IGNORED

Scott Murray Testimonial

cider head

Should Scott Murray Be Granted A Testimonial?  

232 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Jersey Bristolian said:

I got Platt's and a few others autographs that day, Didn't Platt end up in goal? Sure I remember the second going in against him, possibly a penalty?

I was actually away on holiday. I was so gutted to miss the game, for Biff and because Platt ( & Gazza) were my new heroes and I had to miss the chance to see him live. 

11 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I rather like testimonials. It's not about the money as players often give the monies to a charity of their choice, but about the supporters saying a fond thanks. The games are often against a team we'd otherwise not generally see. 

Exactly. Think most people are missing the point of what they are about these days. The money will go the a charity.  Who wouldn't want to see Tinnion ping a 30 yard pin point pass to Murray one more time? 

26 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I rather like testimonials. It's not about the money as players often give the monies to a charity of their choice, but about the supporters saying a fond thanks. The games are often against a team we'd otherwise not generally see. 

Why don't we all stand in our gardens and hit a saucepan with a wooden spoon at 8pm on Thursday, that'll show Murray how loved he is.

59 minutes ago, BristolCity1992 said:

Exactly. Think most people are missing the point of what they are about these days. The money will go the a charity.  Who wouldn't want to see Tinnion ping a 30 yard pin point pass to Murray one more time? 

The opposition left back....

9 hours ago, eastonboy said:

I thought Biffs was against Crystal Palace??

Seem to remember a caricature of him on the programme and Wright and Bright tearing us a new one??

Oh and your right about the caricature although that was the cover for the testimonial year booklet for him

8AE9EEA8-5298-4D5A-BA62-013DD652BA2C.jpeg

• Admin

For me a testimonial isn't about the money any more and more of a recognition of their service to a club

I don't follow everyone that closely but the high profile games see all money raised donated to a charity of the players choice

It would have to be up to Scott who the opposition would be for the game

Does he have any affiliation to Villa apart from starting out with them?

The game that may be more appealing would be City Vs a Scott Murray XI - let him choose players that have impacted on his career 

On 03/05/2020 at 14:31, New Dazzler said:

I voted no, I just do not agree with testimonials for footballers.  Why should fans pay their hard earned money to watch a meaningless match, just to bolster the bank account of someone who has been paid a fortune for the privilege of doing a job they love, and that we would all probably love to do for a fraction of the money?  Please do not get me wrong, Scotty has been a great footballer and more for us, but I bet that, over the years, he has earned more than most fans could dream of with our variety of jobs.  My view does not make me a bad, nasty or mean person (some that know me may disagree!) but I apply the same view of any player at any club, however loyal a "servant" they may have been.

I agree in part with what you’re saying but Scotty was with us when we were in league 1 for most of his career! So probably wouldn’t have been on a great deal of money!

To do something for club servant like Scotty (player and kitman) is only right and fitting! 

as a side note most top level players who get a testimonial these days usually give their boy to charity!!

Archived