IGNORED

Anybody own this shirt?

Aipearcey

57 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

does anyone own this third shirt from the 1999-2000 shirt and would be interested in selling?

BF2B9106-0580-4B3E-ABAE-611E746C5725.jpeg

Pretty sure i have one, but it will be in storage if i do and I have no way of getting to it until restrictions are lifted here (northern California). I definitely had ome and i have a city short collection in storage. If I do it will be in XL and may well have "Hood" (my surname) on the back. If its there as ot would be going to a fellow city fan who might get some use out of it - I'd happily give it to you for the cost of postage from USA. Like i say I'm not sure when I can get into my unit with everything that's going on and not 100% certain I still have that one  - so there may be someone else who can can help you out sooner or who definitely has it but I'll let you know ASAP. 

6 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Pretty sure i have one, but it will be in storage if i do and I have no way of getting to it until restrictions are lifted here (northern California). I definitely had ome and i have a city short collection in storage. If I do it will be in XL and may well have "Hood" (my surname) on the back. If its there as ot would be going to a fellow city fan who might get some use out of it - I'd happily give it to you for the cost of postage from USA. Like i say I'm not sure when I can get into my unit with everything that's going on and not 100% certain I still have that one  - so there may be someone else who can can help you out sooner or who definitely has it but I'll let you know ASAP. 

That would be amazing if you do find it and would happily give you extra as thanks! I remember seeing it in the old club shop as a kid and really wanting it due to its quirkinesses but never actually got bought one, then seen it on a photo of it and brought back the memories 

These were only sold in a very limited amount of sizes and just a single order was made by the club to Uhlsport because at the time they didn’t sell that well. 

I’ve been looking out for one of these for my collection, for many years, but I’ve not seen a good/mint one for sale.

At current market values I’d say it’s at least a £100+ shirt all day long. 

3 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

These were only sold in a very limited amount of sizes and just a single order was made by the club to Uhlsport because at the time they didn’t sell that well. 

This is what I didn’t understand at the time. Many people I knew who were my age wanted one. I know one lad who actually had one but he was working at the club.

Thing is, 20 years ago there was no Social Media like we have today, maybe I just missed the boat. But I’m sure they sold out of these quite quickly?

53 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

I’ve been looking out for one of these for my collection, for many years, but I’ve not seen a good/mint one for sale.

If you’d be interested in making me an offer DM me. I collect them too but always happy to listen ??

1 hour ago, kmpowell said:

Firstly , £100 ?? **** me ?

52 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

This is what I didn’t understand at the time. Many people I knew who were my age wanted one. I know one lad who actually had one but he was working at the club.

Thing is, 20 years ago there was no Social Media like we have today, maybe I just missed the boat. But I’m sure they sold out of these quite quickly?

Didn't realise they were limited, I assumed I did what I usually did and waited until the new shirt came out and got the old one for a nock down price. The alternative is, I got it because I thought it was fuckugly or unusual, just don't remember. Only recently I learned it was only worn about once.

6 hours ago, Aipearcey said:

does anyone own this third shirt from the 1999-2000 shirt and would be interested in selling?

I borrowed one of these off a mate to wear on soccer am before the Stoke Wembley final, but I later acquired one of Scott Murray’s long sleeved match versions. Would let it go for a charity donation, not sure what figure to suggest.

C82FE577-7A4D-48B4-B16F-1789EC99CC98.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Atyeo's Love Child said:

I borrowed one of these off a mate to wear on soccer am before the Stoke Wembley final, but I later acquired one of Scott Murray’s long sleeved match versions. Would let it go for a charity donation, not sure what figure to suggest.

C82FE577-7A4D-48B4-B16F-1789EC99CC98.jpeg

I have made an offer of £125 plus postage to one of the posters on this thread but would be happy to donate the same amount to a charity of your choice if you were willing to let it go

22 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

I have made an offer of £125 plus postage to one of the posters on this thread but would be happy to donate the same amount to a charity of your choice if you were willing to let it go

Happy with that, PM me your address...

And I would pick the South West Children's Hospice that the club supports.

51 minutes ago, Atyeo's Love Child said:

Happy with that, PM me your address...

And I would pick the South West Children's Hospice that the club supports.

A great gesture from both posters and everyone is a winner well done 

Any shirts with dry blackthorn will fetch £50 to £100 on eBay 

also the yellow and green shirt from the 89/90 season on eBay in good condition will fetch roughly the same 

iv seen replace shirts from the old division 1 days go for good money as well properly du to being rare 

For those interested in shirts... give @bcfcshirt a follow on Twitter. They've been tweeting a history of city shirts in chronological order. Up to 2013/14 now.

4 hours ago, Atyeo's Love Child said:

Not sure if this one is collectable, but also happy to sell this for a charity donation...

73691CD8-1FB2-4F52-9FB8-2EAEACA20249.jpeg

There was no give in the collar on this one at all. I always struggled to take it on and off!

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

Just out of interest, what other City shirts are considered rare or collectible?

Any shirt in which Bas Savage scored the winning goal would probably generate a fair bit of interest. 

8 hours ago, bcfcshorey said:

For those interested in shirts... give @bcfcshirt a follow on Twitter. They've been tweeting a history of city shirts in chronological order. Up to 2013/14 now.

There was no give in the collar on this one at all. I always struggled to take it on and off!

Agreed. Had this shirt in a xxl just to get my head through the bloody neck!! And yes it was too big at the time.

Actually thinking about it, it's also miles too big again now! Happy days.

Does anyone remember the black auto windscreens shirt the shop sold must be 94ish - possibly with red piping. Wasn’t any official kit as such but a very nice design. I had one.. somewhere 

18 hours ago, Robin101 said:

Just out of interest, what other City shirts are considered rare or collectible?

Lots of rare shirts from the 70's and early 80's, but the rarest shirt/kit from the 90's (when replica shirts became mainstream) through to today is most certainly this 3rd kit which was a reverse of the legendary purple and lime:

51NB3Bxg0EL.jpg

Used once in 93/94 (versus West Ham, we lost 2-0), but never sold, and to the best of my knowledge all thrown away. There used to be one hanging up in the legends bar, so there's at least one in existence which I suspect the club still have somewhere, but none have ever surfaced. I've spent years trying to track one down, but to no avail.

In 94/95 when we changed to Auto Windscreens and a crest badge, the colour scheme was very briefly used again for the 3rd kit in late 94 (eventually being replaced with a black shirt in 95) and those shirts are sometimes available because player kit sets made it out into the public domain, probably given away by the club.

But the DBC sponsor & Robin version from 93/94 is something that eludes us collectors. :)

On 10/05/2020 at 18:55, Aipearcey said:

Digging back in my memory here. But wasn't this shirt made for the game against Brentford.  Without checking that season we had white away shirts that season.  I have one. 

On 11/05/2020 at 06:12, Robin101 said:

The white shirt we worn at the Freight Rover is one of the most collectible of modern day shirts.  I bought one of eBay about 15 years ago.  Paid over $100 (pounds not dollars...dont have a pound sign on keyboard)

It was accidentally thrown out along with about 25 other England/Bristol City shirts during a move a few months after getting it...... still havent got over that one.

On 12/05/2020 at 08:59, kmpowell said:

Lots of rare shirts from the 70's and early 80's, but the rarest shirt/kit from the 90's (when replica shirts became mainstream) through to today is most certainly this 3rd kit which was a reverse of the legendary purple and lime:

51NB3Bxg0EL.jpg

Used once in 93/94 (versus West Ham, we lost 2-0), but never sold, and to the best of my knowledge all thrown away. There used to be one hanging up in the legends bar, so there's at least one in existence which I suspect the club still have somewhere, but none have ever surfaced. I've spent years trying to track one down, but to no avail.

In 94/95 when we changed to Auto Windscreens and a crest badge, the colour scheme was very briefly used again for the 3rd kit in late 94 (eventually being replaced with a black shirt in 95) and those shirts are sometimes available because player kit sets made it out into the public domain, probably given away by the club.

But the DBC sponsor & Robin version from 93/94 is something that eludes us collectors. :)

Anyone ever get one of the white and green tops we wore against Brentford play off semi in 96 was it? 

Archived