IGNORED

Premier League B to "save" EFL

Unan

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm not sure if I actually mean this, or not... 

But I think i'd rather we went bust, than became some Premier league teams official bitch. 

I couldn't follow Chelsea 'B', I'm a supporter of Bristol City not Chelsea.

TBH, IF this was ever on the table, I would imagine it would be aimed at L2 clubs and not the likes of us. 

That would be an absolute mockery of football.

The endgame is Manchester City has 92 teams playing each other over the leagues with everyobdy else stuck in the conference and below.

I would hate it even if it was us.  The premier league comprises 20 Bristol City teams Bristol City A - Bristol City T all palying each other.

Marvellous.

I support Bristol City K.

Greed, greed and more greed.

Just like Bolton, Brighton know that when their dalliance with the prem is over, they will slip back to where they came from.

Just like Bolton etc. they’re desperate to think of any back door way to hang on to the loot. 

On 09/05/2020 at 21:00, 054123 said:

Greed, greed and more greed.

Just like Bolton, Brighton know that when their dalliance with the prem is over, they will slip back to where they came from.

Just like Bolton etc. they’re desperate to think of any back door way to hang on to the loot. 

No reason Brighton can't even when coming down stabilise at Championship, but yes that is a possibility.

Reminds me of the Bradford City owner when they were in the Premier League. He selfishly, actively, campaigned for a "closed shop" with no relegation.

Greedy, nasty and they got their just desserts.

There are too many clubs big enough and good enough to more than fill the second tier of English football to even consider having Prem "B" teams in the same league.

9 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Reminds me of the Bradford City owner when they were in the Premier League. He selfishly, actively, campaigned for a "closed shop" with no relegation.

Greedy, nasty and they got their just desserts.

There are too many clubs big enough and good enough to more than fill the second tier of English football to even consider having Prem "B" teams in the same league.

I remember Bolton campaigning for closed shop, did Bradford as well? That was quite a bit earlier

Football will die for me if this were ever to pass.

How would the FA and League cup play out.  Round 3 draw could be Chelsea B v Chelsea.

There are enough well run non-league teams to take the place of those league clubs who cannot manage their finance's.   However I am no expert on non-league football, I'll leave that to our "friends" at Moron FC

15 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

Football will die for me if this were ever to pass.

How would the FA and League cup play out.  Round 3 draw could be Chelsea B v Chelsea.

There are enough well run non-league teams to take the place of those league clubs who cannot manage their finance's.   However I am no expert on non-league football, I'll leave that to our "friends" at Moron FC

How does it work in the Dutch league and in Spain??  Is Ajax allowed to play jong Ajax and Barcelona allowed to play Barcelona B??? 

4 hours ago, redpole said:

How does it work in the Dutch league and in Spain??  Is Ajax allowed to play jong Ajax and Barcelona allowed to play Barcelona B??? 

I'm sure that Spain abandoned it and Barcelona B now play in Segunda B rather than Segunda.

With Eerste, the B/Youth teams aren't allowed to win promotion to the same league as the A team....I think the place goes to the next non-B team.  I presume the A & B teams are either kept apart in cup draws or the B teams don't enter.

Simon Jordan wrote a good piece in the sun, suggesting that the premiership and championship bundle their tv rights together with either a 70:30 or 80:20 split i can’t remember which and a salary cap similar to rugby and in return the parachute payments would be abolished 

3 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

I'm sure that Spain abandoned it and Barcelona B now play in Segunda B rather than Segunda.

With Eerste, the B/Youth teams aren't allowed to win promotion to the same league as the A team....I think the place goes to the next non-B team.  I presume the A & B teams are either kept apart in cup draws or the B teams don't enter.

Correct...complicated and unnessary

3 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

I believe that is the case, have read similar before.

However, there must be a limit on that though?

Otherwise theoretically (using this season's teams) you could have 5th/6th as the 2 promotion places and 7th-12 as their playoff spots. Which seems ridiculous. Applied to last seasons Championship table would have meant only 64 points for the last playoff spot (in the extreme case)

21 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I believe that is the case, have read similar before.

However, there must be a limit on that though?

Otherwise theoretically (using this season's teams) you could have 5th/6th as the 2 promotion places and 7th-12 as their playoff spots. Which seems ridiculous. Applied to last seasons Championship table would have meant only 64 points for the last playoff spot (in the extreme case)

It definitely used to be the case a few years back. Barcelona B regularly did really well in the second division but wouldn`t have been allowed to go up.

What would have been interesting is the completely unfeasible situation of Barca A having a totally awful season and getting relegated...……………......……..

36 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It definitely used to be the case a few years back. Barcelona B regularly did really well in the second division but wouldn`t have been allowed to go up.

What would have been interesting is the completely unfeasible situation of Barca A having a totally awful season and getting relegated...……………......……..

I think I can answer that.

The next season wouldn't take place as the entire population of the world* had died from laughing too hard

*the exception being Barcelona fans

Archived