IGNORED

SC&T Survey Results: Fans Call for Refunds

Blagdon red

When I think about this situation. Our ground holds around 27000. nearly 31,000 people have died of this virus. I don't think I could bring myself to watch the remaining games this season on TV whilst people are still dying in hospital. If I was offered a refund I'd probably give it to charity. As for next season if there is no vaccine, or no antibody test available then it seems unlikely any fans will be returning to football matches so I will definitely be asking for a refund for that season.

On 09/05/2020 at 11:01, Bristol Rob said:

Re the players, they are (I'm guessing) an asset on a balance sheet, so it's understandable they are treated differently.

If someone who works in the match day office says, 'I want to leave, I'm hoping to get a move to the Bristol Hippodrome to sell ticket for them' the club aren't going to demand 20million quid and a 30% sell on if they then move to the Old Vic.

If a player says they want a move, they dynamic changes.

Leeds leapt first- no wages, for football and football related staff- in order so all others could get paid.

Now granted it was a deferral but a 100% deferral unless I've misread it.

Contractual terms are one thing but it's about doing what's right in exceptional times- you've either got it, or you ain't.

Not singling us out incidentally, most are in the same boat clubs and players wise.

We're somewhere in the middle tbh. Clubs where players have taken a hit to ensure non playing staff get paid in full- they're top class, deferral or not and even higher calibre if it's a cut!

Well maybe a little harsh by me, my point- praising Leeds and some other clubs here or abroad moreso.

Archived