IGNORED

Harry's Heroes

Super

I had my heart attack and triple bypass very much at the younger end of life (I was aged 36). I had what the Doctors called an "interesting youth" and to be fair, there isnt much I didnt have a go at. Is Razor well on his way to having a heart attack? God yes!! It might take a heart attack to slow him down though....it certainly slowed me up, and there was no reasoning with me beforehand....much like Ruddock now really. 

I suppose it's contractual but perhaps they could've got Ian Wright or Alan Shearer? Maybe it's a Source thing and wouldn't have made good telly.

Just now, Swede said:

I suppose it's contractual but perhaps they could've got Ian Wright or Alan Shearer? Maybe it's a Source thing and wouldn't have made good telly.

Source!

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

Just watched the second episode. If they were short of players didn’t see any reference to Michael Owen as he’d played in the game in France?

Yes, I was wondering where he had disappeared to, without any explanation from Harry, who clearly did lots of voiceover after the event .  I guess it is one of those programmes where "continuity" forensics would have a field day, with players coming and going, some with a big fanfare, others with barely a mention.  

I also thought it odd that Vinnie Jones went in goal against San Marino, when it was clear that David Seaman was only going to make a cameo starting appearance, and yet Vinnie's old mucker Dave Beasant had been drafted in specifically to cover the GK position and was sat on the bench.  I know it got sorted once the management had spotted it, but how did that happen?

Having said that, I am only nit-picking really.  I think it is a brilliantly fascinating series, probably more for the life stories than any football action.  The Razor/Merse clash on the first programme was very intense and emotional, as was the Lee Hendrie story, and Harry recounting his near death experience in the car crash in 1990.

5 hours ago, Mr X said:

Just watched the second episode. If they were short of players didn’t see any reference to Michael Owen as he’d played in the game in France?

Maybe Razor ate him.

• Admin

I never knew Gazza was meant to take the 4th penalty against West Germany but didn't because he was too emotional. 

I cringed at the commentator when he said "oh he's in tears Stuart Pearce, and I thought he was a really hard man" ...... and people wondered why men struggled to show emotion back then

• Admin
7 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

.... .was very intense and emotional, as was the Lee Hendrie story,

As someone who has been battling something similar for a number of years I have nothing but admiration for Lee Sharpe. That took some real guts opening up like that 

Archived