IGNORED

Foolproof way to finish to season.

Rich

5 hours ago, Rich said:

As per title. I've worked out a foolproof way to finish the season for all leagues, from Premier down to the fourth tier, there is no fifth tier. It's also a plan that I don't think anyone could object to on any sound grounds. Lower tiers could also adopt the format.

I propose that all teams only play their home fixtures. Obviously it would still have to be behind closed doors but, think about it.

There'd be no worry about social distancing from the opposition teams.

Hopefully no injury or disciplinary problems.

There'd be no need for teams to travel, so less expenses.

You wouldn't get away supporters traveling and causing trouble.

Here's the best one, we might get enough points to reach the play offs, if we can improve our home form.

Obviously there'd have to be some sort of official observer, otherwise you'd get some teams cheating and saying they've won a game, instead of pinching a last minute equaliser to actually draw the game.

Are there any other benefits you can suggest for this idea of mine? I'm thinking of putting it to the EFL.

Great I hope we don’t lose the toss!

I also predict 1-0 wins!!!

21 hours ago, Rich said:

As per title. I've worked out a foolproof way to finish the season for all leagues, from Premier down to the fourth tier, there is no fifth tier. It's also a plan that I don't think anyone could object to on any sound grounds. Lower tiers could also adopt the format.

I propose that all teams only play their home fixtures. Obviously it would still have to be behind closed doors but, think about it.

There'd be no worry about social distancing from the opposition teams.

Hopefully no injury or disciplinary problems.

There'd be no need for teams to travel, so less expenses.

You wouldn't get away supporters traveling and causing trouble.

Here's the best one, we might get enough points to reach the play offs, if we can improve our home form.

Obviously there'd have to be some sort of official observer, otherwise you'd get some teams cheating and saying they've won a game, instead of pinching a last minute equaliser to actually draw the game.

Are there any other benefits you can suggest for this idea of mine? I'm thinking of putting it to the EFL.

So we have 5 home games to play and we would still have to go away to the other 4 games to satisfy that clubs home fixtures. We still finish up playing 9 games that were planned anyway?

1 hour ago, KernowRed said:

So we have 5 home games to play and we would still have to go away to the other 4 games to satisfy that clubs home fixtures. We still finish up playing 9 games that were planned anyway?

Do you want a wooosh?

We still don't make the play-offs if all Home teams were awarded a 1-0 win as we have 5 left and so do Preston who are above us.

We need some serious financial fair play penalties in terms of points deductions imposed against a few clubs above us and we will win automatic promotion.

Archived