IGNORED

Ashton Gate - neutral rugby venue?

Bristol Rob

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

how much space does the NHS Testing station take up?

Just a trailer in the car park, so easily moved. Fairshare food packages for distribution take up some of the concourse, West Stand, so they could easily be moved too.

34 minutes ago, RedM said:

Just a trailer in the car park, so easily moved. Fairshare food packages for distribution take up some of the concourse, West Stand, so they could easily be moved too.

Would they need to move anything from the concourse?  It will be without fans,  so unless part of the proposal is to set up temporary changing rooms in the concourse, which is of course a possibility, they should be ok to remain I'd imagine.

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sorry, should have been a bit clearer. 

And made the link shorter.

Just wondering what the use of AG as a rugby venue would mean for our remaining game, assuming we get back to normal.

Or what would be left of the pitch after several games a day? Apparently they have to fit in 57 matches in as few grounds as possible.

Bemusing to read that Mark Tainton thinks AG is suitable due to easy access. Hardly an issue with no crowd, but I think few people would say ease of access is one of the best things about the Gate.

7 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

Or what would be left of the pitch after several games a day? Apparently they have to fit in 57 matches in as few grounds as possible.

Bemusing to read that Mark Tainton thinks AG is suitable due to easy access. Hardly an issue with no crowd, but I think few people would say ease of access is one of the best things about the Gate.

He might mean ease of access in terms of teams getting in and out without tripping over each other perhaps ?

If he means it any other way then he took a few too many high tackles during his career !

1 hour ago, phantom said:

We were looked at when the neutral grounds were being muted for the football but our pitch was deemed not big enough

I always thought we had one of the bigger pitches 

(This came from Adrian Durham on Talksport)

Big enough to meet requirements but not big enough to meet the size premier league wanted? At most it could be 5 yards shorter/narrower then the average premier league ground, with the likes of Old Trafford then being the biggest about 7 yards larger each way than minimum EFL requirements.

44 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

He might mean ease of access in terms of teams getting in and out without tripping over each other perhaps ?

If he means it any other way then he took a few too many high tackles during his career !

Key thing is 2 sets of changing rooms.  Will enable games to follow one after the other. Imagine they'll have 2 games each Friday to Sunday. 

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Big enough to meet requirements but not big enough to meet the size premier league wanted? At most it could be 5 yards shorter/narrower then the average premier league ground, with the likes of Old Trafford then being the biggest about 7 yards larger each way than minimum EFL requirements.

Our pitch is 105 metres by 68 metres or 115 yards by 75 in old money which makes it the same size or bigger than all but one team in the premier league (Brighton)so I don't know where this our pitch wasn't big enough started.

17 minutes ago, pillred said:

Our pitch is 105 metres by 68 metres or 115 yards by 75 in old money which makes it the same size or bigger than all but one team in the premier league (Brighton)so I don't know where this our pitch wasn't big enough started.

When you say our pitch you mean the playing surface at Ashton Gate,its not owned by the financial supporters,its pityful pretending that BCFC belongs to the fans,its a ******* business man get real

4 minutes ago, One Dickie Rooks said:

When you say our pitch you mean the playing surface at Ashton Gate,its not owned by the financial supporters,its pityful pretending that BCFC belongs to the fans,its a ******* business man get real

Over It Whatever GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

15 minutes ago, One Dickie Rooks said:

Oh! dear lockdown getting to you is it?

3 hours ago, The Bard said:

Key thing is 2 sets of changing rooms.  Will enable games to follow one after the other. Imagine they'll have 2 games each Friday to Sunday. 

Don’t think of the changing rooms as being just one room per team. There is a whole network of rooms available, eg the main dressing rooms, warm up rooms, Ref’s rooms, medical rooms, and of course loads of toilets and showers/baths, a very impressive set up. Plenty of space to move around in, an envy of many clubs I would think. 

Land then there are the media facilities, again no expense spared. 

If we don’t get the matches it will down to geographical reasons I would think. Maybe someone more central will get the nod. And maybe someone who doesn’t have a football team to consider

2 hours ago, pillred said:

A gobshite on Talksport probably 

Archived