IGNORED

Live football on TV now!

Silvio Dante

FFS!

At the moment, to be honest,  I'm not particularly bothered whether there is live footy on TV, even less so that it's in S Korea.

Bill Shankly once famously said "Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you it's much more serious than that". If the current situation has taught us anything, it is that in the greater scheme of things life or death are much, much more serious than football.

Football will be back when the time is right, and when peoples health and lives are safe and secure and that's when I'll be looking forward to it.

12 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Wonder what the global audience is for this one?

I've been desperate for some live sport. Enjoying this, standard is ok, both sides having a go.

What ever it is it as to be a positive to our world wide national code of football. Good luck to them.

8 minutes ago, downendcity said:

FFS!

At the moment, to be honest,  I'm not particularly bothered whether there is live footy on TV, even less so that it's in S Korea.

Bill Shankly once famously said "Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you it's much more serious than that". If the current situation has taught us anything, it is that in the greater scheme of things life or death are much, much more serious than football.

Football will be back when the time is right, and when peoples health and lives are safe and secure and that's when I'll be looking forward to it.

Mate, tbf nobody is going to disagree with you that beating the virus is more important than football. Just take this for what it is, a welcome distraction and a sign of hope, rather than getting worked up over it.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Got to say that cheered me up no end!

I did like those hummel shirts that Jeonbuk were wearing, hope ours look as good. That yellow would make a great away kit.

Was thinking a purple with the black trimmings being changed to lime.

So good to watch some live football again. Even though the quality wasn't great at times it was just enjoyable to watch a live game of football and not something from 10 years ago. Looking forward to some more as restrictions are lifted across the world.

1 hour ago, PhilC said:

So good to watch some live football again. Even though the quality wasn't great at times it was just enjoyable to watch a live game of football and not something from 10 years ago. Looking forward to some more as restrictions are lifted across the world.

Agreed. I can’t watch something where I know the result already. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Why has no UK broadcaster even put in a short term deal for Belarus League- surely it's at least on a par with that of South Korea say?

They do periodically have clubs who pull off shock results in CL or Europa League after all. Or have done.

Probably more about not being seen to encourage something that most countries had suspended I expect. It could also be seen as showing indirect support for their loony president too I guess. Also, crowds were allowed and you`d get people saying `if they can, why can`t we?`

The K-League is different in that other countries are starting up again, they`re just a bit ahead of the rest and it`s behind closed doors.

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Probably more about not being seen to encourage something that most countries had suspended I expect. It could also be seen as showing indirect support for their loony president too I guess. Also, crowds were allowed and you`d get people saying `if they can, why can`t we?`

The K-League is different in that other countries are starting up again, they`re just a bit ahead of the rest and it`s behind closed doors.

Thanks- that all makes sense. Esp. the behind closed doors bit and not wanting to encourage.

Any live football on TV right now would be great though, IMO.

2 hours ago, PhilC said:

Exactly. I have watched a couple of good games but it's just not the same.

Yeah I agree...however sky are currently showing the Man Utd v arsenal game from 2002 when Wiltord scored and won the title...great viewing as someone who likes arsenal.

just looking at the team sheets their were some proper ballers playing that night

2 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Yeah I agree...however sky are currently showing the Man Utd v arsenal game from 2002 when Wiltord scored and won the title...great viewing as someone who likes arsenal.

just looking at the team sheets their were some proper ballers playing that night

They had Arsenal 2-4 Man Utd from 2005 on the other night, the one where Keane and Vieria had a row in the tunnel before. Had a bit of everything that game.

On 08/05/2020 at 21:05, downendcity said:

FFS!

Being in Lockdown can have some difficult moments.

Hang in there Mate :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, David Brent said:

Watched several K-League games live. There’s some very good players

Two Ozzie Socceroos Terry Antonis former Melbourne and Sydney player and Adam Taggart played for suwon who ended up loosing. Apparently the broadcast went to nearly 40 countries around the world. 

Even though played behind closed doors it was a great idea to get chants from supporters being piped in to the stadium and banners being displayed around the empty stands.

On 08/05/2020 at 18:35, MC RISK77 said:

Cracking game that! You might suppose that some of the 'tasty' challenges going in that, had the game been played under current rules, it might have ended 8 a side!

Archived