IGNORED

Mansfield away 2002

Milton Red

I think what people often forget (understandably!) is how good the game had been even at 4-2.

Mansfield went in front, only for us to equalise inside 14 seconds and then go ahead. They then came from behind to lead for a second time, having a man sent off and a penalty saved - albeit converted on the rebound - even before the late drama. And it was bottom v fourth in the league too!

As daft as this'll sound, if it was a Premier League game it'd probably be regarded as one of the all-time classics in English football.

12 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

They're a spiky little bunch, Mansfield.  Pubs near the ground/in town centre are shocking.

i can remember going there in the eighties ,and it being rough by field mill always reminded me of chesterfield a tough little town

5 hours ago, Clarky89 said:

Yup, but the amount of people that claim they were there must mean we filled the home ends too! 

There was a match in the Leyland Daf / Auto Windscreens or whatever it was then back in the 90s away at Shrewsbury where we (in)famously took one fan! Remember meeting so many claiming to be that sole fan that you'd have thought we had a couple of thousand up there :D 

22 hours ago, poland_exile said:

There was a match in the Leyland Daf / Auto Windscreens or whatever it was then back in the 90s away at Shrewsbury where we (in)famously took one fan! Remember meeting so many claiming to be that sole fan that you'd have thought we had a couple of thousand up there :D 

The thing was that the photo was a complete misrepresentation. Most people were sitting in the stand next to the terrace where the sole fan was standing.

Archived