IGNORED

Use Rewards Cash by 31st May (Update from SLO)

Denbury Red

Just received the usual email reminding us all we have only until 31st May to use the cash or lose it!

As we have to rely on deliveries by post couldn’t BCFC have waived delivery costs - some, including me, may have been persuaded to spend my balance - but taking £5 off for delivery really doesn’t make it worth it!

Surely the profit made on most items would outweigh waiving the delivery cost!

• Admin
18 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Would be good if the club could offer the option to donate it to charity, CHSW would be a good one. They're more than welcome to mine. 

This was pushed for last season, the money eventually went to the clubs foundation charity

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Brought a pair of shorts for £7 (inc postage). Bargain!

I thought I would buy the new crest badge - but when the postage is more than the item you know it is not worth it

image.png

31 minutes ago, phantom said:

This was pushed for last season, the money eventually went to the clubs foundation charity

I think we had to e-mail to say that`s what we wanted rather than it just happening by default didn`t we? I`ve got a feeling @Bristol Rob was a driving force behind making it happen (apologies if it wasn`t you mate and also to whoever it was!)

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I think we had to e-mail to say that`s what we wanted rather than it just happening by default didn`t we? I`ve got a feeling @Bristol Rob was a driving force behind making it happen (apologies if it wasn`t you mate and also to whoever it was!)

I made the suggestion, emailed the address I was told to twice to confirm the balance was going to a worthy cause and never had a reply.

Fair play to Matt however, he was right behind the idea that we could pool our collective resources and do something with the total balance.

I would be surprised if the club shared that view and would rather the balance just lapsed.

The fact they never said 'thanks to the generations balance donations, we were able to do 'this/that/the other' with the money tells you everything you need to know.

Should be the default option in my view. Don't use it, it goes to charity.

10 hours ago, One Team said:

I tried to use the cash balance tonight after signing in my BS account and there doesn’t seem to be an option to redeem in, anyone know how to do it?

You have the option at the “checkout” screen to use your remaining balance.  It shows you how much you have - hence you can use all of some!

• Admin
54 minutes ago, redpole said:

How do you check how much you have??? 

Did you not have an email recently with your details enclosed?, If not you need to check Bristol Sport have your correct email address

The answer to your question @redpole

Login to your Bristol sport account

image.png

Click on rewards cash

image.png

39 minutes ago, phantom said:

Did you not have an email recently with your details enclosed?, If not you need to check Bristol Sport have your correct email address

The answer to your question @redpole

Login to your Bristol sport account

image.png

Click on rewards cash

image.png

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Denbury Red said:

You have the option at the “checkout” screen to use your remaining balance.  It shows you how much you have - hence you can use all of some!

Thanks mate had to call them to link my account to my supporter ID as that wasn’t working. All good now though! They were really helpful to be fair to them. 

Just bumping this as I have received a reminder today that I need to spend it by the end of the week but there does not seem to be a donate to charity option as last year. I also see that the same question on the SLO Q&A section has no answer.

Does anyone know?

On 05/05/2020 at 19:22, phantom said:

I thought I would buy the new crest badge - but when the postage is more than the item you know it is not worth it

image.png

Same here, badge £4, p+p £5

On 05/05/2020 at 19:22, phantom said:

image.png

My email today invited me to spend the meagre amount as notified in the earlier email. However, I had cleared the balance several weeks ago and on logging in hey presto, the amount remaining is not as contained in today's message !!

Am I surprised ?

On 05/05/2020 at 19:24, Calculus said:

Can't they just extend the date until the end of the year? Maybe at least for a month or two after the shop reopens.

Exactly my thoughts, I prefer to go in the shop, what's the rush ??

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

A lot will depend on the deals they have with Hummel and Umbro. 

They won’t still have old Bristol Sport made stock out in the store if they have to have the new stock out. 

A lot of us will have season ticket money that the club has still got from 2019/20, why not release it to those that want so long as they spend in City shop. Win Win,surely. I would be happy to use mine online for something worth buying and not floundering on how to spend my tenner

4 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

A lot of us will have season ticket money that the club has still got from 2019/20, why not release it to those that want so long as they spend in City shop. Win Win,surely. I would be happy to use mine online for something worth buying and not floundering on how to spend my tenner

I agree with what you are saying but the club will have a contract with the new suppliers. 

It’s annoying as you can see the money machine in full flow

- Lots of supporters don’t spend their balances or able to donate = no money lost for the club. 
- Those that do probably top up to buy something that isn’t a pin badge for £4 with £5 postage = money gained 

- 1st June. Big sale to get rid of all the Bristol a sport stock for the Hummel gear = money gained. 

It’s how business works unfortunately it’s just a shame they won’t combine the (predicted) sale with the requirement to use the balance. 

After nominating my cash reward, which I never spend, to what was apparently the CHS charity but then went to I believe the City Foundation I now spend my £10 cash reward, from my purchase of season ticket,  on a  City shop gift voucher in December. I then include this in a Christmas present for one of my young  relations who will spend it in the shop.

The rewards scheme has been a bit 'shit' since it started.

A nice idea, but poorly executed, and being non transferable means you were very unlikely to be able to make a significant purchase with monies earned.

Would love to know how much cash was credited at the start of the season, how much was spent AFTER the initial shirt sales were excluded and what percentage of balances lapse.

Just seemed like a complicated way of getting a tenner off a shirt. Which, if they wanted to sell a lot of shirts they could have done by making them a tenner cheaper than they were.

2 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

After nominating my cash reward, which I never spend, to what was apparently the CHS charity but then went to I believe the City Foundation I now spend my £10 cash reward, from my purchase of season ticket,  on a  City shop gift voucher in December. I then include this in a Christmas present for one of my young  relations who will spend it in the shop.

The small print now says you can't buy gift cards with it.

49 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The rewards scheme has been a bit 'shit' since it started.

A nice idea, but poorly executed, and being non transferable means you were very unlikely to be able to make a significant purchase with monies earned.

Would love to know how much cash was credited at the start of the season, how much was spent AFTER the initial shirt sales were excluded and what percentage of balances lapse.

Just seemed like a complicated way of getting a tenner off a shirt. Which, if they wanted to sell a lot of shirts they could have done by making them a tenner cheaper than they were.

The small print now says you can't buy gift cards with it.

Thanks for that. Saves a bit of argy bargy the next time I try it. Probably a long way off yet and I will have forgotten.

We've received lots of correspondence about the rewards scheme so I hope this helps with a couple of the of the questions

The deadline for using your Rewards Cash could not be extended past the 31st May 2020 due to the complication it would cause on the awarding of the 2020/2021 Rewards Cash balance as there needs to be a clear separation period between the seasons.

Unfortunately, as the Rewards Cash scheme doesn’t represent actual money it can’t be donated to charity. The scheme allows supporters to use their Rewards Cash as a discount to get money off the value of their purchases from our store. Based on supporter feedback we will be looking to change the terminology of the scheme next season so there is no confusion.

Keep Safe

Jerry

Archived