IGNORED

Foolproof way to finish to season.

Rich

As per title. I've worked out a foolproof way to finish the season for all leagues, from Premier down to the fourth tier, there is no fifth tier. It's also a plan that I don't think anyone could object to on any sound grounds. Lower tiers could also adopt the format.

I propose that all teams only play their home fixtures. Obviously it would still have to be behind closed doors but, think about it.

There'd be no worry about social distancing from the opposition teams.

Hopefully no injury or disciplinary problems.

There'd be no need for teams to travel, so less expenses.

You wouldn't get away supporters traveling and causing trouble.

Here's the best one, we might get enough points to reach the play offs, if we can improve our home form.

Obviously there'd have to be some sort of official observer, otherwise you'd get some teams cheating and saying they've won a game, instead of pinching a last minute equaliser to actually draw the game.

Are there any other benefits you can suggest for this idea of mine? I'm thinking of putting it to the EFL.

36 minutes ago, Rich said:

As per title. I've worked out a foolproof way to finish the season for all leagues, from Premier down to the fourth tier, there is no fifth tier. It's also a plan that I don't think anyone could object to on any sound grounds. Lower tiers could also adopt the format.

I propose that all teams only play their home fixtures. Obviously it would still have to be behind closed doors but, think about it.

Here's the best one, we might get enough points to reach the play offs, if we can improve our home form.

Obviously there'd have to be some sort of official observer, otherwise you'd get some teams cheating and saying they've won a game, instead of pinching a last minute equaliser to actually draw the game.

Are there any other benefits you can suggest for this idea of mine? I'm thinking of putting it to the EFL.

What happens if we win the toss, change ends and surrender kick off?

28 minutes ago, Rich said:

Rich, 

One thing this pandemic has revealed is how selfish we have been in society. We need to think of others more and less of ourselves and who we are in terms of money earned.

Therefore, I suggest we put my above mini-rant into your proposal. The amended proposal would only change one word which is to substitute home with away! All fixtures are based on the remaining away games. It will be difficult to arrange!

Consequently,  is BCFC putting other teams first in finances and travel?

Yes

Of course this amendment has nothing to do with our away form.... not at all.... not in the slightest!

39 minutes ago, Rich said:

NOT foolproof I'm afraid. Newcastle may well struggle.

9 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Rich, 

One thing this pandemic has revealed is how selfish we have been in society. We need to think of others more and less of ourselves and who we are in terms of money earned.

Therefore, I suggest we put my above mini-rant into your proposal. The amended proposal would only change one word which is to substitute home with away! All fixtures are based on the remaining away games. It will be difficult to arrange!

Yes

Of course this amendment has nothing to do with our away form.... not at all.... not in the slightest!

S

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

We'd just have to win our personal battles, before playing the game with our own identity.

6 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Rich, 

Yes

We've always been too accommodating towards other teams.

45 minutes ago, Rich said:

Samaritans can be contacted on 116123.

It's good to talk things through.

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Samaritans can be contacted on 116123. It's good to talk things through.

Thank Tone, I'll bet you never had to look the number up, it's on speed dial.

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I'm a City fan, of course it's on speed dial.

Then I'd like to let you know that I'm on first name terms with the volunteers.

3 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Aha. I will have a vowel please Tone

A ?

43 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Clean sheet till half time when we get the ball, only problem is if we then put it out for a goal kick or throw in....

32 minutes ago, Rich said:

Then I'd like to let you know that I'm on first name terms with the volunteers.

Lee's the best one and has excuses for every occasion. He does sound familiar though as do Jamie and Dean.

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Lee's the best one who has excuses for every occasion. He does sound familiar though as do Jamie and Dean.

The three wise men!

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

What ?

That's him.

15 minutes ago, hodge said:

Clean sheet till half time when we get the ball, only problem is if we then put it out for a goal kick or throw in....

That's the problem with our home form, we need to score from the kick off.

1 hour ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Wooooow, you really have NOT thought this through..

Sure, we play all our how games.. against who?!?

This has to be thread of the year right here Rich! ?

WHOOOOoooooooOOOSH

Are you serious?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Alcohol, sunshine and self isolation is such a rewarding time

Not touched a drop Phantom, just thought it would be a bit of fun.

Archived