IGNORED

Cardboard cut outs. Would you buy one?

2 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

It's a fan initiative and they're charging 1900 cents, as 1900 was the year that the club was founded. All profits are going to charity and the cut-outs (made of 'Forex' not cardboard) will remain in place for as long as games are played behind closed doors. Thereafter the fans can have their cut-out as a souvenir, if they wish.

They've currently sold nearly 10,000 and are hoping to eventually fill the ground.

https://www.borussia.de/typo3temp/GB/csm_CV1_0262_8751c24_6df0bbb5e3.jpg

Personally, I actually think it's quite a cool idea. But while the talk here is of playing games on neutral grounds, it would be a non-starter for us (although I have had the concept priced up).

Fair dos, but will you charge 1894 pence or 1897?  #Controversial

3 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Fair dos, but will you charge 1894 pence or 1897?  #Controversial

You could have a picture made up from various stages in your life, just like the ever popular anniversary shirt.

Hair from your teenage years, your face in your 20s, stomach from your teens...

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Really not a fair stereotype - considering how many older fans we've got and how much frustration and disappointment these 'middle aged men' (just men btw?) have endured at AG over the last 40-50 years the number who moan and berate players is miniscule.

You're reading a lot into one flippant post here. Frequently when I go to AG - I'm not a season ticket holder as I'm in London but usually sit in the South Stand when I do go -  there is a middle aged man sat behind me loudly and inaccurately critiquing the performance of whatever player he has picked out that week. At away games this season (notably Brentford), the same has happened too. That was literally the beginning and end of the meaning of my post. 

2 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Rovers have been doing it for years

The effects of COVID may well be that much of next season is the played with social distancing measures and grounds less than a third full. I hope Rovers are given a handicap if that is the case. It's not fair if others are adapting to a situation they've been used to for years...

7 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I don't think any cardboard cut out can replace the Ashton Gate atmosphere. But if they can get an audio recording of a moaning middle aged man loudly berating a randomly allocated player every single week then we're in business. 

Isn’t a bloke in the dug out enough for you

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

And that one randomer who evidently shoved the mouldy innards of a decomposing rat up their arse just so everyone within a 8 seat radius knows they are having 'tummy troubles' as well.

It isn't football unless someone releases a guff so putrid you can chew it.

that is raw but so so true

How far into the post match interview before.... "We just couldn't get going today and that resulted in the atmosphere becoming rather flat which didn't help"

Also who pays for the cardboard cut out stewards ?

An interesting idea though.

11 hours ago, phantom said:

No

After the length of time waiting for bricks etc, I will be 20 years older before it was printed

I’m still waiting to know what prize there was for the lucky winner who kept their JPT ticket stub.

10 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

And that one randomer who evidently shoved the mouldy innards of a decomposing rat up their arse just so everyone within a 8 seat radius knows they are having 'tummy troubles' as well.

It isn't football unless someone releases a guff so putrid you can chew it.

I like to call them meal farts, as one whiff comfortably fills you up, like a meal!

23 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

On the news this morning, a German club is filling a stand, or the stadium with cardboard cut outs of people, but they are inviting fans to send a photo of themselves so that it can be enlarged and placed on the head of the cut out, to make it appear that you are there for the behind closed doors games. Would anyone buy one if City did similar, and how much would you be happy paying?

They should get a bulk discount price. After all dont they all the look the same any way in Germany. 

On 07/05/2020 at 14:27, Nogbad the Bad said:

Really not a fair stereotype - considering how many older fans we've got and how much frustration and disappointment these 'middle aged men' (just men btw?) have endured at AG over the last 40-50 years the number who moan and berate players is miniscule.

Christ! I've been watching City for close on 60 years so I'd be delighted to be one of the middle aged men. I'm going to live until I'm 120.

On 08/05/2020 at 11:52, In the Net said:

To make it really authentic, I'm buying 5,000, with the proviso that they are placed outside the gates.

So you'll be ordering 5,000 and telling everyone that there are 15,000 of them..? 

Archived