IGNORED

Scott Murray Testimonial

cider head

Should Scott Murray Be Granted A Testimonial?  

232 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Two things long over due a friendly game with Willem and Scott Murray’s testimonial, so a lot of people tell me.. We can but try... The expression is “killing birds with one stone” a testimonial for Scott Murray much long over due, push for the game to be against Willem (up to Scott to pick a team of course)  and those who go on about the money maybe half the game earnings go to the NHS? As a thank you to them also? (Again Scott’s choice).

What’s there not to like for everyone... As much as a testimonial is deserved for the moments given when he was on the pitch there is a lot of things done off it over the years (still doing) that deserves recognition, his visits to those at their homes etc when sick (some sadly passed away) helped their mood at times, charity work and so on... Sean Donnelly 2D0117C0-1F2B-4080-8615-CD71B03C9558.jpegsummed it up with his reply on the petition itself.  Please sign and let’s see where it takes it.. https://www.change.org/scottmurray

I voted no, I just do not agree with testimonials for footballers.  Why should fans pay their hard earned money to watch a meaningless match, just to bolster the bank account of someone who has been paid a fortune for the privilege of doing a job they love, and that we would all probably love to do for a fraction of the money?  Please do not get me wrong, Scotty has been a great footballer and more for us, but I bet that, over the years, he has earned more than most fans could dream of with our variety of jobs.  My view does not make me a bad, nasty or mean person (some that know me may disagree!) but I apply the same view of any player at any club, however loyal a "servant" they may have been.

3 minutes ago, TBW said:

Why is your text so big?

Also, stop treating the NHS like a ******* charity.

Blimey I forgot the negativity of this place at times, NHS is just a suggestion many good causes out there even if it’s in Scott’s own pocket.. As for text size cut and paste from another site... 

I actually really like the idea of testimonials about 10 years after players retire. 

They shouldn't expect them and they should have had some time to adjusting to the real world prior to any testimonials these days. 

Testimonial for Scott, yes. 

Game Vs Willem, couldn't care less. 

I'd really rather they didn't combine the 2, personally. 

If Scott deserves a testimonial, then he deserves a decent one. 

Maybe Villa, who we signed him from..?

54 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

I voted no, I just do not agree with testimonials for footballers.  Why should fans pay their hard earned money to watch a meaningless match, just to bolster the bank account of someone who has been paid a fortune for the privilege of doing a job they love, and that we would all probably love to do for a fraction of the money?  Please do not get me wrong, Scotty has been a great footballer and more for us, but I bet that, over the years, he has earned more than most fans could dream of with our variety of jobs.  My view does not make me a bad, nasty or mean person (some that know me may disagree!) but I apply the same view of any player at any club, however loyal a "servant" they may have been.

No one is forced to attend them but they are usually pretty fun affairs,often with some big name footballers or maybe celebrities that you wouldnt normally see.Seems pretty harmless to me.

13 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Do we know why he never had one previously? 

I think that due to his move to Reading,he wasnt with us as a player for ten years.Either that or he didn't complete ten years unbroken service.It is one of those two.

30 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Do we know why he never had one previously? 

Because he didn’t play for us for ten successive years 

In principle, not in favour of testimonials.... but for Scott genuinely think he is a worthy exception to the rule.

What a brilliant idea to have it against our Dutch friends as well. 

Make it happen.

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No he didn’t so technically he doesn’t qualify for a testimonial. Plus he’s been retired around 10 years.

So have you but I wouldn't be against you having an OTIB testimonial.

3 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Who’s voted no???  WTAF!  He’s dedicated how many years of his life to the club, was a legendary player, if Scott doesn’t deserve one nobody does!

And been well paid.

Surely testimonials or benefit games are now outdated. They were, I suspect, introduced over a century ago when professional sports persons were hardly paid a wage any greater than the highest industrial earners.

3 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Who’s voted no???  WTAF!  He’s dedicated how many years of his life to the club, was a legendary player, if Scott doesn’t deserve one nobody does!

He left the club for better things.

Dont blame him for that but thats not what testimonials should be for.

As for dedicating his life to the club, he has been paid for every minute he's been associated with BCFC.

Top chap but its a no from me.

4 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I voted no. Rules are rules. He's done well financially out of the club and he's still employed. Don't let heart rule over your head. 

Depends what the rules are for testimonials as yes the Ashton gate 8 did have a testimonial game for them being Ipswich v Southampton and out of the 8 players Tainton and Merrick already had testimonials and later in 1993 Chris Garland, all deserved granted but testimonial rules Bent to suite maybe?

Anyhow this was not meant to go technical just wanted to show some appreciation to Scotty.

0D86F2AE-ED81-4288-A607-4308B4189123.jpeg

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

And been well paid.

Surely testimonials or benefit games are now outdated. They were, I suspect, introduced over a century ago when professional sports persons were hardly paid a wage any greater than the highest industrial earners.

This is the reason I voted no. Scotty has been paid a good wage, appropriate for his work at City, so why a testimonial? In the modern world testimonials are only really appropriate for those in the football world who work in an amateur way for the good of a club 

Archived