Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Recommended Posts

Wonder what the global audience is for this one?

I've been desperate for some live sport. Enjoying this, standard is ok, both sides having a go.

Link to post
Share on other sites

FFS!

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the moment, to be honest,  I'm not particularly bothered whether there is live footy on TV, even less so that it's in S Korea.

Bill Shankly once famously said "Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you it's much more serious than that". If the current situation has taught us anything, it is that in the greater scheme of things life or death are much, much more serious than football.

Football will be back when the time is right, and when peoples health and lives are safe and secure and that's when I'll be looking forward to it.

 

 

  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Wonder what the global audience is for this one?

I've been desperate for some live sport. Enjoying this, standard is ok, both sides having a go.

What ever it is it as to be a positive to our world wide national code of football. Good luck to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, downendcity said:

FFS!

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the moment, to be honest,  I'm not particularly bothered whether there is live footy on TV, even less so that it's in S Korea.

Bill Shankly once famously said "Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you it's much more serious than that". If the current situation has taught us anything, it is that in the greater scheme of things life or death are much, much more serious than football.

Football will be back when the time is right, and when peoples health and lives are safe and secure and that's when I'll be looking forward to it.

 

 

Mate, tbf nobody is going to disagree with you that beating the virus is more important than football. Just take this for what it is, a welcome distraction and a sign of hope, rather than getting worked up over it.

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Got to say that cheered me up no end!

I did like those hummel shirts that Jeonbuk were wearing, hope ours look as good. That yellow would make a great away kit.

Was thinking a purple with the black trimmings being changed to lime.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So good to watch some live football again. Even though the quality wasn't great at times it was just enjoyable to watch a live game of football and not something from 10 years ago. Looking forward to some more as restrictions are lifted across the world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PhilC said:

So good to watch some live football again. Even though the quality wasn't great at times it was just enjoyable to watch a live game of football and not something from 10 years ago. Looking forward to some more as restrictions are lifted across the world.

Agreed. I can’t watch something where I know the result already. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Gifford said:

Agreed. I can’t watch something where I know the result already. 

 

Exactly. I have watched a couple of good games but it's just not the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why has no UK broadcaster even put in a short term deal for Belarus League- surely it's at least on a par with that of South Korea say?

They do periodically have clubs who pull off shock results in CL or Europa League after all. Or have done.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Why has no UK broadcaster even put in a short term deal for Belarus League- surely it's at least on a par with that of South Korea say?

They do periodically have clubs who pull off shock results in CL or Europa League after all. Or have done.

Probably more about not being seen to encourage something that most countries had suspended I expect. It could also be seen as showing indirect support for their loony president too I guess. Also, crowds were allowed and you`d get people saying `if they can, why can`t we?`

The K-League is different in that other countries are starting up again, they`re just a bit ahead of the rest and it`s behind closed doors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Probably more about not being seen to encourage something that most countries had suspended I expect. It could also be seen as showing indirect support for their loony president too I guess. Also, crowds were allowed and you`d get people saying `if they can, why can`t we?`

The K-League is different in that other countries are starting up again, they`re just a bit ahead of the rest and it`s behind closed doors.

Thanks- that all makes sense. Esp. the behind closed doors bit and not wanting to encourage.

Any live football on TV right now would be great though, IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PhilC said:

 

Exactly. I have watched a couple of good games but it's just not the same.

Yeah I agree...however sky are currently showing the Man Utd v arsenal game from 2002 when Wiltord scored and won the title...great viewing as someone who likes arsenal.

just looking at the team sheets their were some proper ballers playing that night

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Yeah I agree...however sky are currently showing the Man Utd v arsenal game from 2002 when Wiltord scored and won the title...great viewing as someone who likes arsenal.

just looking at the team sheets their were some proper ballers playing that night

They had Arsenal 2-4 Man Utd from 2005 on the other night, the one where Keane and Vieria had a row in the tunnel before. Had a bit of everything that game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/05/2020 at 21:05, downendcity said:

FFS!

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the moment, to be honest,  I'm not particularly bothered whether there is live footy on TV, even less so that it's in S Korea.

Bill Shankly once famously said "Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you it's much more serious than that". If the current situation has taught us anything, it is that in the greater scheme of things life or death are much, much more serious than football.

Football will be back when the time is right, and when peoples health and lives are safe and secure and that's when I'll be looking forward to it.

 

 

Being in Lockdown can have some difficult moments.

Hang in there Mate :thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bpexile said:

Being in Lockdown can have some difficult moments.

Hang in there Mate :thumbsup:

Im fine thanks. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, David Brent said:

Watched several K-League games live. There’s some very good players

Two Ozzie Socceroos Terry Antonis former Melbourne and Sydney player and Adam Taggart played for suwon who ended up loosing. Apparently the broadcast went to nearly 40 countries around the world. 

Even though played behind closed doors it was a great idea to get chants from supporters being piped in to the stadium and banners being displayed around the empty stands.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/05/2020 at 18:35, MC RISK77 said:

Yeah I agree...however sky are currently showing the Man Utd v arsenal game from 2002 when Wiltord scored and won the title...great viewing as someone who likes arsenal.

just looking at the team sheets their were some proper ballers playing that night

Cracking game that! You might suppose that some of the 'tasty' challenges going in that, had the game been played under current rules, it might have ended 8 a side!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...