IGNORED

Continental football thread

mozo

Of course it's weird without a crowd, but I'm slowly getting used to it. 

But great to see live football again!

Erling Haaland, what a phenom! 

I'm looking forward to seeing other Bundesliga stars like Kai Havertz and Timo Werner.

I'm also intrigued by Union Berlin and their attritional style of football.

10 minutes ago, mozo said:

Of course it's weird without a crowd, but I'm slowly getting used to it. 

But great to see live football again!

Erling Haaland, what a phenom! 

I'm looking forward to seeing other Bundesliga stars like Kai Havertz and Timo Werner.

I'm also intrigued by Union Berlin and their attritional style of football.

Haaland is English 'n' all.

Just now, 1964w said:

Haaland looks a quality footballer, involved in Dortmund first three goals

We were linked with him at Leeds, probably because his dad played for us, too good for the championship

Not sure he's even 20 yet. Some talent certainly.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Not sure he's even 20 yet. Some talent certainly.

Nope, he's 19, and has 41 goals in all comps this season, including 10 in the German Bundesliga at about a goal per hour played, and 10 in the Champs League. 

With Messi and C Ronaldo getting on a bit now, we have Haaland and Mbappe as the new superstars coming through, but with more of a (Brazilian) Ronaldo style; fast, powerful and lethal. They're technically good but can play on the shoulder and punish defences.

Great to see live football back on our screens again. Really enjoyed the Dortmund game and will watch Bayern tomorrow. Good to see it returning without all the petty squabbling and self interest in this country.

45 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Great to see live football back on our screens again. Really enjoyed the Dortmund game and will watch Bayern tomorrow. Good to see it returning without all the petty squabbling and self interest in this country.

Would have been brilliant if all of a sudden someone starting loudly chanting "shit ground, no fans".

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Safe to say Frankfurt haven`t really got going in this game yet?

3 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

That's good. Give me a B, give be a o, give me a r. I will have to fine another chant.

The Foals

47 minutes ago, hodge said:

Greuther Furth's Hummel kit looks pretty nice

Hamburg are my team (family from there). They conceded a last minute equaliser to scupper their promotion hopes. Just like watching City...

Maybe people could put the details of the upcoming games.

It would be dead handy for someone like me who gets confused with finding the correct stations and times etc........

Im completely ignorant to whats happening RE: Football as Ive had more serious stuff to deal with ?, maybe just the kick off time and TV station.

eg:-Team A V Team B 7pm ITV 4.

Thanks

26 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Maybe people could put the details of the upcoming games.

It would be dead handy for someone like me who gets confused with finding the correct stations and times etc........

Im completely ignorant to whats happening RE: Football as Ive had more serious stuff to deal with ?, maybe just the kick off time and TV station.

eg:-Team A V Team B 7pm ITV 4.

Thanks

Pretty sure they're all BT Sport? Just varies whether which channel of theirs, if you have Sky you can add BT Sport monthly pass for £25 a month. And BBC's fixture list should provide a list of all fixtures.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/german-bundesliga/scores-fixtures/2020-05?filter=fixtures

Tuesday 26th May Dortmund v Munich

12 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Training match for Bayern this.

Yeah Union were good for 15 minutes then completely outplayed for the rest of the match. 

Havertz on show tomorrow night. I missed Marcus Thuram (son of Lilian) at BMg. He's supposed be really good.

Having watched Leverkusen twice this week, I'm starting to think he'd be better for Liverpool than Timo Werner. 

Havertz just has a touch of class that is fitting for the current crop of scousers. He's also a threat in the air, which Liverpool don't currently have in forward areas. He could push Firmino for that central role.

In other news, La Liga back in a couple of weeks.

On 17/05/2020 at 16:50, Lanterne Rouge said:

One plus of this coverage is the delectable Lynsey Hipgrave in the studio.

Must admit you wouldn't kick her out from under the duvet for breaking copious amounts of wind.

Archived