IGNORED

Extended interview with LEROY LITA

Shtanley

Sounds like a difficult person to interview, haven't got through all of it yet but seems he just wants to say wether he likes someone or not and if they treated him well or not. When he does get onto a story it's very short he doesn't seem very good at painting a picture. Seems like a lack of structure to his thoughts, but then it's not his profession so not sure what I was expecting.

Didn’t really warm to him as a player while here, always thought he was a bit of a headless chicken but he clearly proved me wrong and did well and when he played against us you could see the problems he caused, I wonder how many others from that squad could have gone on to play in the prem. 

• Admin
13 hours ago, ITK..... said:

Leroy Lita is and will always be a knob. Not a bad footballer but awful human being.

If you are basing this on the watch or money stories on the waterfront.

I'm yet to meet anyone who actually saw the event. But lots of people claim to know someone that was there.

The funny thing over the years I have heard the same story about other players and other clubs many times too.

Urban legend maybe?

27 minutes ago, phantom said:

If you are basing this on the watch or money stories on the waterfront.

I'm yet to meet anyone who actually saw the event. But lots of people claim to know someone that was there.

The funny thing over the years I have heard the same story about other players and other clubs many times too.

Urban legend maybe?

I'm basing it on something I witnessed myself, nothing to do with fights or waterfront antic's. 

And I won't be talking about it on here! 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What are you saying that for then Spoons? He was last playing here many years ago and presumably has grown up lots in that time. I’ve also heard what he was like during his time here but I assume he’s a different man now.

FWIW he did an interview just after he retired and said he needed to do some ‘soul searching’ now that he’d left football. Judging anyone when they’re a 18/19 year old lad would be a stupid thing to do for the best of people, let alone a footballer. 

He was a gent tbf and seems very content and settled. If he was a manual manipulator he would’ve just blanked the invite or told us to do one but reality it he said yes instantly and even wanted to do the interview the same night we asked!

14 hours ago, poland_exile said:

I think if some of the stories are to be believed then you wouldn't question the statement. 

Yeah exactly stories. I heard loads about him whilst growing up myself watching city but I did hear about the story of him fighting Brooker and I was led to believe it was all Lita's fault at the time. Listening to that podcast he had every right to stick up for himself. 

I had my own misconceptions about him based on stories without knowing the full picture. 

Either way I don't always think you can judge a person on the man they were in their early twenties to now a 35 year old man. 

30 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Yeah exactly stories. I heard loads about him whilst growing up myself watching city but I did hear about the story of him fighting Brooker and I was led to believe it was all Lita's fault at the time. Listening to that podcast he had every right to stick up for himself. 

I had my own misconceptions about him based on stories without knowing the full picture. 

Either way I don't always think you can judge a person on the man they were in their early twenties to now a 35 year old man. 

Well put and I would be otherwise in total agreement were it not for the one nasty story that does the rounds (sorry to be vague, but I don't want to get booted off here for repeating it!) 

I fairness he gets better in the second half of the podcast. 

What comes across to me is his need to fight for everything for himself, everything seems to be about him and what he wanted to achieve - that single vision is very powerful but what do you do when you achieve it, I would have liked to know what his plans are for the future, can see things going either way for him. Hope he does well.

2 hours ago, walnutroof said:

What wasn’t really covered was why his career kinda tailed off almost like it peaked too soon 

It seemed like that question would’ve really riled him so we left it out. Someone asked about it on another one he did about how it felt ‘dropping out the premier league’ and it didn’t go down well. 

On 17/05/2020 at 19:28, petehinton said:

It seemed like that question would’ve really riled him so we left it out. Someone asked about it on another one he did about how it felt ‘dropping out the premier league’ and it didn’t go down well. 

What did he say? Would be interesting in listening to that podcast. Finished it yesterday and enjoyed it overall. 

Picked up on his comments about Walsh as well who he clearly didn't get on with, thought you might have asked him to elaborate there. Tinman obviously saw something in him and that's what he's good at hence the job he has now. Found his time in Greece interesting too and looked up to see if there was more information about the club he played at but I couldn't find much. 

Glad he clocked Brooker if true.

Oddly I listened to this back to back with Richard Shaw interviewed on Quickly Kevin...

Lita says Strachen the worst manager he's played for, Shaw says Strachen the best he ever played for.

Both said his training was great though.

Belatedly caught up as I work backwards here. 

Sounds like he did no research about his career moves (Boro / Barnsley etc) and regretted quite a few of them. Too impulsive and quick to make a decision (signing the first contract offered etc) despite at other times seeming quite sensible. 

Would’ve liked to find out more about why Walsh wanted to bomb him out. Either a mental tactic to focus or a real dislike, Lita didn’t seem like he was shy in explanation so maybe could’ve been pushed a little more on that. 

Archived