IGNORED

Continental football thread

mozo

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Had no idea that Real Betis had such support or even a ground big enough to hold 50k people (let alone 60k!)

I was unaware myself, I was intrigued by Real Betis, I sat in a bar in Barcelona watching Betis v Real Madrid on tv, there were people wearing Betis shirts watching the game. There fans seem to thrive on the fact they are so loyal ( and they are)  but also know they are real underachievers for such a big club, strange but true
The book I’m reading is by Colin Millar, The frying pan of Spain.

Very interesting book on Spanish football and in particular Sevilla and Real Betis. 

3 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Stayed in Seville last year, and this was the view from my hotel room...

EFFECTS.jpg

It's a huge stadium!

Unfortunately, due to redevelopment work at Sevilla's stadium, I managed to visit in the one week of the season where both teams were away, so didn't get to watch a game! ?

44 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I was unaware myself, I was intrigued by Real Betis, I sat in a bar in Barcelona watching Betis v Real Madrid on tv, there were people wearing Betis shirts watching the game. There fans seem to thrive on the fact they are so loyal ( and they are)  but also know they are real underachievers for such a big club, strange but true

Very interesting book on Spanish football and in particular Sevilla and Real Betis. 

My impression of Real Betis (though I wouldnt claim to be an expert on Spanish football in any respect) is a side, usually top tier, has made it into europe infrequently, but are usually lower mid table. 

If I'd have guess at their stadium size I'd have said something AG sized, in the 20k-30k range.

I'll certainly be keeping an eye on the game tonight. 

55 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Thanks for this. Might have to check that one out. Definitely taken more of an interest in both clubs since visiting their wonderful city last year (even though Andalucia's finest team are currently given them a chance by languishing in La Segunda :laugh:).

30 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

My impression of Real Betis (though I wouldnt claim to be an expert on Spanish football in any respect) is a side, usually top tier, has made it into europe infrequently, but are usually lower mid table. 

If I'd have guess at their stadium size I'd have said something AG sized, in the 20k-30k range.

I'll certainly be keeping an eye on the game tonight. 

I shall be watching it, just a shame it’s behind closed doors?

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

The Newcastle of Spain....

Coppa load of this... ?

Intriguing stuff in the Italian cup semi! 

Cristiano penalty miss...

Rebic harshly sent off for Milan...

But nearly half time and I Rossineri are still in the game. Could something incredible happen?!

Tutti frutti!

Archived