IGNORED

Continental football thread

mozo

10 hours ago, hodge said:

Looking forward to Der Klassiker on Tuesday, question over whether Dortmund recall Sancho or leave in Brandt, would have to think they'd recall Sancho. His assist for Dortmund's second was excellent

I think the Bayern back line is vulnerable to a pacy counter attack. They played a high line v Frankfurt and looked open at times. A better team could punish them and the pace of Sancho and Haaland will really disrupt that defence. 

In attacking areas Bayern looked really up for it though and great work rate all over.

12 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Do we think 3 horse race now- I think Borussia Monchengladbach out of it after today, if Leipzig win 4? 3 or 4?

Leipzig have pretty favourable fixtures upcoming although still play Dortmund at home in penultimate game. That game could be vital in where the title goes.

Dortmund are the only team good enough to catch Bayern though and I don't see it happening. Might change my mind on Tuesday though!

Guten Tag!

5:30 kick off for Der Klassiker!!

Bayern has brought Gnabry back in to the starting line up. Sancho, Can, Gotze and Reyna all on the bench for Dortmund. 

Bayern can all but win the title with a win.

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

For me thats a penalty for handball, intentionally or not his movement and the ball coming off his arm has pushed it wide of the goal

Rules must be different in Germany, in the EPL that's a pen all day, not that I'd expect them to be consistent! 

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Good Klassiker (?) that. Loved the Bundesliga so far. Now hoping for Leverkusen to win me a tenner. 

That's on you.

Great performances by Wolfsburg and Frankfurt. Bremen/BMG was a honking great turd. More tomorrow night including Koln away to Hoffenheim, Leipzig squashing Hertha, Schalke in a trap game away to Dussledorf, Augsburg vs Paderborn and Union Berlin vs Mainz. All on BT.

52 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

That's on you.

Great performances by Wolfsburg and Frankfurt. Bremen/BMG was a honking great turd. More tomorrow night including Koln away to Hoffenheim, Leipzig squashing Hertha, Schalke in a trap game away to Dussledorf, Augsburg vs Paderborn and Union Berlin vs Mainz. All on BT.

Yea me betting is a kiss of death on any team sadly. Looking forward to tomorrow night though. I’ll probably watch Leipzig, hated or not they play good football.

Gav's becoming quite the metric :facepalm: :laughcont:

Another not-dull game for Koln, but a loss. Down to 10 men midway through the first half, 3-0 down 3 minutes into the second half, then Hoffenheim had a man sent off and all bets were off. Penalty awarded by VAR and was shot straight at the goalkeeper, Koln pulled one back with 15 minutes left but couldn't close the gap.

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Yeah I was watching that. Bizarre! 

Cunha is a good player mind.

Yeah he won't be at Hertha for long, I know they're investing heavily etc but champions league teams will come for him soon

Schalke ST owners: "Give us partial refunds."

Schalke: "OK, give us documents to show why you should."

*they remember that the rest of the season is behind closed doors, and they've lost 5 on the spin*

Schalke: "Never mind, here you go."

Also, RB Leipzig are selling Timo Werner to Chelsea.

23 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

Schalke ST owners: "Give us partial refunds."

Schalke: "OK, give us documents to show why you should."

*they remember that the rest of the season is behind closed doors, and they've lost 5 on the spin*

Schalke: "Never mind, here you go."

Also, RB Leipzig are selling Timo Werner to Chelsea.

Yeah that's big news! Liverpool seemingly had Werner on a string for ages but never actually made the offer. I wonder if Liverpool thought they could find an even bigger star elsewhere, like a Haaland or Mbappe?! Maybe they're after Havertz instead?

In other continental football news, the Portuguese league resumed and Corona scored in Porto's first match back. Lovely stuff.

Archived