IGNORED

daored

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Actually think this was a more dramatic end to a season than the Aguero goal for Man City. A close call anyway.

Imho it was much more dramatic. Top two playing each other. Nowadays they purposely avoid fixtures between the top clubs in the last 5/6 rounds of fixtures. That to my mind is wrong. 

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Imho it was much more dramatic. Top two playing each other. Nowadays they purposely avoid fixtures between the top clubs in the last 5/6 rounds of fixtures. That to my mind is wrong. 

I dont think it was due to be the final game. Original game was called off due to Hillsborough tragedy.

14 minutes ago, Nicki's soulmate said:

I remember watching the game in the Tap and Barrel then the Lousiana, pretty amazing!, was it a Friday Night? 

Yes, we were at a quiz night at my cricket club.

1 hour ago, Super said:

I dont think it was due to be the final game. Original game was called off due to Hillsborough tragedy.

yes, that’s right.

2 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

I think Brian Moore as the commentator. It was definitely on ITV.

2 hours ago, The_Don said:

It’s up for grabs nowwww..... Thomas..... Right at the end.....

Exactly... Will never forget that line from the absolute best that was Brian Moore... What a voice he had. Spoke to him once on a phone in and we talked about that exact moment. He said he had never seen a moment like it in football and likely would never see it again, even after he passed away. 

We have a long line of family connections with Arsenal so of course I was jumping out of my chair at that very moment as a young adult. Well not that young I suppose. 

An unbelievable climax to the season...

4 hours ago, Super said:

Very good watch. Skysports should do more of these.

It wasn’t produced by Sky Sports, but if you’re looking for more great football documentary’s, I’d recommend Everton, Howard’s Way, it documents Everton’s golden period in the mid 80’s. It’s available in Sky Store.

13 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

Another recommendation is ‘everybody’s  second team’ which is available free on Amazon prime, it’s the story of how West Ham became the last second tier team to win the F.A. cup

I’ve been watching the official FIFA World Cup movies on there, I’ll give that a go now.

1 hour ago, walnutroof said:

Another recommendation is ‘everybody’s  second team’ which is available free on Amazon prime, it’s the story of how West Ham became the last second tier team to win the F.A. cup

Amazon prime has a documentary called Do you want to Win? Which is based on Leeds United's rise between 1989 and 1992 which is also a good watch.

4 hours ago, WiltshireReds said:

Amazon prime has a documentary called Do you want to Win? Which is based on Leeds United's rise between 1989 and 1992 which is also a good watch.

I just watched iron men which covers West Ham leaving Upton Park, it’s both sad watching people being torn apart from what they’ve always known as well as like watching a car crash in slow motion knowing how it turned out 

Saying that Upton Park has clearly had its day 

Just watched 89, excellent documentary.  I was never a lover of the idea that winning a trophy is any compensation for the tragedy of Hillsborough, so purely on football terms it was a fantastic final game.  

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 11:04, Super said:

If only John Barnes went to the corner!

If they had been able to bring on Matty Taylor to take it from the penalty box to the corner flag, get a booking and generally wind down the clock as per our 3-2 home win against West Brom last season!

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 18:32, Lanterne Rouge said:

Imagine if VAR had been a thing back then, ten minutes after he scored to check if there had been a minor offside six passes back...

They would have found that Lukic had picked up a pass back and thrown it to Lee Dixon, who started the attack that would lead to the winner! ?

Archived