IGNORED

Extended interview with LEROY LITA

Shtanley

Lita being left out of the squad for that play off final is still one of the most mental decisions I've ever seen a manager make.  If that was at a much higher level like say an England world cup final, it would be one of the most talked about things in football even today.

7 minutes ago, Roe said:

Lita being left out of the squad for that play off final is still one of the most mental decisions I've ever seen a manager make.  If that was at a much higher level like say an England world cup final, it would be one of the most talked about things in football even today.

Yeah criminal decision roe

12 minutes in and really enjoying it already. I like both your interview styles by the way. 

The bit about tennis has touched me. I've been thinking a lot about this recently and how as kids we had really shit facilities, but you walk through certain neighborhoods as have recently and they have access to amazing stuff if they also have the money. I tried to bring it up with supposedly people who think along the same lines and even they batted it off with the usual shit "Yeah well it will just get destroyed in that area etc." It's really messed up so glad to hear someone else speak about it!  Sorry for getting political. 

4 hours ago, Roe said:

I get that we played so poorly at cardiff but i feel like history has been rewritten after the event with complaints about this . I would have had Lita on the bench but would he actually have made a difference (we'll never know ) but many talk as if Lita had scored 25 goals that season and was then left out of the squad.

At the time his many goals had Lita actually scored for us?  Obviously he went on to become a great player but i dont think his goal scoring record at the time was anything to write home about .

If someone can dig out the stats and prove me wrong then fair enough.

I look forward to listening, was great player for us and went on to have a very good career. Probably one of if not the best academy graduate we have (I know I know we got him from chelsea!)

3 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

I get that we played so poorly at cardiff but i feel like history has been rewritten after the event with complaints about this . I would have had Lita on the bench but would he actually have made a difference (we'll never know ) but many talk as if Lita had scored 25 goals that season and was then left out of the squad.

At the time his many goals had Lita actually scored for us?  Obviously he went on to become a great player but i dont think his goal scoring record at the time was anything to write home about .

I look forward to listening, was great player for us and went on to have a very good career. Probably one of if not the best academy graduate we have (I know I know we got him from chelsea!)

That game was crying out for someone like Lita against the slow partnership of butters and culip at the back for brighton

6 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

He scored 5 that season, but imagine a fair amount of games were off the bench. 

8 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

If only there was some kind of connected IT information system (like a kind of web) where one could look such things up in a few seconds!

26 games 5 goals

THE most disappointing game ever (until Hull),  everyone was so up before the game in Cardiff - thousands out drinking and everyone convinced we would win, even the Brighton fans we spoke to in the pub were treating it as a day out and didn't th.ink they had much of a chance.

3 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

If only there was some kind of connected IT information system (like a kind of web) where one could look such things up in a few seconds!

26 games 5 goals

THE most disappointing game ever (until Hull),  everyone was so up before the game in Cardiff - thousands out drinking and everyone convinced we would win, even the Brighton fans we spoke to in the pub were treating it as a day out and didn't th.ink they had much of a chance.

Personally think Wilson set us up to just not concede that game, play for a late winner or even win in ET or pens maybe. Perhaps nervous of being too attacking and open in such a big game?

55 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Personally think Wilson set us up to just not concede that game, play for a late winner or even win in ET or pens maybe. Perhaps nervous of being too attacking and open in such a big game?

Yeah this is my interpretation of why we didnt win...rather than it being the absence of Lita (although I appreciate the lack of Lita on the bench could be construed as the same thing ).

5 goals in 25 games (probably of which 20 were as sub ) shows Lita had promise but it's not like Wilson left out a proven goalscorer.

Scotty murry and Marc goodfellow came on so it wasnt like we didnt have attacking options. 

I understand why people might think he should have been on the bench but just dont look back at that game and think it was a big factor in why we lost 

29 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Yeah this is my interpretation of why we didnt win...rather than it being the absence of Lita (although I appreciate the lack of Lita on the bench could be construed as the same thing ).

5 goals in 25 games (probably of which 20 were as sub ) shows Lita had promise but it's not like Wilson left out a proven goalscorer.

Scotty murry and Marc goodfellow came on so it wasnt like we didnt have attacking options. 

I understand why people might think he should have been on the bench but just dont look back at that game and think it was a big factor in why we lost 

Playing Craig woodman in midfield was a masterstroke by Wilson

1 hour ago, The Humble Realist said:

Just realised he wasn't on the bench.... Yeah **** that what was Wilson thinking? Raw 19 year old with pace to come off the bench is a great option.

7 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Not so much of a knob as he is made out to be then

48 minutes ago, Abingdon Red said:

Didn't know about the Steve Brooker story, hopefully that wouldn't happen now and wouldn't be tolerated by the club if it did.

Leroy Lita is and will always be a knob. Not a bad footballer but awful human being.

5 hours ago, The Humble Realist said:

Fair points re his record up to then but I remember a couple of those 5 goals that season Boxing Day 2003, in front of the away end at Brentford to turn around a 1-0 to 2-1. One of my fav games. I can't remember who was on the bench at Cardiff instead of him but imagine Wilson having him there and saying with 20 to go;  remember Brentford!

Archived