game and didnt think for one minute that Rovers would go down, I did check the scores and they were losing but didn't expect them to lose. At full time my brother phoned to say they had been relegated..after jumping around the beer garden of the pub I was in much to the astonishment of the other customers, I looked to the skies and thanked my dad for making it one of the best days to be a City fan...it was one of those days that any City fan will remember where they were when the news came through .

1 hour ago, yardy said:

The most i have ever laughed listening to Radio Bristol.

Think i started listening with 20 mins to go and Rovers were battering Mansfield the whole time, bloody hilarious.

The guy who phoned Twentyman saying he had been through two divorces and the Thatcher years just finished me off, in tears with laughter.

Is there somewhere i can listen to that again? 

So many funny things happened that day, all i can say is......thank you Bristol Rovers

Radio Bristol post-relegation reaction: 

https://vocaroo.com/3STeE9fJlGE

From about 5 pages previous, you'll need to thank @View from the Dolman for this.

Mentioned this recently on the dustbin thread. I never for one second thought they would actually go down, didnt even check the scores until 16:40ish just as I was getting in my car to bring the shopping home.

The next 10 minutes were the longest I’d ever experienced, constantly refreshing the BBC Football page. Then the joy as a text from a mate flashed on the screen saying “the slags are DOWN” literally just as it turned into a Final Score on BBC was ******* amazing!

Lets not forget that Cardiff were also relegated that day.

If Carlsberg did Saturdays....

What a day, that last ten minutes got longer and longer and with every minute that passed my state of hysteria got higher and higher.

I couldn't believe that they'd f..k that up but royally they did!

On here I've relived all of the magical moments of that day including the hilarious "bin thru 2 divorces Geoff" Radio Bristol broadcast with some slag also saying they took 45k to Wembley, gaslogic & hilarious.

For me, getting beat by a team already on the beach and wearing your own kit is embarrassingly bad enough and just about sums up that sorry shower; but then some clever OTIBer had to put it to the "Laughing Policeman" music. . . . F..king Brilliant!

Was so convinced it wouldn't happen I didn't bother following the match - was in Lublin that weekend in Eastern Poland on a right lively session and only checked when I got back to my hotel off my trolley in the middle of the night. When I woke up the next day I thought it had been some kind of weird dream. Nope, definitely wasn't. 

I couldn't stand the idea of them having a spawny escape, but in hindsight I really wish I had followed the day's events as they happened to make the most of them; but I guess the law of football states that had I done so they'd have recorded an epic Carlisle-style comeback at the death. 

15 hours ago, Swede said:

What a day, that last ten minutes got longer and longer and with every minute that passed my state of hysteria got higher and higher.

I couldn't believe that they'd f..k that up but royally they did!

On here I've relived all of the magical moments of that day including the hilarious "bin thru 2 divorces Geoff" Radio Bristol broadcast with some slag also saying they took 45k to Wembley, gaslogic & hilarious.

For me, getting beat by a team already on the beach and wearing your own kit is embarrassingly bad enough and just about sums up that sorry shower; but then some clever OTIBer had to put it to the "Laughing Policeman" music. . . . F..king Brilliant!

The laughing policeman bit was my doing ?

It’s easy to come up with the material when the gift keeps on giving....continuously.

What they do the most is come out from under their stones chirping about something or other....before the fat Irene has managed to sing ...and then it backfires on them big time.

You would think they would learn from their mistakes, but they don’t.....It’s “Aaaaaaaahhh Sheed’eads!!!!” and 5 minutes later they have disappeared from the National Grid altogether!

Self harmers the lot of ‘em!!!

8 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

The laughing policeman bit was my doing ?

It’s easy to come up with the material when the gift keeps on giving....continuously.

What they do the most is come out from under their stones chirping about something or other....before the fat Irene has managed to sing ...and then it backfires on them big time.

You would think they would learn from their mistakes, but they don’t.....It’s “Aaaaaaaahhh Sheed’eads!!!!” and 5 minutes later they have disappeared from the National Grid altogether!

Self harmers the lot of ‘em!!!

Take a bow sir!

That "Laughing Policeman" really summed that bunch of to55ers right up, brilliant. ???

I wasn’t there. I was on holiday at a wedding at the time. The speeches started just after confirmation that the Sags had been officially relegated out of the football league and then the party started. The grooms opening line was “This has been the best day of my life.....Goodnight Irene” and a massive cheer went up.

I remember celebrating so much that by 2am I was so hammered that I was throwing up and laughing at the same time.

Nowadays though even Sags agree that relegation to the conference was the best thing that ever happened to them....strange then that they don’t apply their own logic to 1982?

I don’t remember them enjoying those conference days either?!

E42A8AC6-FA4B-41E5-BDA9-96CC0094AF91.jpeg.9aeeb2f94a1c3c1331c9ef2abdcd32bb.jpeg

The family club ‘celebrating’ life in the conference at Braintree. Oh, such fond memories of happy days ?

Archived