IGNORED

Worst thing you've seen on a football pitch (Non-City addition)

Unan

1 hour ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Often thought about this, ex Man City player wants to give his former club the upper hand, helping them pip there derby rivals to the title, did he need to make the foul? Not really, but giving Man City 10 to play against helped

The worst thing I've ever seen happened in a game I was playing in down at DRG in a County league game about 25 years ago. Double fracture of tibia & fibula, in an innocuous challenge on one of my team mates. What made it worse (as we found out later) was that one of the shattered bones had pierced the artery, so his leg was filling up with blood, which no-one realised at the time.

Someone miraculously managed to flag down an ambulance which was returning to Frenchay with another broken leg victim from another local game at Tenniscourt Road.

The Paramedics took one look, realised the extent of the injury and went into turbo mode. He couldn't be moved so they had to reverse onto the pitch to load him up and get him straight into surgery. We found out after that he had to be resuscitated on the way due to shock and loss of blood.

Happily, he made a full recovery after many operations and even tried to make a comeback a couple of years later.

Other than that, and to brighten the mood a little after depressing everyone, Rivaldo's face-clutching dastardliness to get a Turkish player sent off in the '02 World Cup:

Just now, Oops said:

The worst thing I've ever seen happened in a game I was playing in down at DRG in a County league game about 25 years ago. Double fracture of tibia & fibula, in an innocuous challenge on one of my team mates. What made it worse (as we found out later) was that one of the shattered bones had pierced the artery, so his leg was filling up with blood, which no-one realised at the time.

Someone miraculously managed to flag down an ambulance which was returning to Frenchay with another broken leg victim from another local game at Tenniscourt Road.

The Paramedics took one look, realised the extent of the injury and went into turbo mode. He couldn't be moved so they had to reverse onto the pitch to load him up and get him straight into surgery. We found out after that he had to be resuscitated on the way due to shock and loss of blood.

Happily, he made a full recovery after many operations and even tried to make a comeback a couple of years later.

Other than that, and to brighten the mood a little after depressing everyone, Rivaldo's face-clutching dastardliness to get a Turkish player sent off in the '02 World Cup:

That was one that crossed my mind this morning. Absolutely shameless cheating.

Suarez biting incident probably for me.

Also watched a leg break at Chippenham a couple of years back which was horrible to see.

Been on the receiving end myself, took a knee to the head and suffered several fractures. Luckily didnt have to "see" that one myself

1 hour ago, Oops said:

Rivaldo came to mind straight away. It was so blatant as well. Understandable that the referee could have missed it, but the linesman stood right next to/behind him?

Ronaldo with the wink for Portugal against Rooney as well. Rooneys stupidity cost him, but it was the snidey wink afterwards that just said "yeah I knew what he was going to do so let's go on and win it".

14 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Often thought about this, ex Man City player wants to give his former club the upper hand, helping them pip there derby rivals to the title, did he need to make the foul? Not really, but giving Man City 10 to play against helped

After he had the red card  Shaun Derry told him to try and take a Man City player with him. Trying to even it out.

Archived