IGNORED

Australia NRL/AFL/A LEAGUE

City oz

Great news for supporting fans of sport  in Australia today with announcements from the leading 3 sporting codes. AFL Ozzie rules, NRL Ozzie rugby league and A League Ozzie football (soccer down under )

AFL - Non contact in groups of up to 8 as of May 18 then full scale contact training from May 25. All players will be tested at least 24 hours before each session. New fixtures and accurate details will be released in the next 10 days. The teams across the country will all play in Queensland which means the 2 WA teams Fremantle Dockers ( my team ) West Coast Eagles and the 2 South Australian teams Adelaide crows and Port Adelaide will relocate to Queensland. They have been booked in two very large golf course centers on the Gold Coast in Queensland where they Will make their home.

NRL - Rugby League after 8 weeks of uncertainty training will start in restricted environments on Thursday the 28th of May. Expect to see where all clubs across all state and territories will also be contained in one state to play the remainder of the fixturers.

A League - Still approximately one month away from commencement of training. There are a large number of players that returned back to their original countries in Europe at the start of the Corona virus and are still under strict national travel bans. There are a high number of players in the A League that originally returned to Italy which has around 31K deaths and you can appreciate there would be many other players that returned back to Europe.

In comparison Australia as of today only have a total of 98 deaths and we are very lucky. Things are starting to get back to what used too be normal in WA/SA/NT. In the eastern states like New South Wells, Victoria they still have their challenges mainly due to population numbers in such close areas.

I wish all of those in the UK a great weekend coming up as i hear its going to be some nice weather.

NPL second tier but fantastic first class football are all still silent but looking at making some announcements at the end of May. These clubs would have some severe financial constraints with the impacts of COVID 19 and some smaller ones may not ever unfortunately come back for some time. The NPL is to me is in comparison to what I would call in the old UK days division four. Having said that its great grass routes football and from 50 to 3,000 supporters could attend a match depending on ethnic back grounds and locations.

19 minutes ago, City oz said:

NPL second tier but fantastic first class football are all still silent but looking at making some announcements at the end of May. These clubs would have some severe financial constraints with the impacts of COVID 19 and some smaller ones may not ever unfortunately come back for some time. The NPL is to me is in comparison to what I would call in the old UK days division four. Having said that its great grass routes football and from 50 to 3,000 supporters could attend a match depending on ethnic back grounds and locations.

Thanks buddy.  Great leagues for betting on.  Peninsula Power are the bomb!

17 minutes ago, Super said:

Quite like Ozzie rules. Always used to follow Hawthorn. Are they still the team to beat?

Hawthorn, Geelong, West Coate.

Richmond tigers out of Melbourne though have been the performers of the last two seasons.

2 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Nah, nothing licensed open yet besides supermarkets.  Some pubs are selling bottled beers as takeaways though.

Know it well. Was there last December. My wife was from your area and I was originally a Stockwood boy before that. Also remember some great pubs in Yate from the 80s . How about the Dog Inn in Old Sobery ?? 

I travel for work across the states and the latest i have is no interstate travel will be considered until July 1st. With the slight easing after July 1. After this date the indications are  only business travel within OZ only.

Out of the 21 mill people in OZ there is currently 5.5 mill that have down loaded the Coronas virus APP which tracks you  and notifies you if you have been in contact with any unfortunate persons that have been tested positive. Until the country reaches its final guide lines and goals I suspect no over sees travel until early 2021 will be permitted. Major airports in oz are only still permitting charter flights around repatriation etc. these then are in quarantine for two weeks.

2021 is more likely at this stage. The country financially needs the over sees visitors but i think it is a long way off.

11 hours ago, City oz said:

I travel for work across the states and the latest i have is no interstate travel will be considered until July 1st. With the slight easing after July 1. After this date the indications are  only business travel within OZ only.

Out of the 21 mill people in OZ there is currently 5.5 mill that have down loaded the Coronas virus APP which tracks you  and notifies you if you have been in contact with any unfortunate persons that have been tested positive. Until the country reaches its final guide lines and goals I suspect no over sees travel until early 2021 will be permitted. Major airports in oz are only still permitting charter flights around repatriation etc. these then are in quarantine for two weeks.

2021 is more likely at this stage. The country financially needs the over sees visitors but i think it is a long way off.

I normally visit my parents in Goolwa, South Australia twice a year for 3-4 weeks. They are 95 & 90 years old and as such not in great health. Have this awful feeling that I won't see them again as this pandemic will not disappear anytime soon.

45 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I normally visit my parents in Goolwa, South Australia twice a year for 3-4 weeks. They are 95 & 90 years old and as such not in great health. Have this awful feeling that I won't see them again as this pandemic will not disappear anytime soon.

Hi Tone, I'm pretty much in the same position as you but in reverse, my elderly mum is 93 & just recently gone into a care home & now is very sick. Because of the travel restrictions in Oz I'm unable to get back to Bristol to say my goodbyes so it's a very difficult time for everyone. On another note, in a previous post you mentioned the Gepps Cross Drive In, which I thought had been closed. You were correct my friend, it was rebuilt after the fire but is now closed temporarily because of Covid19.

Stay safe mate ?

19 hours ago, City oz said:

I tend to agree with you. Being in Airlie Beach we rely on the backpackers and holiday goers to a huge degree yet i dont want to jump the gun and resume normality to soon.

8 hours ago, bpexile said:

Hi Tone, I'm pretty much in the same position as you but in reverse, my elderly mum is 93 & just recently gone into a care home & now is very sick. Because of the travel restrictions in Oz I'm unable to get back to Bristol to say my goodbyes so it's a very difficult time for everyone. On another note, in a previous post you mentioned the Gepps Cross Drive In, which I thought had been closed. You were correct my friend, it was rebuilt after the fire but is now closed temporarily because of Covid19.

Stay safe mate ?

Sorry to hear about your Mum. It really is not a good time right now.

My Sister told me about Gepps Cross being open again so am really looking forward to going along when next back.

8 hours ago, bpexile said:

Stay safe mate ?

Makes you wonder now how many City supporters are around in OZ at the moment. With coved 19 it also makes you wonder on the worry of flying back wards and forwards from OZ to the UK and back. Plus with Big Tone  hopping he can get to OZ In time to visit family and your self wishing to get back to the UK with the same reasons.

i have now been in OZ now for 32 years and have been fortunate to get back to the UK several times and the latest trip was last November / December when my dad passed away. Previously I’ve always had that piece of mind that if any thing happens you can always get on a plane but now it makes me think more and more the impacts on loved ones over sees that are especially elderly.

1 hour ago, City oz said:

Makes you wonder now how many City supporters are around in OZ at the moment. With coved 19 it also makes you wonder on the worry of flying back wards and forwards from OZ to the UK and back. Plus with Big Tone  hopping he can get to OZ In time to visit family and your self wishing to get back to the UK with the same reasons.

i have now been in OZ now for 32 years and have been fortunate to get back to the UK several times and the latest trip was last November / December when my dad passed away. Previously I’ve always had that piece of mind that if any thing happens you can always get on a plane but now it makes me think more and more the impacts on loved ones over sees that are especially elderly.

The problem as well would be even if I could get in the country on compassionate grounds i would still have to isolate for 14 days so not much point. Mum has just finished radiation treatment for 3 tumours in her lung and Dad spends more time falling over instead of staying upright (probably pissed but hey ho).

21 minutes ago, BigTone said:

The problem as well would be even if I could get in the country on compassionate grounds i would still have to isolate for 14 days so not much point. Mum has just finished radiation treatment for 3 tumours in her lung and Dad spends more time falling over instead of staying upright (probably pissed but hey ho).

Keep your chin up Big Tone. Lets hope things settle down 

Archived