IGNORED

a surprise find o youtube

22A

12 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

And history

Of course and seeing AG as it was over the years is a trip down memory lane for many of us but at the same time it certainly reminds me of how much better the stadium Is these days with its modern build facilities. 

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Of course and seeing AG as it was over the years is a trip down memory lane for many of us but at the same time it certainly reminds me of how much better the stadium Is these days with its modern build facilities. 

Fantastic. Watching that bought back some many memories. I remember when the Dolman stand was being built, the late 70,s with my dad at home games at the front of the east end between columns 3 and 4. In my teanager years in the enclosure. You can almost feel the atmosphere watching the link.

2 hours ago, City oz said:

Fantastic. Watching that bought back some many memories. I remember when the Dolman stand was being built, the late 70,s with my dad at home games at the front of the east end between columns 3 and 4. In my teanager years in the enclosure. You can almost feel the atmosphere watching the link.

I remember the Williams being built and finished around 1952.

Anyone on here remember the Covered End roofing going on late 1920's or early 30's? ?

Incredible to think that, after all that, the stadium is not unrecognisable from how it end there. 

Especially as you have to go back to a few of the images from the 1930's to say it looked anything remotely like the memorial ground..! 

It's amazing how time moves on, I can remember proudly taking my seat in the what was then the brand new Atyeo stand and thinking wow this is fantastic and I suppose compared to the old standing terrace with a urinal that consisted of a painted breeze block wall to p*ss against it was, but now when I look at it it's like the ugly sister compared to the rest of the ground. I suppose in 50 years people will look back as we do and think how did they put up with that, but looking at those old stands which I well remember even the old open terrace where the Dolman stand is I cant help feeling a twinge of regret that a football day out has lost some of it's excitement with all standing together moaning about getting soaking wet even it felt in some ways more of a shared experience, it would be good to hear what some others on here think was it really the good old days or am I just wearing red tinted specs?

Yes it is. What a lovely find bought back some good memories from when i started going there in the late 50's on the specials with my dad. Goes back to the days when football was football and fans were fans. I used to collect autographs in the sixties and hang around the players entrance at the back of the Williams. Happy days!

4 hours ago, City oz said:

Late 60s the Dolman was built. Opened in 1970 I think?

Some fantastic and powerful scenes in that video. Having started going to games as a child in the mid 70s, I have incredibly vivid images in my mind of that decade, as well as the 80s and 90s. The noughties onwards not so much, strangely, it all kind of merges. Actually that applies to my memory of life in general, not just football! 

Archived