IGNORED

Non-English teams you don't like

Unan

Galatasary for obvious reasons.

CSKA Moscow - think they are something they are not.

Marseille - Horrible fans

Anything with Red Bull as mentioned above

Bayern Munich as mentioned above - also self righteous p***ks 

LA Galaxy - They still harp on about signing David Beckham 13 years ago

What makes me laugh is how so many people, yes including me who said PSG, failed to follow the instructions in the OP!

I think it's that there are clubs that we really dislike and can't wait to post so don't read the OP properly.

In my admittedly weak defence I was going to put Celtic then saw that Old Firm was excluded so went to the next one without reading the second line of the OP!

Undoubtedly Real Madrid. Never liked them! 

PSG...petroclub. Though in a way it's surprising a city like Paris never had a major side in Europe pre Qatar. Still though, petro!!

Points about Atletico, think they've got worse and more cynical over time despite spending more and getting in a lot of cases better players on paper. First few seasons there, they were relatively free scoring.

Nonetheless, his body of work there, especially first few seasons is quite impressive IMO given dominance of big 2. They also were for a while a genuine 3rd Spanish force in Europe too.

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

What makes me laugh is how so many people, yes including me who said PSG, failed to follow the instructions in the OP!

I think it's that there are clubs that we really dislike and can't wait to post so don't read the OP properly.

In my admittedly weak defence I was going to put Celtic then saw that Old Firm was excluded so went to the next one without reading the second line of the OP!

I would have also put Celtic.  Damn you OP.

16 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

And St pauli in Germany

When I lived in Hamburg for a couple of years in the 90's St. Pauli were always my favourite. City centre location, underdogs to HSV, cracking atmosphere in a tightly packed traditional ground rather than HSV'S souless out of town ground and importantly, beers on the Reeperbahn next door before and after the game....good times✌️✌️? 

4 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Rangers, Willem II (something about them, can't quite put my finger on it) Hearts, Airdrie, Linfield, Shamrock Rovers and Benfica.

Edit: Sorry , missed the bit about the old Firm. As only one of them is left, does that mean I can have the tribute act that replaced them :)

5 hours ago, lenred said:

Always makes me laugh the amount of Celtic ‘haters’ on here.  

They hate England, they hate anyone who is English for things most know very little about, imagine being that small minded to hate an entire Nation. Very small minded. Same for Rangers fans who hate Ireland.

6 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

3 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

I would have also put Celtic.  Damn you OP.

What I meant in my original post was...

"Outside of Cardiff and the old firm clubs, the other clubs I dislike, are Barcelona & PSG. "

6 hours ago, lenred said:

Always makes me laugh the amount of Celtic ‘haters’ on here.  

Honestly, as someone that was born and raised in Bristol and grew up in a family with heavy Celtic-supporting Irish/Scots heritage, and as someone who also supports them, I find it very easy to see why so many people dislike the club. They are (and make themselves) an exceptionally easy target. Often football clubs that show any sort of political leanings open the door to being disliked, but Celtic (or the support) are overtly political and often anti-British. They've often let the fans get away with far too much and they also win all the time. Also, their arch rivals are a side that not only play up to the pro-England/Britain agenda as much as possible, but are also currently managed by a legend of English football.

It still remains the case for many that if you are English, Northern Irish, politically lean a certain way, have any sort of military background or connection, Protestant or these days are a Liverpool supporter that grew up in the Gerrard era, they are very easy to dislike.

From my experience those that dislike Celtic (and actually those that dislike most things) generally fit into two piles fairly comfortably;

- Those that don't really like them (possibly for one of the reasons above or for one of countless others), can articulate it fairly well, but actually it's a bit meh and it's more because it seems the right thing to do as a British person, and

- Those that are a little more deranged about it, and actually the mention of Celtic affects them a little more than it should do. I suspect they have a rehearsed speech they could regurgitate about the reasons if necessary, but actually their level of intelligence makes it easier to just throw out weird things that no adult should like 'Septic' and '1690'.

Ultimately, I find it reassuring that those that dislike Celtic are CLEARLY less intelligent because they couldn't follow the simple question in the OP ?

Real Madrid, not just because they were Franco's team, but in the last 10 years, despite having some of the best players on the planet, their 'style' has bored me. They seem to be a collection of individuals rather than a team. 

Lazio, although to be honest it's more their fascist ultras than the club per se. 

1 hour ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

Honestly, as someone that was born and raised in Bristol and grew up in a family with heavy Celtic-supporting Irish/Scots heritage, and as someone who also supports them, I find it very easy to see why so many people dislike the club. They are (and make themselves) an exceptionally easy target. Often football clubs that show any sort of political leanings open the door to being disliked, but Celtic (or the support) are overtly political and often anti-British. They've often let the fans get away with far too much and they also win all the time. Also, their arch rivals are a side that not only play up to the pro-England/Britain agenda as much as possible, but are also currently managed by a legend of English football.

It still remains the case for many that if you are English, Northern Irish, politically lean a certain way, have any sort of military background or connection, Protestant or these days are a Liverpool supporter that grew up in the Gerrard era, they are very easy to dislike.

From my experience those that dislike Celtic (and actually those that dislike most things) generally fit into two piles fairly comfortably;

- Those that don't really like them (possibly for one of the reasons above or for one of countless others), can articulate it fairly well, but actually it's a bit meh and it's more because it seems the right thing to do as a British person, and

- Those that are a little more deranged about it, and actually the mention of Celtic affects them a little more than it should do. I suspect they have a rehearsed speech they could regurgitate about the reasons if necessary, but actually their level of intelligence makes it easier to just throw out weird things that no adult should like 'Septic' and '1690'.

Ultimately, I find it reassuring that those that dislike Celtic are CLEARLY less intelligent because they couldn't follow the simple question in the OP ?

it does say non English teams you don't like , I just assumed celtic were non English.

3 hours ago, matalan12 said:

genuinely surprised no one has mentioned Atletico Madrid. Boring, defensive minded, time wasting style of football. Cheating at every opportunity. 1st leg at home to Liverpool was a disgrace. Diego Costa. Diego Simeone. Godin. the list goes on and on.

And just cos theyve both got a lot of mentions, dont mind celtic, think theyre ultra support is class, best in Britain by a long long way.

Dont mind PSG either. added another potentially challenger to Champions League contenders, cant be bad.

Depends how far back you go. First few years under Simeone they were relatively free scoring. Talking a few years back however.

Achievements were also notable given their budget too. Check their wage bill in early 2010s as set against the big two in Spain. Winning it was highly impressive- as was reaching the CL final and another two years on.

Their title was notable for a few reasons. Former hero (Simeone) returns to revive a club in chaos and haemorraging money. Wins Europa League first year, finishing 5th.

Becomes the third force the following year, and then wins La Liga while reaching CL final, their first in 40 years.

A really impressive body of work. Think they scored over 100 goals in all competitions that year so some of the claims are questionable.

4 hours ago, matalan12 said:

genuinely surprised no one has mentioned Atletico Madrid. Boring, defensive minded, time wasting style of football. Cheating at every opportunity. 1st leg at home to Liverpool was a disgrace. Diego Costa. Diego Simeone. Godin. the list goes on and on.

And just cos theyve both got a lot of mentions, dont mind celtic, think theyre ultra support is class, best in Britain by a long long way.

Dont mind PSG either. added another potentially challenger to Champions League contenders, cant be bad.

I actually love the way Atletico play, very clever coach with very good players, the plan is, don’t concede, short sharp passing, and counter attack well.

As I’ve got older I’ve learned to respect different styles of football, I just hate the long ball game. 

I really can’t think of any foreign club I ‘hate’ , if I had to hate anything in football I would say the Premier League! 

Archived