IGNORED

Loan players in league one

I thought all contracts ran til the end of June. If so they will be back with us (contract wise) from July 1st. Whilst we could have them back we may also lose our loan signings including Afobe. I'm sure all this will be sorted by EFL before the season re starts.

Just now, The Humble Realist said:

Will they  be able to play for us if the season ends for league one ?

Would be great to be able to add walsh , moore and Morell to the matchday squad?

I wouldn’t have thought they would as this is an extension of the existing season - in the same way I would suspect we will keep the loaners we have.

Simple answer to your question should be no.  We are past the registration date for players.  Cannot believe the EFL will amend the rules.  It would cause all sorts of problems. It could be harsh on those 3 but they must be hoping League 1 resumes so they can play some football.  Imagine City want them to play so possibly wouldn't want too much remuneration from their loan clubs. 

They wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the team.  Would have to train alone etc.

• Admin
1 hour ago, The Humble Realist said:

Will they  be able to play for us if the season ends for league one ?

Would be great to be able to add walsh , moore and Morell to the matchday squad?

1 hour ago, class not gas said:

Dont see why not, there contracted to City so must be available for selection.

I'm not sure in a normal season if a player has been on loan at a club where a season has finished would be eligible to play for a side in the play offs

I would hope there is some leniency on this, if the likes of Nagy, Massengo and Periera are currently on lockdown in their home countries they may not be able to return in time (particularly with the 2 week quarantine period) for training so we may need the likes of Walsh and Morrell to be part of the initial matchday squads.

19 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

I would hope there is some leniency on this, if the likes of Nagy, Massengo and Periera are currently on lockdown in their home countries they may not be able to return in time (particularly with the 2 week quarantine period) for training so we may need the likes of Walsh and Morrell to be part of the initial matchday squads.

Not sure about Pereira and Nagy, but HNM is still here in Bristol.  I would be surprised if the others went back home before lockdown.

17 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Not sure about Pereira and Nagy, but HNM is still here in Bristol.  I would be surprised if the others went back home before lockdown.

Nagy went to Hungary, Pereira is in Bristol. 

Let's assume for one moment that the rules aren't changed, and we are able to field players we sent out on loan, but were unable to play Afobe or that bloke from Leicester and Pereira...

You'd think we'd be okay, we were without Afobe for most of the season anyway, Pereira wasn't a regular starter and the kids coming back would provide new options.

What would the impact be on the top 6 though (I don't know their squads well enough if any of them have a loan or two tearing it up for them in the way Tammy did a few years back).

4 hours ago, hodge said:

Probably not unless they make a change to the rules for registration of players 

3 hours ago, The Bard said:

Simple answer to your question should be no.  We are past the registration date for players.  Cannot believe the EFL will amend the rules.  It would cause all sorts of problems. It could be harsh on those 3 but they must be hoping League 1 resumes so they can play some football.  Imagine City want them to play so possibly wouldn't want too much remuneration from their loan clubs. 

They wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the team.  Would have to train alone etc.

I agree with you two.

The only thing I’ve heard is that it will be possible to extend a contract / loan deal to the “end of the season” if all parties agree....allowing players to continue playing for their “current” club beyond 30.06 if the season goes beyond that date.

Archived