IGNORED

Who is your favourite overseas team?

CyderInACan

As it says. Or if not favourite then certainly the ones who’s results/position in the table you look out for?

i must say I keep an eye out for how Cracovia are getting on (saw them play at home 2yrs ago whilst there on a stag) and also having been to the old San Mamés (la Catedral) I always follow how Athletic Bilbao are doing. 

Also Chicago Fire having seen them play the San José Earthquakes at Soldier Field 15yrs ago. 

Never been fortunate or adventurous enough to have lived abroad (yet!) but know plenty of people who have and followed their local club etc etc and continue to do so 

I quite like- this isn't to say I support but I quite admire sides that rise from trouble or relatively little in modern times budget.

Ajax rising again was quite nice to see.

Atalanta in Italy- check their net spend and check that they rose off the back of selling academy prospects- similar to us and Brentford- and prosper with 3 at the back- similar to Wolves and Sheffield United. Pretty attack minded too, often plenty of goals- can easily be at either end!

Borussia Dortmund under Klopp were pleasing as a neutral. Also falling into that category, Monaco under Jardim 3 seasons ago reaching the semis- goals galore again. In fact, on Borussia Dortmund specifically they seem quite fun to watch- not an avid watcher but under Klopp, Tuchel and now current coach- unsure about the other a few seaosns back- they've always been a good watch, or often anyway- sure @Ska Junkie will concur!

Lazio seem quite fun under Inzaghi- but can't like them, went to watch Roma in 2017 on a weekend over there, vs Inter which was quite a good night! Napoli often entertain...Juventus though, for all the cash aren't always as dominant as they should or could be, often looks like they are playing within themselves a bit- surprising!

Though not in a similar category, definitely a level of respect for Simeone's body of work at Atletico- and first 3 seasons, 3 and a half seasons either, the much criticised negativity wasn't always so apparent. He's done well there.

Archived