IGNORED

Bitcoin

Robbored

35 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I keep getting emails regarding bitcoin. 

Has anyone responded or know anyone who has? 

I don't have access to your inbox so will struggle to respond on your behalf. 

What is the email stating? Bitcoin was a lot of hype by people that know little about investing and attracted a lot of people that could not afford to lose the sum they invested. I haven't heard anything about it for quite some time so assume it has finally crashed? 

17 minutes ago, Coppello said:

What is the email stating? Bitcoin was a lot of hype by people that know little about investing and attracted a lot of people that could not afford to lose the sum they invested. I haven't heard anything about it for quite some time so assume it has finally crashed? 

It's still going, but now that the hype has died down I think the huge gains and losses it used to make make evened out and it is much the same as any other investment these days.

Personally I don't think it will ever make mainstream use, so the long term outlook for it can only really be down. This is probably why it has now become the domain of the scam artist and junk email sender.

I don't need bitcoin as Ive made my fortune thanks to a couple of emails I've received recently.

One, from the USA was from an attorney telling me that Im a beneficiary of a decades person's estate over there and just needs my bank account details so the money can be sent to me once the estate is finalised. The other, from Nigeria, was from a Prince who needs to move twenty million out of the country and just needs a UK bank account into which the funds can be transferred and for the use of my account will pay me a 10% fee.

With all the email scams going around it's lucky that Im dealing with such highly regarded and respected people as an attorney and a prince, so I have nothing to worry about and am just waiting for the money to arrive!

1 hour ago, Coppello said:

There are several types of bitcoin emails. One offers me a ‘unique’ code and others telling me how much I can earn...........:cool2:

I delete them all but they are so frequent I thought I’d ask if anyone knows more about bitcoin than I do.

Bitcoin won't ever make mainstream use, it's just too slow and expensive I've asure that a certain type of cryptocurrency will do though. It's just better at being money than money is, but as it stands, for some reason one of the worst cryptocurrencies is actually the most well known.

• Admin

As I am in lockdown at the moment and bored senseless I thought that I would go along with one of the messages I had on Instagram.

I'm currently being offered a "once in a lifetime investment" I said I only had a work phone so was unable to install the bitcoin app, so they said they would happily invest for me if I sent them £200

The funny thing with this user I thought I would search her name and found 10 users all with the same name. One of them actually has a number of pictures and videos of a lady who appears to be in the US Army, when I asked the person messaging me why she had a fake picture she said they used a photo of someone that wouldn't trace them back and that would look trustworthy - the odd thing they used the same name !!

I do wonder whether the lady in the US Army is involved somewhere along the line, but her profiles still updates with photos and videos that look up to date

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

There are several types of bitcoin emails. One offers me a ‘unique’ code and others telling me how much I can earn...........:cool2:

I delete them all but they are so frequent I thought I’d ask if anyone knows more about bitcoin than I do.

Robbo, I am a Bitcoin guru. Send me a couple of grand and i will work my magic for you.

18 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Bitcoin won't ever make mainstream use, it's just too slow and expensive I've asure that a certain type of cryptocurrency will do though. It's just better at being money than money is, but as it stands, for some reason one of the worst cryptocurrencies is actually the most well known.

That's correct in my estimation.

I don't go anywhere near it because I have a rule about investing: don't buy something that you don't fully understand.

And I don't.

There is a virtual currency thread on another forum I use and a key investment point seems to be when virtual currencies spawn a second one. People are certainly making money out of it.

I don't see them ever going mainstream as countries will legislate against them but their popularity amongst computer geeks and criminals means that they will continue in some form.

Another factor is that they don't have the controls and security of normal FIAT currency with the Mtgox scandal in Japan costing people loads and a more recent one where the core records of the currency were on a single password protected laptop of the founder who died. The laptop could not be accessed so that currency ended and became worthless overnight.

That didn't even happen in the Weimar Republic.

Yeah there have been some absolute. horror stories - that's not to say that is the case for all cryptocurrencies though. We're in the earliest days of it, and that means working out the best way to do things. There are a couple I keep a keen eye on to see where they go.  In many ways the prices of these things are irrelevant at this stage, it's all about following the best tech.

On 14/05/2020 at 11:30, downendcity said:

I don't need bitcoin as Ive made my fortune thanks to a couple of emails I've received recently.

One, from the USA was from an attorney telling me that Im a beneficiary of a decades person's estate over there and just needs my bank account details so the money can be sent to me once the estate is finalised. The other, from Nigeria, was from a Prince who needs to move twenty million out of the country and just needs a UK bank account into which the funds can be transferred and for the use of my account will pay me a 10% fee.

With all the email scams going around it's lucky that Im dealing with such highly regarded and respected people as an attorney and a prince, so I have nothing to worry about and am just waiting for the money to arrive!

My good fortune continues as I received this today!

Mr. Charles Koch <info@bernina.com>

Sat 16/05/2020 05:56

UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA - AFRICA'S GLOBAL BANK
HEAD OFFICE ADDRESS UBA HOUSE
57 MARINA P.O. BOX 2406 LAGOS NIGERIA
phone no: +234 802 263 0701
FAX: 234 674 478 8273

I Am Mr.Knnedy Uzoka the director cash processing united bank for African the international monetary fund (I.M.F.) in conjunction with Organization of African Unity (A.U) is compensating all the scam victims with $1.500.000.00USD and your email address was found in the scam victim's, the united bank for African and Federal Reserve Bank has been mandated by the (I.M.F) to pay your compensation ($1.500, 000.00USD) in cash through means of diplomatic courier service hand delivery.

Take note that Three thousand united states dollars (usd$3,000) have been mapped out for all expenses in taxes and other documents that matters. Therefore, kindly forward your home address, direct phone number to the below email address
kennedyuzoka907@gmail.com/mruzoka33@aol.com

Regards,
Mr Kennedy Uzoka
Director cash processing unit
United bank of Africa. (U.B.A).
kennedyuzoka907@gmail.com
mruzoka33@aol.com

It seems that not only am I a beneficiary in the estate of someone I never knew and am able to help an African prince move a large sum of money , for which I will be handsomely rewarded, but now a good samaritan is compensating me for a scam in which I was a completely unknowing victim.

When emailing Mr Uzoka, I think I should make sure that the courier  exercises proper social distancing when delivering the cash to my home address. I will also ask that  the money has been properly sterilised before dispatch.

It's good to know that in these difficult times there are decent people out there! I'm now looking forward to things returning to normal so Mrs D and I can enjoy the fruits of my recent good fortune.

8 hours ago, downendcity said:

My good fortune continues as I received this today!

Mr. Charles Koch @bernina.com>

Sat 16/05/2020 05:56

UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA - AFRICA'S GLOBAL BANK
HEAD OFFICE ADDRESS UBA HOUSE
57 MARINA P.O. BOX 2406 LAGOS NIGERIA
FAX: 234 674 478 8273

I Am Mr.Knnedy Uzoka the director cash processing united bank for African the international monetary fund (I.M.F.) in conjunction with Organization of African Unity (A.U) is compensating all the scam victims with $1.500.000.00USD and your email address was found in the scam victim's, the united bank for African and Federal Reserve Bank has been mandated by the (I.M.F) to pay your compensation ($1.500, 000.00USD) in cash through means of diplomatic courier service hand delivery.

Take note that Three thousand united states dollars (usd$3,000) have been mapped out for all expenses in taxes and other documents that matters. Therefore, kindly forward your home address, direct phone number to the below email address
kennedyuzoka907@gmail.com/mruzoka33@aol.com

Regards,
Mr Kennedy Uzoka
Director cash processing unit
United bank of Africa. (U.B.A).
kennedyuzoka907@gmail.com
mruzoka33@aol.com

It seems that not only am I a beneficiary in the estate of someone I never knew and am able to help an African prince move a large sum of money , for which I will be handsomely rewarded, but now a good samaritan is compensating me for a scam in which I was a completely unknowing victim.

When emailing Mr Uzoka, I think I should make sure that the courier  exercises proper social distancing when delivering the cash to my home address. I will also ask that  the money has been properly sterilised before dispatch.

It's good to know that in these difficult times there are decent people out there! I'm now looking forward to things returning to normal so Mrs D and I can enjoy the fruits of my recent good fortune.

Seems legit - booked your box in the Lansdown yet?

I read a book a while back where the author decided to string one of these along big time and ended up scamming them instead. He was so convincing that he persuaded the scammers to fly from Nigeria to London and meet him in Trafalgar Square so he could hand over the huge sum of money he had promised them in person. Needless to say, he filmed two very confused and agitated Nigerians losing their shit big time from a bench nearby! They kept ringing him on the mobile number he had given them and he kept saying he was delayed and I think from memory ended up sending them to various London landmarks saying he would meet them there instead!

40 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Seems legit - booked your box in the Lansdown yet?

I read a book a while back where the author decided to string one of these along big time and ended up scamming them instead. He was so convincing that he persuaded the scammers to fly from Nigeria to London and meet him in Trafalgar Square so he could hand over the huge sum of money he had promised them in person. Needless to say, he filmed two very confused and agitated Nigerians losing their shit big time from a bench nearby! They kept ringing him on the mobile number he had given them and he kept saying he was delayed and I think from memory ended up sending them to various London landmarks saying he would meet them there instead!

A box?

Seats next to Steve and Maggie at the very least! Just waiting for flights and holidays to recommence so I can book Maldvives and a round the world cruise. :) 

Ive read a few stories of people tying up these scammers in knots with a trail of emails, although Ive not previously heard of anyone convincing them to come to the UK. I have come across a few videos on Youtube where computer experts scam telephone scammers and end up planting viruses and disabling the scammers computers - the biter bit!

7 minutes ago, downendcity said:

A box?

Seats next to Steve and Maggie at the very least! Just waiting for flights and holidays to recommence so I can book Maldvives and a round the world cruise. :) 

Ive read a few stories of people tying up these scammers in knots with a trail of emails, although Ive not previously heard of anyone convincing them to come to the UK. I have come across a few videos on Youtube where computer experts scam telephone scammers and end up planting viruses and disabling the scammers computers - the biter bit!

I`ll try and dig out the book tomorrow (if I`ve still got it) and let you know the title - it was something like `Please help me in Jesus name`. The one thing I can remember from it was the name the author used - Mr. Max N Paddy! The scammers obviously didn`t google it!

Edit: `Greetings In Jesus Name - The Scambaiter Letters` by Michael Berry

Archived