IGNORED

Who is your favourite overseas team?

CyderInACan

• SC&T Board Members
36 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

If you haven't got a German team, maybe this can help you decide.

I'm going for Union Berlin. Nice red strip + they aren't Bayern.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52632680

Good choice!

Two tough games coming up, though. Bayern at home tomorrow and then the derby at Hertha next weekend... and Hertha are used to playing in a cavernous stadium with no atmosphere!!

On 13/05/2020 at 19:57, The Gasbuster said:

Rangers

Lazio

Inter Milan

Your profile (displaying the Ulster Banner, your 'Queen and Country' tagline), has always stood out to me as quite overtly political.

I'm intrigued how much your selection of teams here is based primarily on their associated politics and beliefs rather than their actual footballing histories?

Was it the far right, neofascist politics of Lazio's Irriducibile that attracted you? Internazionale's own Ultra groups generally sit on the right and have been said to have close ties to Lazio's (Their Curva Nord paid tribute to  the former leader of Lazio's ultras after he was killed). And well, Rangers are Rangers.

Despite us seemingly sitting on polar opposites of the political spectrum, this isn't a knock on your beliefs, I just find the repeated behaviour of Lazio's infamous ultras pretty deplorable.

lazio-anti-semitism.jpg

1 hour ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

Your profile (displaying the Ulster Banner, your 'Queen and Country' tagline), has always stood out to me as quite overtly political.

I'm intrigued how much your selection of teams here is based primarily on their associated politics and beliefs rather than their actual footballing histories?

Was it the far right, neofascist politics of Lazio's Irriducibile that attracted you? Internazionale's own Ultra groups generally sit on the right and have been said to have close ties to Lazio's (Their Curva Nord paid tribute to  the former leader of Lazio's ultras after he was killed). And well, Rangers are Rangers.

Despite us seemingly sitting on polar opposites of the political spectrum, this isn't a knock on your beliefs, I just find the repeated behaviour of Lazio's infamous ultras pretty deplorable.

lazio-anti-semitism.jpg

No.

i started following Lazio when Paul Gascoigne was there.

You will recall that CH4 were showing Serie A when the PL started. Not having Sky at the time meant that CH4 was providing my football fix. Inter Milan were playing some good football at the time.

I have not seen that picture that you posted before. It is deeply upsetting and obviously wrong.

14 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

No.

i started following Lazio when Paul Gascoigne was there.

You will recall that CH4 were showing Serie A when the PL started. Not having Sky at the time meant that CH4 was providing my football fix. Inter Milan were playing some good football at the time.

I have not seen that picture that you posted before. It is deeply upsetting and obviously wrong.

Like you I have a soft spot for Lazio because Gazza went there and because when I lived in London Spurs were my second team and there were quite a few Lazio shirts in the crowd.

You can like a particular club without having to either know or agree with every action of that club and its supporters.

I didn't like it when the gates of the Memorial Ground were vandalised by City fans but I don't then go on to extend that action to having the support and approval of everyone connected with Bristol City.

56 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Like you I have a soft spot for Lazio because Gazza went there and because when I lived in London Spurs were my second team and there were quite a few Lazio shirts in the crowd.

You can like a particular club without having to either know or agree with every action of that club and its supporters.

I didn't like it when the gates of the Memorial Ground were vandalised by City fans but I don't then go on to extend that action to having the support and approval of everyone connected with Bristol City.

I agree completely, and I know a lot of people of a certain age will share a fondness of Lazio based upon Gascoigne and Football Italia.

As I said originally, I was intrigued in this one case because of Gasbuster's profile appearing to be overtly political and the teams he mentioned also appearing to swing a certain way politically. Hopefully he sees my post as no harm, no foul as it was just a query to see if it was connected more than anything else.

8 hours ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

lazio-anti-semitism.jpg

I like Lazio and St Pauli 

Archived