IGNORED

RIP Dave Fear

Super

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

RIP Dave. It`s not been the best couple of days for City has it?

Not been great few weeks with Hunter too.  With Chris Garland in hospice too, 2020 is quite the retched year so far :( 

On 18/05/2020 at 17:33, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Very sad.  Didn't he take a bit of stick over the lighting failure in the match against Liverpool?

He had to get his hands dirty trying to get them to work again! I worked for the company that supplied the lights, but I had nothing to do with them failing (or did I :))

Dave was a lovely bloke and absolutely City (and Glos cricket) mad. My two abiding memories of him will be the day after we got relegated to the 4th division for the first time and he came into my workplace, he called out to me and I thought he was going to do one of those 'Sorry you went down mate, I never wanted that' type of comment that some fans go for, but he went for the full on laughing his head off and taking the piss for a full ten minutes!

The other was when I really first knew him and was just working in the stores of one of his suppliers ,while he was quite a big shot customer. Bristol were playing Bath at Twickenham in the John Player Cup final and me and a mate walked past some kind of hospitality tent , I saw him but didn't say anything  (feeling a bit shy and intimidated I suppose) but he saw me and called me over to come and have a beer, when I explained I was with my mate, he said he could come in too and we were treated to as much as we could drink and eat.

I saw him a few times after he retired and he would always stop for a chat , ask after the family and ask if I was still 'watching that shit'

He was asked to be on the board at one time, but couldn't because of business commitments , he was very proud to have been asked and I know it was a real wrench for him to say no. Really nice bloke, with no airs and graces about him, he will be missed by an awful lot of people.

Right on Rupe!

Archived