IGNORED

Cardboard cut outs. Would you buy one?

On the news this morning, a German club is filling a stand, or the stadium with cardboard cut outs of people, but they are inviting fans to send a photo of themselves so that it can be enlarged and placed on the head of the cut out, to make it appear that you are there for the behind closed doors games. Would anyone buy one if City did similar, and how much would you be happy paying?

18 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

On the news this morning, a German club is filling a stand, or the stadium with cardboard cut outs of people, but they are inviting fans to send a photo of themselves so that it can be enlarged and placed on the head of the cut out, to make it appear that you are there for the behind closed doors games. Would anyone buy one if City did similar, and how much would you be happy paying?

Did the story say how much it would cost each German fan?

23 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I don't think any cardboard cut out can replace the Ashton Gate atmosphere. But if they can get an audio recording of a moaning middle aged man loudly berating a randomly allocated player every single week then we're in business. 

And that one randomer who evidently shoved the mouldy innards of a decomposing rat up their arse just so everyone within a 8 seat radius knows they are having 'tummy troubles' as well.

It isn't football unless someone releases a guff so putrid you can chew it.

23 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I don't think any cardboard cut out can replace the Ashton Gate atmosphere. But if they can get an audio recording of a moaning middle aged man loudly berating a randomly allocated player every single week then we're in business. 

Really not a fair stereotype - considering how many older fans we've got and how much frustration and disappointment these 'middle aged men' (just men btw?) have endured at AG over the last 40-50 years the number who moan and berate players is miniscule.

10 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I'll have one if I can have a dozen flares and smoke bombs strapped to its back which I can remotely detonate during the game.

There wouldn't be any complaints about breathing difficulties, but you might cremate a few "customers"

4 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

There wouldn't be any complaints about breathing difficulties, but you might cremate a few "customers"

No pyro no party!

You'd need to find a way to make them look like they're sat down outside S82, wouldn't want to break the no standing rules....

• SC&T Board Members
28 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

The item I saw said $20, which is weird, unless it was an American paper.

It's a fan initiative and they're charging 1900 cents, as 1900 was the year that the club was founded. All profits are going to charity and the cut-outs (made of 'Forex' not cardboard) will remain in place for as long as games are played behind closed doors. Thereafter the fans can have their cut-out as a souvenir, if they wish.

They've currently sold nearly 10,000 and are hoping to eventually fill the ground.

https://www.borussia.de/typo3temp/GB/csm_CV1_0262_8751c24_6df0bbb5e3.jpg

Personally, I actually think it's quite a cool idea. But while the talk here is of playing games on neutral grounds, it would be a non-starter for us (although I have had the concept priced up).

9 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

It's a fan initiative and they're charging 1900 cents, as 1900 was the year that the club was founded. All profits are going to charity and the cut-outs (made of 'Forex' not cardboard) will remain in place for as long as games are played behind closed doors. Thereafter the fans can have their cut-out as a souvenir, if they wish.

They've currently sold nearly 10,000 and are hoping to eventually fill the ground.

https://www.borussia.de/typo3temp/GB/csm_CV1_0262_8751c24_6df0bbb5e3.jpg

Personally, I actually think it's quite a cool idea. But while the talk here is of playing games on neutral grounds, it would be a non-starter for us (although I have had the concept priced up).

Ok, but a Forex cut out doesnt have the same ring to it. Sounds more like a surgical operation.

• SC&T Board Members
2 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Ok, but a Forex cut out doesnt have the same ring to it. Sounds more like a surgical operation.

indeed. But they will last well, unlike cardboard. It's the same sort of material as estate agents use for 'For Sale' boards.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

I'd buy a cardboard cut-out of Rita Ora. Or a blow-up doll might be better actually, thinking about it. 

Either way. Yes. Yes I would. But only of Rita Ora. 

Just remember in this time of crisis, if your blow up doll develops a runny nose it's not ill......it's full!

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

I'd buy a cardboard cut-out of Rita Ora. Or a blow-up doll might be better actually, thinking about it. 

Either way. Yes. Yes I would. But only of Rita Ora. 

Prob end up with Bradley Orr

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Really not a fair stereotype - considering how many older fans we've got and how much frustration and disappointment these 'middle aged men' (just men btw?) have endured at AG over the last 40-50 years the number who moan and berate players is miniscule.

I think the phrase you're looking for is the patience of a saint.

4 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

On the news this morning, a German club is filling a stand, or the stadium with cardboard cut outs of people,

Then the gas could claim to have filled their stadium.

And improved the atmosphere.

Archived